• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official November 2016 Thread***

I will be there 11/14-17 for my birthday trip! So excited! My mom and I got annual passes, so we will be going back more frequently! This time we are staying at All Star Music.
The Plan:
Monday (11/14)- Animal Kingdom
Tuesday (11/15)- Epcot (with evening EMH)
Wednesday (11/16)- Magic Kingdom
Thursday (11/17)- Hollywood Studios

So quiet here! At 29 days, I am in 24/7 Disney mode, and the kids dont know yet so I cant talk about it with them! We need some QOTDs to liven things up..... todays question:

Any new ADRs on this trip that you are excited to try?
34 days!! 2 new ADR's this trip I am excited to try are Minnies Holiday dine at H&V and Whispering Canyon. Most of our other ADR's are repeats this time. My DH doesn't like leaving the park for an ADR but I try to add one ADR at a different resort each time so I can check out the resort. I am excited to see Wilderness lodge this time.:)

27 more days here! We haven't been since 2013 and only did 2 park days (EP&MK) and only ate QS. This time we have 7 day park hoppers and I seriously need to narrow down my ADRs. I keep seeing ones pop up that I think would be nice and grab them though. It's becoming a compulsion.

I now have:
Crystal Palace PPO
BOG lunch
LTT lunch
Garden Grill dinner
Akershus breakfast (@10:45- would we enjoy breakfast &lunch?)
Via Napoli dinner
Tusker House dinner
Sci-Fi dinner
Cape May breakfast
1900 PF breakfast

I have a serious problem!! Especially since I want to do a max of 3 character meals.
I do the same thing!! I got everything we wanted at 180 days but I keep convincing myself there must be another one I need to try, LOL! I have 1 ADR too many but I think it will be Tusker House Dinner I let go this time. We always want to try Flame Tree BBQ but are always to full from Tusker House!:teeth:

Hey all!

Anyone around on Turkey Day, what are your plans?

We arrive Early evening and have a ADR at Raglan Rd, hope they still have some Turkey Left!!
We're there on Thanksgiving :) Plan is Splitsville as soon as they open to bowl, then some more shopping/ wandering in DS. We'll grab something somewhere for a quick lunch and then we have dinner at Trails End at 4:45. Might run in to HS after or just hang at the resort and enjoy the BW entertainment.

So quiet here! At 29 days, I am in 24/7 Disney mode, and the kids dont know yet so I cant talk about it with them! We need some QOTDs to liven things up..... todays question:

29 days, nice! We're at 40. New ADR's for us this trip are:
-Cape May Cafe dinner
-Il Mulino (new for our kids)
-Trails End dinner
-Trails End weekend brunch (new for kids)
We have lunch at Mama Melrose and LTT, not new but it's been years since we've been so kind of new!

25 days out until we head to Florida! We're trying to figure out where we want to catch a bite to eat at. We're doing Disney Springs & Monorail resort tour for the day. We're on a tight budget this year as we're going for a week next year and saving for that. Any suggestions for a Quick Service meal or an inexpensive table service??? Any easy to get to resorts or Disney Springs. TIA!
How about WPE in DS? I know there's lots of new QS there but I haven't been. WPE just gets consistently positive reviews and we love it! Sanaa or Boma over at AKL/V would be nice for TS since it's such a beautiful resort to look around but I'm not sure offhand of the price range :)

New for me this trip are dinner at the Yachtsman (yay for my half marathon celebratory dinner!) and lunch at the Plaza. I think that's it.

27 more days here! We haven't been since 2013 and only did 2 park days (EP&MK) and only ate QS. This time we have 7 day park hoppers and I seriously need to narrow down my ADRs. I keep seeing ones pop up that I think would be nice and grab them though. It's becoming a compulsion.

I now have:
Crystal Palace PPO
BOG lunch
LTT lunch
Garden Grill dinner
Akershus breakfast (@10:45- would we enjoy breakfast &lunch?)
Via Napoli dinner
Tusker House dinner
Sci-Fi dinner
Cape May breakfast
1900 PF breakfast

I have a serious problem!! Especially since I want to do a max of 3 character meals.

I've eaten at all but Garden Grill. Crystal Palace is one of my family's must dos so I'd keep that. I normally love LTT, but the last time I ate there, in February, it had changed and I wasn't as fond of the menu anymore. My friend ate there in August again and said she did not like it. I was also underwhelmed with the food at 1900 PF, but the character interaction was amazing.

My most anticipated new ADR is Homecoming. Hello fried chicken and donuts!

Dying to try Homecoming! But couldn't decide what ADR to give up so will hopefully try it in April when we are back.

Hey all!

Anyone around on Turkey Day, what are your plans?

We arrive Early evening and have a ADR at Raglan Rd, hope they still have some Turkey Left!!

We will be there for Thanksgiving Day originally planned to be a non park day but DD wants a full day at DS for some serious shopping 8-)
I was able to get some good FP's for the morning at MK which will be insane I know but fun. Now for my dilemma, we have Thanksgiving Brunch booked at 1900 Park Fare but I also had booked our dinner at the Yachtsman.
Both are new for us this trip and I have been really looking forward to our dinner at Yachtsman but the brunch sounds fun too. Will have to let one go soon :rolleyes1

40 more days for us :yay:

We are really looking forward to trying Ohana for dinner I still can't believe we have never eaten dinner here
Also Yachtsman Steakhouse and Beaches & Cream are new yum
Akershus pre park opening for breakfast we went when DD was 5 now she's 22 and we are excited to return

We have a few new ADRs this trip...1900 Park fare for breakfast, Grand Floridian Café for breakfast, and we need to decide between Trail's End and the DVC dinner at the Contemporary on Thanksgiving.

Speaking of food, my bf and I will be making a quick 4 day trip to F & W leaving this Thursday! I'm so excited! I've made a huge change in my diet and been adding exercise in and have lost 21 lbs in the last 3 1/2 months. Hoping to not gain it all back in 4 days. Hahahaha

We will be there for Thanksgiving Day originally planned to be a non park day but DD wants a full day at DS for some serious shopping 8-)
I was able to get some good FP's for the morning at MK which will be insane I know but fun. Now for my dilemma, we have Thanksgiving Brunch booked at 1900 Park Fare but I also had booked our dinner at the Yachtsman.
Both are new for us this trip and I have been really looking forward to our dinner at Yachtsman but the brunch sounds fun too. Will have to let one go soon :rolleyes1
Yachtsman is really good, the food is outstanding but the service really matches it, our server was so knowledgeable. We don't mind a chat with CMs so I was good from that point of view, at the same time he respected other tables who weren't so chatty

Last edited:
We ! I'm so excited! I've made a huge change in my diet and been adding exercise in and have lost 21 lbs in the last 3 1/2 months. Hoping to not gain it all back in 4 days. Hahahaha

Same here, ive lost about 30 in the past 4 months. Ive been eating tiny portions (nutrisystem) and now I have these buffets booked and worried about how I will do, lol

Be Our Guest lunch and a late Tusker House breakfast! Can't wait to see inside Beast's castle!

These restaurants aren't new to us but excited to try them at a new time: PPO Crystal Palace on our first full day, never done a PPO reservation before! Also, Raglan Road brunch, this is what my husband is most excited about, Raglan Road was his absolute favorite from our honeymoon.

Not an ADR, but really excited to sample some Food and Wine offerings too!

I am excited to try Teppan Edo, my 14 yo DD has a Japanese friend and has been very interested in their foods and customs for awhile. I think she's going to get a kick out of this restaurant! I am very excited about my PPO BOG on our first park day. I was so excited when I found it!! We will also be going to Akershus per my 11 yo DDs request to take pictures with princesses. We have a Hollywood and Vine holiday dinner that should be a hit, we all love buffets. I am still trying to decide if I'm goign to keep the Chef Mickey dinner I have or a Biergarten dinner. Biergarten just looks so unique. Any and all opinions welcome!!

Oh and also deciding between Ohana breakfast the day we check out or dinner the day we come. I have both, in addition to daughters 11 and 14, I will have 8 yo son with me. Hubby is staying home with my oldest in college. So it's me and my 3 younger ones. Their first time and I am so excited for them to experience everything

I love the theming and atmosphere of biergarten, but the food wasnt for us. My kids literally only ate pretzel bread. And I think I ate bread and potato salad.

23 days! Our goal for this trip was to try as many new restaurants as possible. We have Skipper Canteen, Sci-Fi, Yak & Yeti, Garden Grill, Biergarten, H&V (F!), Ohana, and San Angel Inn. Also our first time at F&W festival. Can't wait!

25 days here too!

I have too many ADRS too, and I will likely drop 2-3 of them. I have a San Angel Inn, an Olivia's, and a Homecoming ADR that will most likely be cancelled. I think that I will end up at Olivia's for lunch or dinner one night since I am staying at OKW, but I don't want to be committed to it on a particular night. Homecoming is the same deal - I am planning on going to Disney springs, and I love the menu, but not sure I want to miss out on some of the other QS places there. San Angel inn is another one that might go. I always wanted to eat there for the atmosphere, and the menu looks fun, but I am not sure it's worth the $$$ for what we will get out of it.

I am still trying to decide if I'm goign to keep the Chef Mickey dinner I have or a Biergarten dinner. Biergarten just looks so unique. Any and all opinions welcome!!

Biergarten is more unique, but as such the menu is very different and everyone may not be accustomed to the food. However the oompah band and the atmosphere are so much fun! I think it depends on how adventurous of eaters you are and whether the atmosphere may outweigh the food. That being said my husband and I, and our oldest, loved the food!

I love the theming and atmosphere of biergarten, but the food wasnt for us. My kids literally only ate pretzel bread. And I think I ate bread and potato salad.

This is so my younger kids! I think they ate pretzel rolls and cookies for dinner that night. And there may have been some fruit on the buffet they ate. I wish they'd throw some chicken nuggets out there for picky kids because it is really a fun restaurant!

Agreed! For a group so close to our trips we ARE quiet! LOL!!
We are heading to Biergarten this time. We haven't been since late 90s. We like San Angel so this is a departure. ;)
Also giving Morimoto a whirl in DS. We love sushi and Asian fare in general so that should be fun!
We also have a Skipper Canteen reservation for our first day in MK but I was thinking of canceling. Not sure...
Beaches and Cream for lunch. We've never been but again based on our day at Epcot, I *may* end up canceling for timing.

Everything else is a repeat of faves! 'Ohana, HDDR, BOG, Prime Time 50s, Tusker House!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter