• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official November 2016 Thread***

Thanks! We'll plan on 7:30 then for MK, I was worried MK would take longer because of the TTC but wasn't sure how much longer.

I agree with previous poster - 7:30am for a 9am rope drop at MK when driving! We were onsite last year, but chose to drive instead of using the busses - the TTC just makes the travel time more unpredictable, since you're having to switch transportation.

We leave our house after work on Nov 18th and plan to be there for before lunch on the 20th.
We've never driven down before but are looking forward to the drive. Our kids are 5 & 7 and only used to 3.5 hour road trips down to Windsor. Hopefully we can keep them entertained easily
Our road trip strategies include movies on iPads, lego boxes, magnetic/chalkboards to use chalk and puzzles (with magnets on the back), word searches, surprise favourite snacks and hopefully they will be tired from all the Disney fun and have some naps :rolleyes1
Our kids are 9, 6 and 3. Disney movies on the way down really seem to help keep our kids busy! We also get a TripTik from CAA with our route and then photocopy it for each of the kids so they can follow along on the map. I go to the Dollar store and get a bag full of small toys, book, games etc. and every couple of hours give them something from the bag. We have also found that we buy a bunch of different glow things and if we are still driving when it is night they love to use these!

How long does it take to get from CR to HS? if we have 8:30 ADR, what time do we leave CR?
What about travel time from CR to AK? TIA

How long does it take to get from CR to HS? if we have 8:30 ADR, what time do we leave CR?
What about travel time from CR to AK? TIA
Hi there! Are you going to WDW next month with the rest of us?
To get from the Contemporary to HS for an 8:30 ADR - are you driving or using Disney transporation? I really don't know driving times so my best answer there is, it's not that far lol. And if HS only opens at 9 that day than you should be able to park close to the entrance, and I would suggest getting to the entrance gates no later than 8-8:10. If you're taking the Disney bus I would be to the bus stop by 7:15 the latest.

Same basically for AK-if you're driving I can't really tell you but it'll be a tad farther than HS. You may get better info. as far as drive times by asking on the Contemporary thread over on the Resorts Forum :)

One month for me!!! :banana: I can't believe it! My husband is off this week because his busy season is coming up at work (six 12 hour days a week, ugh - it's one of the reasons I escape to Disney in November!). So, I'm pretty busy getting a lot of things done. I'm photographing a wedding for friends on the 22nd, Halloween for my 2 year old, then her birthday party on Nov 6th (she turns 3 on our trip). Then - Disney!! :jumping1:

Hi there! Are you going to WDW next month with the rest of us?
To get from the Contemporary to HS for an 8:30 ADR - are you driving or using Disney transporation? I really don't know driving times so my best answer there is, it's not that far lol. And if HS only opens at 9 that day than you should be able to park close to the entrance, and I would suggest getting to the entrance gates no later than 8-8:10. If you're taking the Disney bus I would be to the bus stop by 7:15 the latest.

Same basically for AK-if you're driving I can't really tell you but it'll be a tad farther than HS. You may get better info. as far as drive times by asking on the Contemporary thread over on the Resorts Forum :)

Thanks for the info. Yep, we will be there mid Nov.
we will use Disney buses, so just want to be prepared and allow enough time for ADR.

I don't know if I count or not to be here as we don't have a Disney vacation planned. We are, however, going to Florida to visit family and are heading to Disney Springs for the day. We were originally planning on possibly doing Sea World, but I just couldn't imagine not getting my Disney fix. LOL Plus it saves us money! ;) My parents are AP holders, so we wil ride over with them, do the "monorail tour" of resorts and then head over to Disney Springs as well. We will eat a meal there, just not sure where yet. Either way, I'm technically going to Disney World right? :duck:

I don't know if I count or not to be here as we don't have a Disney vacation planned. We are, however, going to Florida to visit family and are heading to Disney Springs for the day. We were originally planning on possibly doing Sea World, but I just couldn't imagine not getting my Disney fix. LOL Plus it saves us money! ;) My parents are AP holders, so we wil ride over with them, do the "monorail tour" of resorts and then head over to Disney Springs as well. We will eat a meal there, just not sure where yet. Either way, I'm technically going to Disney World right? :duck:

Absolutely it still counts!! I have family in Florida too. We don't always make it to Disney every time. Once we were only able to just have lunch at Chef Mickey's and enjoy the monorail resort tour. It was a nice Disney fix though! ::yes::

We just added one more night at ASMu for our trip. My SIL now has to work on Monday and Tuesday of Thanksgiving week since they are the designated storm make up days at the school where she teaches. So we are going to adjust our trip a little and go Wednesday to the parks instead of commuting over on Tuesday and start our long weekend stay a little earlier. What was going to be just a two night stay onsite has become four nights on property. I'm pretty excited!!!:thumbsup2

Hey all!

Anyone around on Turkey Day, what are your plans?

We arrive Early evening and have a ADR at Raglan Rd, hope they still have some Turkey Left!!

So quiet here! At 29 days, I am in 24/7 Disney mode, and the kids dont know yet so I cant talk about it with them! We need some QOTDs to liven things up..... todays question:

Any new ADRs on this trip that you are excited to try?

So quiet here! At 29 days, I am in 24/7 Disney mode, and the kids dont know yet so I cant talk about it with them! We need some QOTDs to liven things up..... todays question:

27 more days here! We haven't been since 2013 and only did 2 park days (EP&MK) and only ate QS. This time we have 7 day park hoppers and I seriously need to narrow down my ADRs. I keep seeing ones pop up that I think would be nice and grab them though. It's becoming a compulsion.

I now have:
Crystal Palace PPO
BOG lunch
LTT lunch
Garden Grill dinner
Akershus breakfast (@10:45- would we enjoy breakfast &lunch?)
Via Napoli dinner
Tusker House dinner
Sci-Fi dinner
Cape May breakfast
1900 PF breakfast

I have a serious problem!! Especially since I want to do a max of 3 character meals.

So quiet here! At 29 days, I am in 24/7 Disney mode, and the kids dont question:

27 more days here! We haven't been since 2013 and only did 2 park days (EP&MK) and only ate QS. This time we have 7 day park hoppers and I seriously need to narrow down my ADRs. I keep seeing ones pop up that I think would be nice and grab them though. It's becoming a compulsion.

I now have:
Crystal Palace PPO
BOG lunch
LTT lunch
Garden Grill dinner
Akershus breakfast (@10:45- would we enjoy breakfast &lunch?)
Via Napoli dinner
Tusker House dinner
Sci-Fi dinner
Cape May breakfast
1900 PF breakfast

I have a serious problem!! Especially since I want to do a max of 3 character meals.

Lol, im the same way, I swear making ADRs is the most exciting part of my trip.
Ive eaten at all those restaurants........how many do you want to go down to - 7? I PERSONALLY am not big on breakfast ADRs, only because that is the best time in the parks, and I dont want to miss out on the shortest lines of the day b/c im eating breakfast. Plus, we just slept for 8+ hours, I want to get up and get going, not sit in a restaurant. So, i'd lose a breakfast or two.

30 days for me!

We're trying a couple new restaurants this year: Cape May dinner, Plaza lunch, Chef Art's Homecoming in DS. We're going to LTT lunch which I haven't been to in years, and we have to hit 50's PT again - it was my Mom's favorite from last year!

So qui question:

So, new this trip will be:

Dinner at Jungle Navigation Skipper Canteen

Dinner @ Minnies Holiday dine @ H+V -- never had dinner at H&V, only B or L

Dinner @ Tutto Italia

Also have dinner at LTT which Ive done before but my father & kids havent.

Lol, im the same way, I swear making ADRs is the most exciting part of my trip.
Ive eaten at all those restaurants........how many do you want to go down to - 7? I PERSONALLY am not big on breakfast ADRs, only because that is the best time in the parks, and I dont want to miss out on the shortest lines of the day b/c im eating breakfast. Plus, we just slept for 8+ hours, I want to get up and get going, not sit in a restaurant. So, i'd lose a breakfast or two.

Yeah, I probably want to get down to 7 or less. I don't want to fill our day with TS.
I'm fairly certain I want to keep the PPO Crystal Palace. I have 2 full days at MK plus 2 1/2 days. CP is at 8:20 on our last day, I think it will be a great end to the trip.

Definitely want to keep BOG even if we just end up with desserts. But it's a perfect time for my kids as they normally eat lunch at 11 and it is for 11:15.

I think Sci-Fi will be fun for them, so I'm leaning towards keeping that. My husband would love the food at LTT so I want to keep it for him (I think).

Everything else is up in the air.

25 days out until we head to Florida! We're trying to figure out where we want to catch a bite to eat at. We're doing Disney Springs & Monorail resort tour for the day. We're on a tight budget this year as we're going for a week next year and saving for that. Any suggestions for a Quick Service meal or an inexpensive table service??? Any easy to get to resorts or Disney Springs. TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter