• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official November 2016 Thread***

I totally understand this feeling! I'm a huge planner and I tried to plan out everything last time, and it definitely back-fired on me. Honestly, we just tried to do too much. I planned all of our days so much that we didn't have enough down time for shopping, snacks, letting my daughter run around somewhere. Not enough "mosey" time, as my mom would say ;) This time, I'm planning our days until lunch and then each day is pretty open for whatever is striking our fancy (4th fastpasses, shopping, relaxing somewhere, anytime attractions, etc.). The plan is to say as long as we want, or until one of us gets tired or if my daughter starts getting overstimulated.

If you want something in-between having concrete plans or winging it, have you seen Josh's touring guides? (MK guide as example: http://www.easywdw.com/easy/magic-k...s-rope-drop-wait-times-and-fastpass-priority/). His maps and plans are really excellent!

FYI - we're staying at Windsor Hills too! It's our first time there and we're excited for the playground and pool! (hopefully it'll be warm enough - it definitely was last year!).
I'll have to check out his plans. I just know and realized when my husband and I got snippy with each other at my kids' fall festival last week that we need some sort of plan. Here I am pushing the stroller and trying to ask the kids what game they want to do next and he's just standing there giving no input and neither were they. It worked better when I said we're doing this and then we'll do that next. Or at least I didn't get as irritated!

I'm hoping it'll be warm enough for the pool too! We're doing a townhouse that has a splash pool, but we didn't add on heat(can later). The playground looks like fun though. I'm sure on the 12th while my husband is sleeping I'll have the kids at wither the pool or playground. As long as the weather is nice anyway.

PP, whwt about doing cape may on an EP day so u can walk right over to EP when done?

I just today got that ADR, I want to skip EP that day as they have am EMH. Would it work better to do HS that day? And where would I park? I'm off-site so we can't leave our car at the resort all day, right?

I just today got that ADR, I want to skip EP that day as they have am EMH. Would it work better to do HS that day? And where would I park? I'm off-site so we can't leave our car at the resort all day, right?

If you choose to valet, you can leave your car there all day (at least, that's what I've heard!). Last year, I valeted at the Contemporary for the Christmas party - so much easier than dealing with the TTC!

If you choose to valet, you can leave your car there all day (at least, that's what I've heard!). Last year, I valeted at the Contemporary for the Christmas party - so much easier than dealing with the TTC!

How much is valet parking at the Contemporary?

How much is valet parking at the Contemporary?

$25, plus tip. If you're staying off-site, it's only $5 more than the theme park parking and way more convenient than the TTC for MK :) I have heard that if you don't have a specific reason to be at the resort, they may not let you valet. But we went to the Contemporary twice last year without dining reservations - one time we asked to valet and they waved us through, and one time we just wanted to see the Christmas decorations and they let us park in the regular lot (we didn't valet since we were only there for about an hour or so). But, your mileage may vary ;)

Last edited:

PP, whwt about doing cape may on an EP day so u can walk right over to EP when done?

Epcot would be easiest, but you could also take the boat over to DHS from Beach Club, or walk if you like, but it's a longer walk than to Epcot. I would definitely do one of those two since they are easier to get to from BC.

One Month today..

Happy dancing to the maximum :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Yay can start being annoying (well more annoying) by saying this time next month I'm doing this and this time next month I'm doing that, to any poor person in earshot lol

Last night I told my BFF, one month from now we'll be at MK, getting ready to watch Wishes! So darn excited!!!!!! :tigger:

I'll have to check out his plans. I just know and realized when my husband and I got snippy with each other at my kids' fall festival last week that we need some sort of plan. Here I am pushing the stroller and trying to ask the kids what game they want to do next and he's just standing there giving no input and neither were they. It worked better when I said we're doing this and then we'll do that next. Or at least I didn't get as irritated!

I'm hoping it'll be warm enough for the pool too! We're doing a townhouse that has a splash pool, but we didn't add on heat(can later). The playground looks like fun though. I'm sure on the 12th while my husband is sleeping I'll have the kids at wither the pool or playground. As long as the weather is nice anyway.

DH and I were just talking about this! He said that he knows how hard I've worked on the planning and he is fine with me saying "ok, we're headed to Peter pan next" or whatever. Instead of "where do you want to go?" "I don't know, where do you want to go?" I'm sure there will be some days where things don't go smoothly, but we will each be pushing a stroller and I will just lead us to where we need to go!

edit... I just noticed when I posted this that my ticker says 1 month! whee!!!!

DH and I were just talking about this! He said that he knows how hard I've worked on the planning and he is fine with me saying "ok, we're headed to Peter pan next" or whatever. Instead of "where do you want to go?" "I don't know, where do you want to go?" I'm sure there will be some days where things don't go smoothly, but we will each be pushing a stroller and I will just lead us to where we need to go!

edit... I just noticed when I posted this that my ticker says 1 month! whee!!!!

Yay for only being a month away! Yeah, I'm sure there are going to be days at e plans don't go as planned, but I hate the where are we going questions. Hopefully having a plan we can follow will alleviate that.

I'm hoping if they extend HS hours they may open up more dining availability at Hollywood and Vine for later dinners. Anybody have any past experience to think that may be the case? Thanks :)

I'm hoping if they extend HS hours they may open up more dining availability at Hollywood and Vine for later dinners. Anybody have any past experience to think that may be the case? Thanks :)
Which week are you going? In the past, hours have been extended for Thanksgiving week (until 8:30, I believe) but it's doubtful for any other week.

Which week are you going? In the past, hours have been extended for Thanksgiving week (until 8:30, I believe) but it's doubtful for any other week.
Last year during Thanksgiving week, HS had a couple 9pm closings and was open until 11 on Black Friday. However, it was the last year of Osborne Lights so.....don't know that we'll get anything later than 8:30-9. But the hours can be extended even a couple weeks prior, so anything can happen :)

It seems my list of things to check off is down to one...just need to purchase our DDPs for everyone, but that we can wait on a few more weeks. What I do wonder, is when we booked, the CM I talked to said he had requested us to be on ground floor, and then had put in the building numbers we wanted...however, when I did online check in, it only showed ground floor as a request. Should I call and verify that the building numbers are on there?

I am pretty sad that we won't get to see Osborne Lights again, my brother and his GF would have loved it I believe. Here's to hoping Disney Springs has a whole lot more twinkling lights or something fancy.

It seems my list of things to check off is down to one...just need to purchase our DDPs for everyone, but that we can wait on a few more weeks. What I do wonder, is when we booked, the CM I talked to said he had requested us to be on ground floor, and then had put in the building numbers we wanted...however, when I did online check in, it only showed ground floor as a request. Should I call and verify that the building numbers are on there?

I am pretty sad that we won't get to see Osborne Lights again, my brother and his GF would have loved it I believe. Here's to hoping Disney Springs has a whole lot more twinkling lights or something fancy.

Ohhh - does Disney Springs usually have Christmas decorations? I didn't realize!

Ohhh - does Disney Springs usually have Christmas decorations? I didn't realize!

Well I know they have Santa there for visiting with...and from what I remember last year, it was decorated with seasonal stuff, and a lot of the trees had these really cool lights that made it look like it was snowing. It's nothing like Osborne Lights though.

Well I know they have Santa there for visiting with...and from what I remember last year, it was decorated with seasonal stuff, and a lot of the trees had these really cool lights that made it look like it was snowing. It's nothing like Osborne Lights though.

Ah, ok. I'm glad we got to see the lights last year - they really were awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter