• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official November 2016 Thread***

4:20 isn't horrible for a dinner time. Have a big ish breakfast and then skip lunch and eat your early dinner. You'll be done and back at the rides while others stop to eat!

Well, we're going to be park hopping from Epcot, and I got Princess Storybook Dining reservations for lunch. I got the earliest time available for lunch, 11:55.

Do young kids like Fantasmic? I remember going years ago--maybe 2003--and I wasn't able to see well and was frustrated.

We're going to be seeing a lot of shows at the Christmas party the night before, so maybe we should skip Fantasmic?

I only have 1 ADR to make. I don't know if that is a good thing or not. I'm not having to stress about multiple ones. However, I'm stressing hard on this one. Haha!

This will be our first family trip to DW. Since Thanksgiving is our last night and we are staying at the Poly, I'm thinking of booking Spirit of Aloha and then hoping to watch Wishes at MK.

Has anybody gone to SoA during Thanksgiving?

We got our flights this morning too...seems Southwest was quite busy! We are leaving out of Milwaukee (way better airport than our Chicago options) at 540pm 11/22 getting in at 935pm...perfect for an evening in Disney Springs! We didn't book flights home, as they are uber expensive...so either going to play the waiting game, or might add a day to our reservation since flights home Monday are about half the price of Sunday.

Flights from Houston to Orlando Thanksgiving week. 2050? Good rate, or wait?

4 people

Last edited:

Well, we're going to be park hopping from Epcot, and I got Princess Storybook Dining reservations for lunch. I got the earliest time available for lunch, 11:55.

Do young kids like Fantasmic? I remember going years ago--maybe 2003--and I wasn't able to see well and was frustrated.

We're going to be seeing a lot of shows at the Christmas party the night before, so maybe we should skip Fantasmic?

I think F! is fun for all ages. The key is to get there to get a good seat. We saw it once and don't make it a super point to go every time. But, I know some people say it's the best show at WDW.

My boys loved Fantasmic. We got great seats with the dining package, so hoping to do that again.

Sanaa at AKL. This is our 2nd Thanksgiving at DW. Can't wait.

Crowds were better before the Thursday of Thanksgiving last year. We noticed the increase a little.

We are doing a resort day on the holiday this year. It will be the tail end of the trip, and I hope, like last time, those are the most crowded days. By then we will have ridden everything and begin winding down, which means the crowds are less impactful to us at that time.
Oh, we LOVE Sanaa! Enjoy! This will be our 2nd Thanksgiving there, also :)
Funny, we thought the crowds were a little heavier the 2 days before Thanksgiving last year. We really didn't feel it was overly crowded at all Black Friday but I think it all depends what you're used to and what parks you're at.

I think we're going to cut off our last day. We were supposed to come home the Tuesday before TG but we can get better flights for Monday. So now we're down to 6 days at WDW and 2 at USO. Part of me is okay with it because I know the crowds will start to arrive for TG that week, but part of me is still sad. I really don't want to drop to 1 US day and feel like we're rushing it.

First world problems, huh?

Sorry to jump in mid convo but when I called for BBB reservation the cm asked if we was celebrating anything whilst there, we are. Hubby's birthday and wedding anniversary. Would she of made a note on the system? Or is this standard? Any info appreciated :)

I didn't know where to post this question but figured my fellow Novemberlites would be able to help :thumbsup2

My kids were 2, 5 and 8 last time we went and they all liked it. It is dark but didn't seem to scary for the kids.:)

Last edited:
Sorry to jump in mid convo but when I called for BBB reservation the cm asked if we was celebrating anything whilst there, we are. Hubby's birthday and wedding anniversary. Would she of made a note on the system? Or is this standard? Any info appreciated :)

I didn't know where to post this question but figured my fellow Novemberlites would be able to help :thumbsup2

I was asked the same thing...I said we were not, however my brothers gf who is traveling with us, this is her first time to Disney...he told me he would make a note of that and to expect a bunch of Disney gifts to get her into the spirit. I'm not sure he was just telling me that, or if in fact there will be a bag of goodies for her. So I guess I'm in the same boat as you and really wondering if this is just a standard response??

My daughter wanted to do the mermaid package at Pirates league this time and they asked if she was celebrating anything special. I think they make a note of it but I don't know if they put it on all of your reservations. I would call and ask them to add it to all of your dining reservations just to be sure. We spent my DS3 first birthday at DW and I just called and asked them to add it to all of our ADR's.:)

I was asked the same thing...I said we were not, however my brothers gf who is traveling with us, this is her first time to Disney...he told me he would make a note of that and to expect a bunch of Disney gifts to get her into the spirit. I'm not sure he was just telling me that, or if in fact there will be a bag of goodies for her. So I guess I'm in the same boat as you and really wondering if this is just a standard response??
When my son turned 1 he got a cupcake at one restaurant and a card signed by some characters at another.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter