***Official November 2016 Thread***

Yay for Disney honeymoon! I never thought I would have a Disneymoon but it just seems to have worked out that way and I am so excited now!!!

I kick myself too as I could have seen the Osborne lights before and didn't. Arrrggh so mad, but can't change it now. One small thing though is if they are gone one less thing to have to worry about scheduling in right?.

Rivers of Light is the new night show going in at Animal Kingdom. It's the construction around the lake right now. Looks like it will be fantastic!!
Our fear has come true.....this will be the last year for the Osborne Lights :worried:.

Yeah, pretty disappointed about no Osborne Lights next year:guilty: on the positive side it means one less thing to have to fit in though right? Maybe catch the Holiday Wishes from the poly beach instead or an extra chill night at the resort?

I wonder how this will affect MVMCP, will more people go now since the the lights are gone so they want to get something Christmassy in?

I hope it doesn't affect MVMCP too. We did not go on our 2013 trip as the kids were so young, so I really want to be able to enjoy the Christmas Party.

We will be going 11/24 - 12/3 2016!!! So excited, we have not been since 2013 and can't wait to go back. Our DS will also be a Sr in high school. Our first trip was when he was in 1st grade in 2005. Wow time really has moved quickly.

I am actually excited to be on Property for Thanksgiving. We arrive on Thanksgiving evening, we'll be ready for some Turkey and soak up the atmosphere I think!

So excited! We'll leave on November 14 and stay until the 19th :) :)

Doing MVMCP on the 17th. So excited, cause I haven't been to a party in 3 years. Hubby has sales meeting, so we'll be staying in Hilton Bonnet Creek. Yay for Disney at Christmas!!! :woohoo:

Planning a 2016 Thanksgiving Trip! The last time we were at WDW was Thanksgiving 2013. It was pretty chilly so I am hoping it will be warmer this time!

we changed our dates! we're all in October now. :)

Last edited:
Planning a 2016 Thanksgiving Trip! The last time we were at WDW was Thanksgiving 2013. It was pretty chilly so I am hoping it will be warmer this time!

How were the crowds thanksgiving week? I am thinking we will go this same week 2016. Hoping to rent DVC points at the GF!

I was there at the same time and it was quite cold. I believe the warmest day was the day I arrived which was the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I will be returning Thanksgiving 2016 and hope the weather is warm too.

So excited, planning a WDW, Universal, Sea World Thanksgiving vacation next year! And I am even more excited to start planning using the DIS boards. Have not been here in a while. I look forward to planning for the trip with you all as you plan for yours. :) Our Official dates are November 18th to the 26th or 27th.

Last edited:
Not too bad. The day before and after Thanksgiving were the busiest.
What about the Thanksgiving Day? We have been twice to Orlando during that week for the Miss American Coed Pageant Nationals (daughter was a state queen) but the delegates only went to the parks on Tuesday before Thanksgiving. The rest of the week was competition so we did not go to the parks those days. This time is total family time, no pageants, no competition. Wanting to eat Thanksgiving meal at the Liberty Tree Tavern or Be Our Guest. Plus ds has autism and does not do well with a lot of people. He can handle some crowds but not a whole lot.

Just booked this weekend. We'll be celebrating DS 13th birthday 11/20-11/27. Going to the MVMCP for the first time. I'm so excited!

We wanted to do this too but I was looking at this year's calendar and they don't have the party at all thanksgiving week!

I've been going back and forth between November and December 2016 and I think I'm mostly sold on the week before Thanksgiving, 11/12-11/18. I've read that most of the Christmas decorations are up by that time. So looking forward to seeing them all for the first time!

I wouldn't mind cooler weather (especially in the evenings), but a few days warm enough for the pool would be nice. I won't miss the summer humidity at all, though.

The Christmas decorations are stunning! We went last time the 10-17th and they were going up when we got there so you should see a good amount. This time we have officially decided the 10-19th I booked last night it's real now!!!

I've been going back and forth between November and December 2016 and I think I'm mostly sold on the week before Thanksgiving, 11/12-11/18. I've read that most of the Christmas decorations are up by that time. So looking forward to seeing them all for the first time!

I wouldn't mind cooler weather (especially in the evenings), but a few days warm enough for the pool would be nice. I won't miss the summer humidity at all, though.
Ditto...I'm going on the 12/11 but for 10 nights. I can't wait to see the decs at the GF.

The last time I went was 11/26/12 until 12/5/12 The weather was perfect, we was sat by the pool, in shorts with a cocktail on 12/1 ! It was amazing, we are from the UK so that was bizarre to say the least :scared:

All of the decorations were up. We didn't visit any resorts but this time we are staying on site so cannot wait to see their decs ( fingers crossed they will be up )

Love going this time of year!

400 days....I'm not counting ! :rolleyes1 Honest

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter