• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official November 2013***

OK....so you sooooo don't wanna fly out of Trenton. :scared1: One ticket would have been $477!!! I about had a heart attack. I did check Wilmington....there are no flights on the 15th, but it's still kind of expensive anyhow. I'm sorry....

(BTW - can you tell I soooo don't want to focus on work today that I'm looking up airfare that's not for me? lol)[/QUOTE

Thanks! Just you checking it cheered me up! :goodvibes

Hi! I don't know exactly where you are in PA- we're in Scranton (about 40 mins from the Poconos or 45 mins Binghamton,NY border).
We don't have our air booked yet either because there's a few things we need to take care of first but should have it booked by the beginning of next month. Anyways...
I don't know how far you are from us, but we plan on flying out of the wilkes-barre /scranton/ avoca airport. Air has come down alot there- last time i checked it was about $265-$285 per person roundtrip. Also, I found by stalking orbitz & expedia that the airfare rates are much,much lower on Tuesdays/Wednesdays. I don't know why- but I read about the cheapest days to book airfare in a woman's world magazine awhile ago- being tues/wed and when I started checking, there was almost a $200 difference between what I saw checking on the weekend vs tues/wed. Just a thought :)

Hi! I don't know exactly where you are in PA- we're in Scranton (about 40 mins from the Poconos or 45 mins Binghamton,NY border).
We don't have our air booked yet either because there's a few things we need to take care of first but should have it booked by the beginning of next month. Anyways...
I don't know how far you are from us, but we plan on flying out of the wilkes-barre /scranton/ avoca airport. Air has come down alot there- last time i checked it was about $265-$285 per person roundtrip. Also, I found by stalking orbitz & expedia that the airfare rates are much,much lower on Tuesdays/Wednesdays. I don't know why- but I read about the cheapest days to book airfare in a woman's world magazine awhile ago- being tues/wed and when I started checking, there was almost a $200 difference between what I saw checking on the weekend vs tues/wed. Just a thought :)
Actually, the airfare was for Cara (I was just bored. lol). But, hopefully, she'll see this.

I've had great experience with Photopass! We didn't get it for our first trip in 2006 and a regret it all the time. This trip, I "upgraded" to Photopass+. Yes, you only get one card. However, I have heard that (sometimes) the CMs at the rides can add the pics to your card if you have a good picture of it on your smartphone. Also, although you only get one Photopass+ card, you can add as many regular Photopass cards as you'd like (we tend to "collect" a lot during our vacation :rotfl:).
And just to mention, sometimes DISers will go in on a Photopass together to keep the cost down per family....it's called a Photopass Share.
Hope this helps!!!

Thanks FC. My friend and I talked about sharing Photopass CD since she loves to scrapbook and I just want some nice pictures of us as a couple and us with our friends. I looked for some links on photopass share and am grateful that this doesn't seem to be an issue since others also are doing this with strangers. LOL
As far as the plus option, even if she opted to do that, I'm so not worried about getting a picture of me on a ride. I probably don't even go on the rides that take the pictures. And would have just as much enjoyment if the picture was of the other couple. :goodvibes

When we went on vacation back in 2000 or 2002 as part of a AAA package we got a Disney Photo frame album. It's silver. Um I forgot we had it and found it the other day. It's empty. :(
Guess I'll have to work on that.

Honestly one of my favorite things about Disney is the atmosphere. I love the twinkling lights in the trees at night, all the special details that are easy to overlook if you are just focused on the big rides. NO matter what the weather or time of day it is it seems like my family is happier and peaceful when we are there.

Honestly one of my favorite things about Disney is the atmosphere. I love the twinkling lights in the trees at night, all the special details that are easy to overlook if you are just focused on the big rides. NO matter what the weather or time of day it is it seems like my family is happier and peaceful when we are there.

I second that. I love the rides but I love the atmosphere that Disney brings... Where else can you find themed queue lines that keep you immersed in the atmosphere...

We are west coasters and go to Disneyland on average twice a year and we always stay at a Disney resort. We drive there and park my car and do not see it again til we leave, usually 4 or 5 days later...

This will be my third trip back to WDW and I can't wait to be immersed again. :goodvibes

Hey November Disers,
We are counting down the days until our Nov 11th-18th trip. :banana:
I am just wondering how everyone here is handling their touring plans in light of Magic Bands and Fast Pass+. Are you waiting to plan, planning with traditional fast pass in mind, or forming a plan incorporating FP+? The whole thing is just a bit confusing to me.

hello
we are going the same dates that you are
we are staying at csr
i am using tour guide mike and touring plans for my touring plans
i was not planning to have fastpass plus
i picked the least crowded parks each day and made a some dinner ressies for that park
so you think we will have fastpass plus by then

hello
we are going the same dates that you are
we are staying at csr
i am using tour guide mike and touring plans for my touring plans
i was not planning to have fastpass plus
i picked the least crowded parks each day and made a some dinner ressies for that park
so you think we will have fastpass plus by then

We are going to be at CBR Nov 11-17. I'm still trying to get BOG for 12. I'm much more excited than my girls or husband! I look at resort pictures all the time b/c it will be the first time. My touring plans haven't changed for several months, I hope they are accurate. Dont they send email updates? Park levels are low and it seems, at least on here, there are lots of people going same time.

I totally agree!!! :thumbsup2 I love the music throughout Disney World: from the music on Main Street to Future World in Epcot to the music you hear outside of Tower of Terror. I love all the magic that surrounds you throughout the parks.

I just looked it up on MapQuest, 1hr 37 mins via 476! I did not realize Scranton was so close! Unfortunately, there are no non-stop flights, (none from Allentown anymore either) so I don't think that would work for our family.
I could leave out of Wilmington, DE but we'd either have to add or subtract a day from our trip. This would have to be a last resort though, as I'd be afraid I'd lose to DH on that one! Clearly, I'm the one that would want to add a day. ::yes::
I'm not giving up yet though, still hoping the 49 days theory is correct for the best time to buy....

We're from outside Scranton as well. Booked out of Newark. $198 per person round trip on Jetblue. Avoca is nice but always pricey and only direct is Allegiant to Sanford. Have flown out of Newburgh before but too pricey this year as well.

We're from outside Scranton as well. Booked out of Newark. $198 per person round trip on Jetblue. Avoca is nice but always pricey and only direct is Allegiant to Sanford. Have flown out of Newburgh before but too pricey this year as well.

Yeah, it s a 2 hour drive from us to Newark, but we may have to do it unless the Trenton airport drops fares. Just dropped down to $242 on United, Jet Blue's cheapest is $302 now.

Just booked a hotel for the ride down! Moving right along!! 97 Days!!

Anyone else drive? If so, might you have any board game ideas for little ones? Last year we got DD "Guess Who" and it kept us busy for awhile! Would love something similar (not a lot of pieces to lose) but fun! Also going to make kids a CD with their favorite Disney songs! They get so excited when certain songs come on ....thought they might come in handy if they start getting cranky! lol

Come on November!

Anyone else drive? If so, might you have any board game ideas for little ones? Last year we got DD "Guess Who" and it kept us busy for awhile! Would love something similar (not a lot of pieces to lose) but fun! Also going to make kids a CD with their favorite Disney songs! They get so excited when certain songs come on ....thought they might come in handy if they start getting cranky! lol

Come on November!

We're driving from NJ. My kids are older so I think they will be fine with their phones and some movies and books. Of course they will also be doing they're homework.

I'm from Australia, so nope! Not driving! :)

So excited for our big adventure, but starting to get slightly worried about our 20 hour flight with a 7 month old baby... Ahh, the things you do for Disney! ;)

I'm from Australia, so nope! Not driving! :)

So excited for our big adventure, but starting to get slightly worried about our 20 hour flight with a 7 month old baby... Ahh, the things you do for Disney! ;)
Lol, I lived in Hawaii til a few months ago, so I sympathize. Now I live in California so driving is out of the question if heading to Florida ...

Spent a few hours on the phone with my airline today though. I found out from attempting to make my Magic Express reservation that the flight I was connecting to had moved up a few hours, so my departure flight was no longer going to connect. :headache: Even though I love flying, and we sometimes even fly to DisneyLand rather than take the 6 hour drive, this is the sort of thing that makes me think driving would be easier in some ways .... :scratchin

Hopefully I'll have a new flight departure tomorrow that connects. They offered to moved me to a day time flight instead of the red-eye that would get me in the previous evening, but it had two layovers, to which DH said no way. Oh well, stick with the red-eye and save an extra night's hotel.

Anybody know of any Epcot area restaurants open at 6 in the morning? My flight lands at 5 now ...

Lol, I lived in Hawaii til a few months ago, so I sympathize. Now I live in California so driving is out of the question if heading to Florida ...

Spent a few hours on the phone with my airline today though. I found out from attempting to make my Magic Express reservation that the flight I was connecting to had moved up a few hours, so my departure flight was no longer going to connect. :headache: Even though I love flying, and we sometimes even fly to DisneyLand rather than take the 6 hour drive, this is the sort of thing that makes me think driving would be easier in some ways .... :scratchin

Hopefully I'll have a new flight departure tomorrow that connects. They offered to moved me to a day time flight instead of the red-eye that would get me in the previous evening, but it had two layovers, to which DH said no way. Oh well, stick with the red-eye and save an extra night's hotel.

Anybody know of any Epcot area restaurants open at 6 in the morning? My flight lands at 5 now ...

I'm sure there are places open by 6am. Where are you checking into? Their foodcourt would be open I would expect.

Thanks for helping me appreciate my flight being nonstop.

Come on November!
We drive, I have been pinning ideas for car snacks and games http://pinterest.com/mamajessie/road-trip/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter