• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official November 2013***

11/14-11/19
cbr

gotcha!!!

Cara - you are so welcome! We Philly-area peeps have to stick together!!!

As for a lasting memory - it has to be my first ride through the original Journey Into the Imagination. I am a Mensa-level overachiever and yet the second I saw that purple dragon, I fell in love. I have Figment shirts, towels, stuffed animals, keychains and the like....I just love him and his different approach to thinking!

Also, two more: that magical moment where I duck under the train station and out on to Main Street. Even the thought gets me all misty-eyed. And, lastly, Soarin'. The music is wonderful, the views are fantastic, and I think it's such a wonderful concept for a ride.

OK....now I actually have to go and work on the 2014 budget.......:rolleyes1

gotcha!!!

Cara - you are so welcome! We Philly-area peeps have to stick together!!!

As for a lasting memory - it has to be my first ride through the original Journey Into the Imagination. I am a Mensa-level overachiever and yet the second I saw that purple dragon, I fell in love. I have Figment shirts, towels, stuffed animals, keychains and the like....I just love him and his different approach to thinking!

Also, two more: that magical moment where I duck under the train station and out on to Main Street. Even the thought gets me all misty-eyed. And, lastly, Soarin'. The music is wonderful, the views are fantastic, and I think it's such a wonderful concept for a ride.

OK....now I actually have to go and work on the 2014 budget.......:rolleyes1

Thanks FC. Actually the strange thing is the only memory I have is how much I loved Figment my very first vacation. And Now I don't know I've ever been in there since. Sadness hovers over me. Seems like each time I tried to go it was for some reason too late and closed. It's my priority for this vacation. Now please don't crush me and tell me it's no more. For some reason I thought I read that. I have a figment mug from my trip in the early 1980s.

Soarin is definitely a magical moment for me too. But I still hold to the Night time lights parades as my favorite.

This time I'm planning to check out the water pageant and fire works from the Polynesian beach. And if I'm lucky enough will have a veiw one night from my room of the fire works. (I heard some rooms in CSR have them. But I honestly don't think I will be in my room at that time of night.)

grumble...yay back to the housework. :laundy:

Ok. So the countdown ticker was bugging me being stuck on 90 Days... I went ahead and created a new one. Hope this one works...

79 days and counting...

Ok. So the countdown ticker was bugging me being stuck on 90 Days... I went ahead and created a new one. Hope this one works...

79 days and counting...

Awesome!! So close!!! I felt like mine wasn't moving at all!! Finally hit double digits today!

79 days and counting...

Mine was stuck the last couple of weeks, too. I did the same thing - created a new one! :)

Hey November Disers,
We are counting down the days until our Nov 11th-18th trip. :banana:
I am just wondering how everyone here is handling their touring plans in light of Magic Bands and Fast Pass+. Are you waiting to plan, planning with traditional fast pass in mind, or forming a plan incorporating FP+? The whole thing is just a bit confusing to me.

Hey November Disers,
I am just wondering how everyone here is handling their touring plans in light of Magic Bands and Fast Pass+. Are you waiting to plan, planning with traditional fast pass in mind, or forming a plan incorporating FP+? The whole thing is just a bit confusing to me.

Hi,
Well, I have never been to WDW, but am a planner as I am a DL vet. My plan is to plan like we are getting traditional fast passes at this point. So far CSR has not been part of the testing at all, so I'm not going to worry about it until the full rollout is announced or CSR becomes part f the test.

Hey November Disers,

I am planning on traditional FPs. Hubby & I have tossed around the idea of participating in the FP+, but there's a couple of things that are holding us back. First, I have my tickets through Undercover Tourist and don't want them accidentally "voided" by Disney (which has happened to a couple of people). Second, for the first part of our trip, we know which parks we will be in each day; however, for our last four days, we have no clue where we will start out. Adding the FP+ means we'll have to plan, plan, plan rather than flying by the seat of our pants and relaxing on our vacation. Third, OKW hasn't been in the testing, so I don't think we'd be considered anyway.

I really would have to think about it when it comes down to it.

Awesome!! So close!!! I felt like mine wasn't moving at all!! Finally hit double digits today!

Congrats on the double digits... that was the longest wait for me as well...

Next milestone is the 60 day online check-in. I'm hoping I can order the magic bands and FP+ then... 19 days and counting for that!

Hey November Disers,

Going with what I know and not stressing over something that might never happen. If they come up, I'll look at it but then probably still fly by the seat of my pants anyway. Just scheduling an ADR every day was bad enough and I think that is why I'm struggling with dreams at night. I really want to relax and just tell myself if I don't get to do it this time, it wasn't meant to be and maybe next time. So not like me but life is stressful enough so since I'm getting away from the stress of life........not creating more. ;)

:goodvibes It's going to be a great vacation. :banana:

Hey November Disers,

This is the one thing holding planning back a little, I wish we knew for sure if we would be on FP+ or not....I am making a plan as if we don't have it, but making note of what attractions I would use it for if we so get it...

Wondering what you all have had for experience with Photopass.
Are you allowed to split into two groups and then combine the cards to one CD? It reads like you can.
Also I saw this deal and thought I would share it for anyone considering a pass.
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/specialoffers.aspx

I'm in my own world when walking around and I am concerned that finding a photographer will be harder than taking my own pictures but honestly I'm hardly in family photos (mostly ok with that ;)) so it would be great if I can get some with hubby and even greater to have some with our friends. That was why I was wondering if it's ok if we split up at any time to be able to combine photos. I know the last time I was there I only had about 10 pictures so it wasn't worth the CD and I was glad I didn't pre-purchase.

just thought I would ask.

We have a linked reservation at CBR for 1 night no FD and 7 with, what's your thoughts about online check in. Anyone with passed experience?

Hey, there!!! :wave2: OK...I really can't help with the ADR thing since we're not doing dining this time (I am paying OOP for three meals, and I was on the computer at 5:45 at my 180 day mark). All I can say, is just keep trying. You'd be surprised at the people that cancel even the day before. I know it might screw up your plans, but just keep an eye out.

As for hubby....I've got one, too. :rolleyes: He doesn't get excited until just before the trip. Actually, I'm kinda surprised because my hubby has been talking about our trip here and there and says things like "I can't wait to see Quinn with Mickey". I say give him his space. He'll be excited once he's on the plane and can relax from work and real-world stress.

As for airfare...... I see you are on Montgomery County. Where exactly? How would you feel about a 40 minute drive South on 95 rather than flying out of Philly? The New Castle County Airport (now renamed the "Wilmington" Airport) has Frontier flying out....for really decent rates. It doesn't work for us because of the days we are travelling, but it might work for you. You might also want to consider the Trenton Airport (it might be the Mercer County Airport), because I believe Frontier flies out of there as well. Just options so you don't have to pay the huge airfares for Philly (even Southwest is a bit ridiculous in my opinion).

Hope this brings some pixie dust to your day. pixiedust:

My DH as well is not the least bit excited about the trip! :guilty: I realize however, its not Disney, its the flight! He hates to fly...I love it!!!:goodvibes and I love Disney so its a win win for me...I am sure he will be fine even if its only after we get there...either that or he can stay home and I am going solo:cheer2:

My DH as well is not the least bit excited about the trip! :guilty: I realize however, its not Disney, its the flight! He hates to fly...I love it!!!:goodvibes and I love Disney so its a win win for me...I am sure he will be fine even if its only after we get there...either that or he can stay home and I am going solo:cheer2:

I can relate to the solo thing. Hoping mine will be ok. I'm not thrilled about flying but it sure beats driving and wasting 2 days up and back.

Are you allowed to split into two groups and then combine the cards to one CD? It reads like you can.
Also I saw this deal and thought I would share it for anyone considering a pass.

I'm in my own world when walking around and I am concerned that finding a photographer will be harder than taking my own pictures but honestly I'm hardly in family photos (mostly ok with that ;)) so it would be great if I can get some with hubby and even greater to have some with our friends. That was why I was wondering if it's ok if we split up at any time to be able to combine photos. I know the last time I was there I only had about 10 pictures so it wasn't worth the CD and I was glad I didn't pre-purchase.

You can use the photopass cards that the photographers have and just add them into your photopass account and order them along with the other photos. We used photopass+ last year and loved it!!! It was nice not to lug my camera around everywhere and we got some great shots! I especially loved the ride photos & prints at character meals! Definitely worth the $ for us and we bought it again for our trip this year.

We got the + last year which is the one you can't share since there's only 1 plus card. Then you can put as many regular Photopass cards on as you like. We thought it was fantastic, since we would stop and take pictures everywhere. Its nice to be in pictures sometimes ... actually that was the one year that I probably had the least pictures of the two youngest, my DS6 and my friend's DS4 would always be tired at the end of the night when we took the Osborne lights and castle-type pictures so we got a lot of fabulous adult group shots with no kids sticking their tongues out, etc. ;)

I've had great experience with Photopass! We didn't get it for our first trip in 2006 and a regret it all the time. This trip, I "upgraded" to Photopass+. Yes, you only get one card. However, I have heard that (sometimes) the CMs at the rides can add the pics to your card if you have a good picture of it on your smartphone. Also, although you only get one Photopass+ card, you can add as many regular Photopass cards as you'd like (we tend to "collect" a lot during our vacation :rotfl:).
And just to mention, sometimes DISers will go in on a Photopass together to keep the cost down per family....it's called a Photopass Share.
Hope this helps!!!

We have a linked reservation at CBR for 1 night no FD and 7 with, what's your thoughts about online check in. Anyone with passed experience?
For our 2011 trip, I had two linked reservations because we arrived two days prior to free dining. Online check-in was not a problem for both reservations. However, I did wait until I could do both at the same time (in my addled mind, it was just better that way. lol)
I've done online check-in for both of our last trips on site. I've never had a problem. My room wasn't as close as I needed it to be in 2011, but when I (NICELY) explained to the CM that I have back issues and a long walk to the food court every morning/night would not be good for me, she was kind enough to move us closer. I didn't expect nor did I get a preferred room, but just being in a closer building was a big help.
Does that answer your question or did you need more info?

With the Poly construction, I changed my resort to GF (11/8--11/17).
I'll make the change! I didn't realize the Poly was under construction, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter