***Official November 2013 - Part II*** (that's right....we're that popular!)

7 more days here. And I'm actually really nervous about this whole new KTTW policy. I have to say, 3 FPs per day are just not gonna cut it for us. Never have, never will. And if I have to turn in our MBs in order to have access to paper FPs, I will. UGH....now I'm more stressed than I already was.......

Absolutely. So easy. We wish we'd joined in 1996. Kicking ourselves. Also wish we'd gotten more points. Lol. I'm using our points for this yr and next and we are taking us 4 and 6 more of my family at thanksgiving for a first time ever family trip in a grand villa. We could never pay for that out of pocket as that runs approx 1500-2500 per night. So that one trip as paid for our points.
We have friends who bought into another time share and its horrible the time they have trying to use it.

I wish we bought in the eighties we have on,so many vacatione at wdw and blew alot of money. We are 50 but still want to go yearly but it's so costly,so gonna get the DVC DVD and check it out. Just nice to get feedback from others using it .

Key to the World Cards to Officially Retire Soon
Tuesday, October 22, 2013 | Posted by OTPN Administrator |

As many of our Readers will know, the Walt Disney World Resort will soon completely get rid of the so-called "Key to the World" cards that have been given out to Guests staying at any of the Disney Resorts in the past (the new Magic Bands will be used in place of those cards). An upcoming test reveals that those will soon disappear:

"As part of the test-and-adjust process for MyMagic+, some testing related to the elimination of Key to the World cards is scheduled in the coming days. Beginning October 27, select Guests will use a MagicBand only for touch to enter room, touch to enter park, FastPass+ and touch-to-pay (Keys to the World will NOT be issued)."

Will you personally miss the "Keys to the World?" We are sure that many of you have been collecting them since your first stay at a Disney Resort. They were a great keepsake especially since the vacation dates were printed on it (that's something that will not be done on the Magic Bands, or at least not yet). Share your opinions!

From easywdw: As a follow-up to yesterdays comments in the Animal Kingdom post, Disney is set to begin phasing out Key to the World cards on October 27th. Details are thin on which resorts will continue issuing cards or how many guests will only be offered MagicBands at check-in. If youre having problems with your MagicBands or prefer not to use them, the front desk should be able to issue you Key to the World cards that will work as usual, with the exception that they wont work in the legacy FASTPASS machines to obtain paper FASTPASSes.

There has been anecdotal evidence that suggests cast members are stopping those with MagicBands from using the legacy FASTPASS machines using current or expired Key to the World cards. You may want to remove your MagicBands if you plan to collect paper FASTPASSes in conjunction with FASTPASS+.

When I checked in to Art of Animation for a night last month, I was not offered a Key to the World card. The cast member checking me in had them in an envelope in front of her, but I had to specifically ask for the card before it was handed over. Coincidentally, Ill be checking in to another Disney resort this Saturday and will report back on whats going on on that front.

From easywdw: As a follow-up to yesterdays comments in the Animal Kingdom post, Disney is set to begin phasing out Key to the World cards on October 27th. Details are thin on which resorts will continue issuing cards or how many guests will only be offered MagicBands at check-in. If youre having problems with your MagicBands or prefer not to use them, the front desk should be able to issue you Key to the World cards that will work as usual, with the exception that they wont work in the legacy FASTPASS machines to obtain paper FASTPASSes.

There has been anecdotal evidence that suggests cast members are stopping those with MagicBands from using the legacy FASTPASS machines using current or expired Key to the World cards. You may want to remove your MagicBands if you plan to collect paper FASTPASSes in conjunction with FASTPASS+.

When I checked in to Art of Animation for a night last month, I was not offered a Key to the World card. The cast member checking me in had them in an envelope in front of her, but I had to specifically ask for the card before it was handed over. Coincidentally, Ill be checking in to another Disney resort this Saturday and will report back on whats going on on that front.

As someone said I think this could end up encouraging people to stay off Disney property if they will have more access to more FPs. Personally I don't ride a lot of the more popular thrill rides so I'm not sure it will effect me too much, but it is disappointing to not be able park hop and get FPs in the second park. That was why I planned my FP+ in the mornings so I could use my KTTW card in the later in the day parks.

As someone said I think this could end up encouraging people to stay off Disney property if they will have more access to more FPs. Personally I don't ride a lot of the more popular thrill rides so I'm not sure it will effect me too much, but it is disappointing to not be able park hop and get FPs in the second park. That was why I planned my FP+ in the mornings so I could use my KTTW card in the later in the day parks.

Well that would presumably only work for another month or so since Legacy FP is going away completely when it's all rolled out.

I only need one FP for this trip - for Soarin on a noon arrival day. Right now those top attractions are running out by 10:30. I'm hoping that this new policy will at least help, for those of us who can't use MB but I'm not overly optimistic. I warned my son again last night. It is what it is.

Well that would presumably only work for another month or so since Legacy FP is going away completely when it's all rolled out.

I only need one FP for this trip - for Soarin on a noon arrival day. Right now those top attractions are running out by 10:30. I'm hoping that this new policy will at least help, for those of us who can't use MB but I'm not overly optimistic. I warned my son again last night. It is what it is.

OH! I missed that Legacy FP was going away completely.
So will people staying off site get MB too?
I was looking at MB as a perk to stay in the resorts and so that they had an easier time identifying who the resort guests were.

Ya not sure how that will work to take away Legacy FP.
To have top attractions run out by 10:30.......that's not going to be a good thing for most people, especially those that don't know how to use the FP+.
Not to get picky but the Disney Websites need a little stronger IT department to be depending on a website to help people. And honestly part of why I don't use FP ( or +) is I don't want my day to have to be figured out months in advance. I scheduled a bunch of things this time but I do feel it is forcing me to follow a schedule that honestly that isn't what my vacation is about.

So ya, basically I scheduled Soarin for a time I know I will be at Epcot and then randomly found a couple other FP+ options. I'm not overly stressed if I change my mind on the other ones.

This all could make me quite ok with the option to go to Disney only when my Disney rewards points pays for most of my trip. ;) About every 3-4 years.

7 more days here. And I'm actually really nervous about this whole new KTTW policy. I have to say, 3 FPs per day are just not gonna cut it for us. Never have, never will. And if I have to turn in our MBs in order to have access to paper FPs, I will. UGH....now I'm more stressed than I already was.......

Even with kids, we usually grab 4 or 5. If it's a busy as people say it is, DH will not wait in lines that long. So we might just get three rides a day and an ADR. It's not the worst scenario but not the best.

Oh well. It's a vacation. Woot woot!

Most of the long line reports are for big attractions like TSMN, Soarin' etc.

Does anyone know what the lines for Dumbo, Small World, Magic Carpets, Winnie are like?

Does anyone know what the lines for Dumbo, Small World, Magic Carpets, Winnie are like?

I'll answer my own question. Haha. Currently, they are all around 5-10mins. That's great. I'll check in randomly until the trip. Makes me feel better about the planned mornings I've laid out. I just want hubby and kids to be happy and get in a bunch of rides in the AM besides the FP+ ones.

I'm so excited!!

I think I'm going to buy a couple more tees for DH and myself for the trip today online.

Should I go all out and get 4 matching ones? DH would be rolling his eyes all day. I think that means that I have to right? ;)

Attitudes everywhere....mean impatient people. I always see it this time of year and I always attribute it to the evil known as daylight savings time. The light changes play havoc with our internal clocks and that makes people grumpier than a drunk on Sunday morning.

I don't get it, Daylight Savings Time started on March 10th and will end on November 3rd, why would it all of a sudden start affecting people? Did you mean the shorter days at this time of year and the later end to daylight savings time which means that people with early work schedules have to get up in the dark?

Is that what it is? I've been having to deal with that a lot with people at work lately- I feel like a psychiatrist sometimes! And then I felt bad last night at Scouts cuz I'm the treasurer and it seemed like everyone was just really impatient for me to take of what they needed, being inconsiderate to me and others, and it was getting to me!

Well, at least we can all breathe and say "___ days till Disney!" Here's hoping everyone gets all the planning, etc. done that they needed today!

I've had the opposite experience at scouts. I'm cubmaster for my middle son's pack and we had our Halloween party on Monday night. The kids were less unruly than usual and the parents actually stepped forward to help. Then last night I was at my older son's troop meeting since I'm the Popcorn Kernel. I asked which boys didn't bring their forms and I had those boys call their parents to bring them with them during pick up. I got 100% of them to turn them in - YAY! That never happens.

Wow. 3 hours? You are a good friend!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

What a wonderful friend you are :goodvibes

Not really, I just love the challenge of problem solving :) Although I wasn't prepared to get home after 12:30.

My guess is that they are going to start with people who did not buy tickets as part of a package. Since those people have actual tickets as back ups they really don't need KTTW cards to get into parks and they can always use cash or credit cards to buy things. Since they didn't buy their tickets through a package they most likely don't have a meal plan to worry about (I believe only DVC members and AP holders staying onsite can buy a meal plan without purchasing a package?). There are still people having problems redeeming meal credits with the bands so I can't imagine getting rid of KTTW cards for people on packages at this point in time. If you get rid of the KTTW cards for people who bought their tickets separately you at least get rid of the triple dipping (using KTTW cards and the regular tickets in addition to MBs).

I don't need to ride the headliners multiple times except for ToT and Splash Mountain, but I don't wait on lines so 3 FPs are not going to cut it in the MK for me. If they try to limit me to 3 in MK I am going to unleash my fury on someone and it will not be pretty. My kids have only been to Disney once (3 years ago) and it will probably be at least a couple of years before we can go again. I don't want to hear about things being fixed in the future, we have already dropped $10,000 (7 people) on this vacation before even stepping foot in Florida and I expect my trip to go smoothly this time. I will not accept that people who are staying offsite can pull more FPs than I can. I get that there have been a couple of days that people without FP+ have not been able to pull any FPs for TSMM, Soarin and TT that truly stinks, but I wasn't able to pull a FP for TSMM 3 years ago either, it did happen even before FP+. Now they are running out ridiculously early, but that may be a programming error. However, the vast majority of the rides still have FPs available for a large portion of the day and I will not be penalized for choosing to stay onsite.

years ago we got on a ride at the wrong time.
Winnie the pooh said 45 minute wait, FP was 70 minutes so we got in line (again not understanding FP) and 2 hours later we finally got on Winnie the pooh.
It was not a pretty meltdown at the end for my son.

I've heard Dumbo can get long lines.

I'm only doing Winnie the pooh to try to get a chance to experience without a meltdown, but then again my husband could so......he doesn't want to go on it. LOL

Small World I've never waited more than 10 minutes.

I'll answer my own question. Haha. Currently, they are all around 5-10mins. That's great. I'll check in randomly until the trip. Makes me feel better about the planned mornings I've laid out. I just want hubby and kids to be happy and get in a bunch of rides in the AM besides the FP+ ones.

I'm so excited!!

I think I'm going to buy a couple more tees for DH and myself for the trip today online.

Should I go all out and get 4 matching ones? DH would be rolling his eyes all day. I think that means that I have to right? ;)

I would love to get matching shirts for the trip. I really only have 1 or 2 days of matching shirts, and the rest of the days are color or theme coordinated, ex. all a shade of green, all Phillies tees, etc. I think my DH would kill me if I matched us all for the whole trip.

Where do you get your tees?

I would love to get matching shirts for the trip. I really only have 1 or 2 days of matching shirts, and the rest of the days are color or theme coordinated, ex. all a shade of green, all Phillies tees, etc. I think my DH would kill me if I matched us all for the whole trip.

For the kids, I got matching/complimenting shirts for every day of the trip. Picked them up at Walmart. I'm not a big Walmart shopper but went in for something specific and thought I'd check out the kids section. Struck summer clearance gold!

The matching shirts I'm thinking for all of us will have to come from the Disney store. That's my only option really. I'd normally choose Etsy but time wise and budget wise it's not going to work.

We will only do one day of full family cheese...er, I mean matching.

LimeCordial said:
We will only do one day of full family cheese...er, I mean matching.

My husband is totally up for the matching t-shirts - we are fans of the cheese, but I haven't even starting sewing their Halloween costumes yet. Laziness will get in the way of being as cheesy as we'd like once again.

My husband is totally up for the matching t-shirts - we are fans of the cheese, but I haven't even starting sewing their Halloween costumes yet. Laziness will get in the way of being as cheesy as we'd like once again.

I so wish my dh was down with the cheese!!! Lol!! He really doesn't have a choice though ;) we wi be wearing matchy matchy shirts for only one day and that's at the MVMCP. Hoping I can get my Christmas card Pic there! Pray for me!!! Lol lol

OH! I missed that Legacy FP was going away completely. So will people staying off site get MB too?

Yes. Probably it will roll out to Annual Passholders next. But likely not until after my trip. AP holders that have a resort stay this month are already able to book FP+ after their stay is over. And they did testing last week using CMs to simulate offsite AP holders. But still no word on rollout. Regular day guests will likely come after that. Though they won't necessarily have MBs; RFID cards will work as well.

years ago we got on a ride at the wrong time. Winnie the pooh said 45 minute wait, FP was 70 minutes so we got in line (again not understanding FP) and 2 hours later we finally got on Winnie the pooh. It was not a pretty meltdown at the end for my son. I've heard Dumbo can get long lines. I'm only doing Winnie the pooh to try to get a chance to experience without a meltdown, but then again my husband could so......he doesn't want to go on it. LOL Small World I've never waited more than 10 minutes.

I don't think Dumbo gets long waits anymore since the upgrade. Plus there isn't even technically a line. Now you get a pager while your kids play in the circus tent playground. If you FP you generally bypass the tent entirely and it's pretty cool for little kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter