"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there goes our third FP+.

We usually schedule FP+ using party tickets from 3:45-4:45, 4:50-5:50 and 5:50-6:50. Not even moving the first one to 3:10PM we'll be able to get a third FP+ if the system cuts off at 6PM. We'll still try to move our second FP+ as soon as we hit the first attraction but timing will be everything.

So, I haven't done one of these parties yet...if you can come in at 4pm for the party but you can't make FPs after 6pm, does that mean you can only make two FPs? If you have separate admission to the park during the day can you just make them anytime? Sorry if this is a repeat question, but I couldn't find it in the first few posts (might have missed it...).

We're probably going to use one of our park ticket days to do a few hours in the morning of the party day at MK. Can I book FP with my regular ticket for the morning and book FP for the evening with my party ticket?

I got our tickets for December 12th. This will be our 2nd Christmas party. Just curious what everyone likes to wear and where most like to eat? We are on the deluxe dining plan and it's just my husband and i.

We are going November 17th. I am beyond excited! We have never been. Now to plan what we will wear. :)

The cast member thinks that once you link your Christmas Party ticket the window for 6pm to 7pm should open.

The cast member may have said it but I don't buy it.

1. If the intention is to clear the standby que as much as possible during the 6-7 hour why would they allow fast passes for party guests as that would slow the stand by que from clearing?

2. I don't believe the MDE system is set up to only allow party tickets to make FP during a specified time window vs day tickets. Honestly I think this is why party guests are able to make FP at all. Disney does not advertise the early admission of 4 pm nor do they say that party tickets include FP entitlements. However the FP system allows party guests to make advance MK FP the day of the party for any time during regular park hours even though they cannot enter until late afternoon with that ticket.

We're probably going to use one of our park ticket days to do a few hours in the morning of the party day at MK. Can I book FP with my regular ticket for the morning and book FP for the evening with my party ticket?
Short answer is no

Long answer is you can create "family members" to whom you assign the party tickets. "They" would then be entitled to get 3 FP. If you do that you will need to obtain admission media in order to enter the park and redeem those FP. So you would need to have plastic tickets mailed or pick them up at will call.

So, I haven't done one of these parties yet...if you can come in at 4pm for the party but you can't make FPs after 6pm, does that mean you can only make two FPs? If you have separate admission to the park during the day can you just make them anytime? Sorry if this is a repeat question, but I couldn't find it in the first few posts (might have missed it...).

3:30-4:30pm, 4:30-5:30pm, 5:30-6:30pm

I got our tickets for December 12th. This will be our 2nd Christmas party. Just curious what everyone likes to wear and where most like to eat? We are on the deluxe dining plan and it's just my husband and i.

We will eat @ BoG, 4pm one night. CRT or CP, 2:40 the other night.

We will wear matching t-shirts shirts that coordinates with DD outfit. :santa:

thanks for the heads up on the tickets not showing up on the web and the date being wrong on the app - i was freaking out until I came here!

Okay .... I've never done this thing. Going with the wife and 2 older kids (17 and 11) on 11/26. Just how crazy it it going to get ? I hate sticking around at night in MK during our summer trips because of the crowds on main street ... do they sell so many tickets that we're going to have to spend an hour of the evening camping out for a decent spot to watch the fireworks, or to see the parade ? Looking at the list of things to do, I'm going to guess my kids are going to spend all of their time running from place to place to get cookies and hot chocolate.

Ok, thanks - I must have misunderstood - I thought a PP said that you couldn't make FPs after 6 this year.
I don't know if that's 100% confirmed yet. If they do make the cut off 6 instead of 6:30 then you could only make 2 advance FP or make 3-4, 4-5, and 5-6 with your 3-4 being closest to the park entrance and hoping for that late FP "grace period" to work for you

That makes more sense. I didn't know what the military mnsshp rate was last year, only mvmcp. This is the first time there's even a chance of us using the discount for either party (although we've attended both) as we're there Nov 11-18.

I've done Wine and Dine the past few years. So I've done the first Christmas party and purchased party tickets at the gate the day of. Other Christmas parties we haven't been within the discount window so we've purchased ahead of time, and will do the same for the 11/1 Halloween party. I wish I could extend till the first Christmas Party on the 9th, but since I am scheduled to fly home on the 7th, no can do!

I don't know if that's 100% confirmed yet. If they do make the cut off 6 instead of 6:30 then you could only make 2 advance FP or make 3-4, 4-5, and 5-6 with your 3-4 being closest to the park entrance and hoping for that late FP "grace period" to work for you
The problem is that you cannot make 3-4, 4-5, 5-6, you need to have at least a five minute wait between Fastpasses as the system thinks you still hold a Fastpass at 4 and won't let you schedule another one before 4:05. And that will put you after the cut off period of 6pm if that turns out to be true.

We usually make our ways backwards, first we chose our last ride and fit everything based on that last 6-7 FP but if they indeed forces the system to close Fastpasses at 6pm there's no way to fit a third FP even if they let you in at 3:45 as they usually do.

Ok, thanks - I must have misunderstood - I thought a PP said that you couldn't make FPs after 6 this year.

I only relayed the message I was told today. The thought was you can't 'start' a FP request after 6PM, nor could you make a dining reservation.

It would make sense that if Disney is limiting the time to allow FP and dining reservations to end at 6pm, that the window will not open after you link your ticket as the cast member suggested. But, this is anyone's guess right now.

The problem is that you cannot make 3-4, 4-5, 5-6, you need to have at least a five minute wait between Fastpasses as the system thinks you still hold a Fastpass at 4 and won't let you schedule another one before 4:05. And that will put you after the cut off period of 6pm if that turns out to be true.

We usually make our ways backwards, first we chose our last ride and fit everything based on that last 6-7 FP but if they indeed forces the system to close Fastpasses at 6pm there's no way to fit a third FP even if they let you in at 3:45 as they usually do.
Not trying to argue with you but we routinely have back to back FP. We've never had a problem where they had to be 5 min apart. THey cannot overlap but one can start at the same time the other ones ends. I just tried again on MDE (have an AP) and no problem booking 3 back to back FP at MK (did 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30 and 5:30-6:30)

got our tickets for 9th November, taking our nearly 2yo, i think he will enjoy it. il be watching this thread for tips

Short answer is no

Long answer is you can create "family members" to whom you assign the party tickets. "They" would then be entitled to get 3 FP. If you do that you will need to obtain admission media in order to enter the park and redeem those FP. So you would need to have plastic tickets mailed or pick them up at will call.

Damn. I set up fake family members and kept trying to assign it to them but the tickets would jump back to mine and my husbands actual names. Probably too late to re-assign. Kind of blows considering I'm using two separate tickets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter