"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We always stay @ Royal Pacific. If we do this, we would probably do 2N @ UO, but need to decide where in our trip to do the 2N. Then need to see if Disney is doing the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! again @ HS; which night to do CP @ EP, but that not released until late July & list not completed until much later. Good thing is that don't have to worry about ADRs & FP+ @ UO.

We are pretty much in the same dilemma. We decided on Cabana Bay because it was within the first year of opening and they have queen size beds. At Disney we go moderate. The cost difference between moderate and deluxe can almost pay for another trip. For this year we are considering just staying at Disney and taking a day to go to Universal. We did not see the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam last year since we were there in November. We want to do the CP @ EP but the narrator will ultimately determine that. We have seen Jodi Benson and Neil Patrick Harris. Personally we liked Jodi Benson better. ADR's aren't a concern for us either. There are no must have ADR's for us. We actually like Shula's, which isn't super hard to score.

I can't decide which night would be better to go to during our trip. We're there Aug 26 - Sep 2, and the parties are on the 29th and 1st. I was thinking of doing it for our last night of the trip, but now I'm not so sure. This is our first Disney trip, kids are 10 and 9. Our flight home isn't until 4pm, so we have no need to be up early after the party if we do go that last night. Do you think that's a good plan?

I can't decide which night would be better to go to during our trip. We're there Aug 26 - Sep 2, and the parties are on the 29th and 1st. I was thinking of doing it for our last night of the trip, but now I'm not so sure. This is our first Disney trip, kids are 10 and 9. Our flight home isn't until 4pm, so we have no need to be up early after the party of we that last night. Do you think that's a good plan?

I think I'd go on the 29th. I could see the Friday party being busier since it is Labor Day weekend. Either way I do suggest going to the Halloween party. Your kids are a great age for it and it is fun for the adults also to trick or treat. You mention you are flying on the 2nd late afternoon so I can see an advantage of going to the party on 2nd just because of that.

I think I'd go on the 29th. I could see the Friday party being busier since it is Labor Day weekend. Either way I do suggest going to the Halloween party. Your kids are a great age for it and it is fun for the adults also to trick or treat. You mention you are flying on the 2nd late afternoon so I can see an advantage of going to the party on 2nd just because of that.
Oooh, I forgot about it being Labour Day weekend. Good point. Maybe the 29th might be better. Thanks for that!

I can't decide which night would be better to go to during our trip. We're there Aug 26 - Sep 2, and the parties are on the 29th and 1st. I was thinking of doing it for our last night of the trip, but now I'm not so sure. This is our first Disney trip, kids are 10 and 9. Our flight home isn't until 4pm, so we have no need to be up early after the party if we do go that last night. Do you think that's a good plan?

.....and I just realised I posted the wrong party thread :hippie:

No worries. I don't think anyone will mind.

No worries, but probably get more responses on MNSSHP Thread. Events & post more relevant for your trip too.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...-so-scary-halloween-party-boo-to-you.3580223/

Same dilemma here. I'm leaning towards the 9th. I think it will be busy since it's the first party, but better than the 10th since it's the weekend and a holiday.

Same two choices for us! My kids turn 8 on the 10th so I guess I will let them choose how to spend their day!

There is Mears, but also Uber. I think Uber is cheaper. Also with Uber, you get your first ride for free, so if you haven't used it before, it would definitely be the way to go.

Don't know how much Uber charges as I've never used it but have used Mears in previous years, last one being 2015. The price was $20 per person so Uber or even a cab could be cheaper depending on the number of people. Also Mears will do multiple stops. When we were staying at the All Stars, we did all three All Stars, Coronado Springs, Pop and AoA. Plus we'd stop at SeaWorld and then the water park, so it would take a while to get there. Coming back, I don't really know as all three trips included HHN so we'd be in the park pretty late and it was usually a van bringing us back.

I will say what cost 20 bucks in a cab here, costs 8 bucks in uber so I know for a fact they are cheaper than a cab and I have had some pretty good rides. Uber and lyft have made it possible for us to go out to movies and stores more often. I think we are going to set 100 away for uber/lyft rides for those days we need them.

All I know about Uber is my town has become the first in Canada to go ahead with them over public transit and are capping the fares for specific destinations. Otherwise I have a car and don't need to worry about it. We drove down last year and really enjoyed having my car so we didn't feel like we were stuck anywhere. The first year we did Universal with Mears, they left us there. Apparently they had sent a cab to pick us up but no one came looking for us so we're still there at almost 3 am wondering where our ride is. That's the only thing I hated about it but odds are from it being such a late pick up with HHN that no one else was there waiting for a ride.

Need to get away from talking about HHN, we've decided to do a Christmas only trip this year and as much as I love Christmas down at Disney, I still love Halloween more. It's going to feel weird without it but I'm sure doing the party closer to the holidays and seeing everything else will be worth it. I'm hoping so anyways :laughing:

What's this Jingle Bell Jingle Jam thing that was mentioned above? I know it hasn't been confirmed for this year yet but I'm intrigued by the name.

All I know about Uber is my town has become the first in Canada to go ahead with them over public transit and are capping the fares for specific destinations. Otherwise I have a car and don't need to worry about it. We drove down last year and really enjoyed having my car so we didn't feel like we were stuck anywhere. The first year we did Universal with Mears, they left us there. Apparently they had sent a cab to pick us up but no one came looking for us so we're still there at almost 3 am wondering where our ride is. That's the only thing I hated about it but odds are from it being such a late pick up with HHN that no one else was there waiting for a ride.

Need to get away from talking about HHN, we've decided to do a Christmas only trip this year and as much as I love Christmas down at Disney, I still love Halloween more. It's going to feel weird without it but I'm sure doing the party closer to the holidays and seeing everything else will be worth it. I'm hoping so anyways :laughing:

What's this Jingle Bell Jingle Jam thing that was mentioned above? I know it hasn't been confirmed for this year yet but I'm intrigued by the name.

Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ctacular-coming-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/

BTW - We were referring to 1st time UO would have Christmas offering this year, not HHN. :D But no other details have been released.

So we are thinking of doing a quick trip down in December. What would be the leas crowded party? What is the weather like at night?

So we are thinking of doing a quick trip down in December. What would be the leas crowded party? What is the weather like at night?
I have done a Tuesday night and a Thursday night and the Thursday was much less crowded but the Tuesday was also when the pop warner kids were in town. Weather can change by the hour I had one party be super cold and another be perfect light long sleeve and jeans weather

Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ctacular-coming-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/

BTW - We were referring to 1st time UO would have Christmas offering this year, not HHN. :D But no other details have been released.

I know, I just kept bringing it up when I was talking about my previous experience with Mears :laughing: I'm just a little bit upset that I'll be missing it this year as we've done it our past four trips. My friend is pretty excited for the Harry Potter Christmas offerings though.

Also thanks for the link, it sounds interesting but it's no Osborne lights.

Last party for me last year, last party for me this year.

Last year, we were so tired and had hotel issues that started with a 5 hour delay in flying in. This year, we're going to come in on an earlier flight, and the day before. I have teens. They need their sleep. LOL

And oh joy, another dessert option in Hollywood Studios. More money out of my pocket. ::yes::

This is the closest thing I found

blog.touringplans.com/2016/04/07/least-crowded-disney-world-christmas-party-2016/
Thanks! I did see that, maybe they will post another blog about which parties actually sold out last year.
That seems like something that should be easy enough to find, but this is all I saw too!
Thx again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter