*****Official (??) June 2014 Thread -- Party Like It's Hot!*****

Happy Easter, Junies!

Contemplating coffee to keep myself awake because this time, it really, really IS our FP+ date! Stayed up last night, slept in this morning...tomorrow will be fun...:scratchin A little aggravated at the FP+ choices, since most of it doesn't require a FP at all...

Easter dinner soon to be ready. Eggs were hunted. We did a combo of plastic and real eggs, dying the real ones with the shaving cream method. (white shaving cream in cookie sheet. Dribble different colors of food coloring on the cream. Roll eggs in it. Let sit for at least 5 minutes before you clean them off.) They came out looking pretty neat and marbled. (And we already had all the stuff on-hand!)

What did you do for Easter?

On another note, does anyone do any Disney-themed nights with family? I think it's getting close to time...maybe after next weekend's dance competition in Mobile...

21AAFFA1-839C-455F-A629-9D20BC5701FF_zpshrorwssg.jpg

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter, Junies! Contemplating coffee to keep myself awake because this time, it really, really IS our FP+ date! Stayed up last night, slept in this morning...tomorrow will be fun...:scratchin A little aggravated at the FP+ choices, since most of it doesn't require a FP at all...

I did mine 11:00pm Thursday night and had a hard time with it. I didn't go to bed until after 1:00! -=P Trying to fit them in during the afternoon/evening times since rope drop has better lines anyways...trying to allow for an afternoon break, knowing we'd do nighttime parades/fireworks...Anna and Elsa only being available on a day I really wanted Epcot Fastpasses and not MK ones. Stressful!

Good luck with yours!!

I did mine 11:00pm Thursday night and had a hard time with it. I didn't go to bed until after 1:00! -=P Trying to fit them in during the afternoon/evening times since rope drop has better lines anyways...trying to allow for an afternoon break, knowing we'd do nighttime parades/fireworks...Anna and Elsa only being available on a day I really wanted Epcot Fastpasses and not MK ones. Stressful!

Good luck with yours!!

Yeah, it was tricky to figure out the best times. Not too early because the park just opened, not during our lunch ADRs, no coaster right after a lunch ADR :sick:, and not too late in the afternoon in case we wanted to go back for a nap. Also, not too late in case they let us book more FPs after the first 3 are used. And I'm still on the look out for 7DMT. All others will go out the window if I can get one of those. I know I ended up with some that are going to be useless.

30 Minutes to make FP+. Not bad, but lots of .... uh... do we REALLY need a FP for this??? :scared:

Didn't see FP options for parades and whatnot. We were totally going to get one for Flights of Fantasy. Oh well. Now to join everyone else in the waiting for 7DMT.

30 Minutes to make FP+. Not bad, but lots of .... uh... do we REALLY need a FP for this??? :scared: Didn't see FP options for parades and whatnot. We were totally going to get one for Flights of Fantasy. Oh well. Now to join everyone else in the waiting for 7DMT.

The parade and fireworks FP+ options don't become available until 30 days from what I've seen. Check back at that point and you might have more luck.

The parade and fireworks FP+ options don't become available until 30 days from what I've seen. Check back at that point and you might have more luck.

What are people doing about this? I hit the 60 day mark tomorrow. My plan is to make my 3 choices for each day now. Then make changes for parades and fireworks once that window opens. Or, I hope they add a 4th by the time we go in June and use that for a parade & fireworks. Thoughts? Although I know that people mean well, replying that FP+ for parades and fireworks is a waste is not helpful. Without going into lots of details, for my wife and I, it isn't.

Bounce bounce bouncing along.

Easter was fun. DS19 and DH were home so we spent time at church. We didn't decorate the eggs until Easter afternoon. "paint! paint!" Then the DS3 showed everyone how to finger paint.

Waiting for the offsite FP+ to open in a few weeks. Only one I find is a "need" is RnR Coaster for the big people. Little guy really likes Small World and Big Thunder Mountain RR. Showed him a video of Splash Mountain. He wasn't crazy about it--"is it done"

Not worried about the Meet and Greets. We are ADR for Hollywood and Vine, Crystal Palace, and Tusker House...Think that's enough for the characters. They're all his favorites.

Is anyone heading to DTD for the Car show on June 14?

Hey fellow June WDW humans - just wanted to report that it looks like they opened up MORE Anna and Elsa FP+ for my time period June 6th - 13th. I was looking to see if any fireworks or parades opened up (nope) but suddenly Anna and Elsa, who weren't showing up for certain dates when I first tried to book, now ARE.

I already snagged mine so no worries there.

we are about to make our final payment on our very first trip to walt disney world! we have 46 more days

Just noticing that on my plane ride home I will land in Southern California before 6:00PM... We are departing from Florida a little after noon... I will have a car in Florida and California... This brings up one intriguing possibility... Six parks in one day!
I won't be able to do much in the Florida parks besides run through the gates, but I should have a few hours in the California parks. Just enough time for a Sundae in Ghiradelli's at California Adventure and a few rides in Fantasy Land before Disneyland closes. I may be crazy, but this sounds like the perfect end to a Disney vacation.

How early before Rope Drop do the gates to the parks open? My whole scheme falls on my ability to get to four parks before 10:00AM.

I remember reading that HS routinely opens before official opening time - does anyone know if that is still true?

shoot, Kitayama, I thought I was hot stuff because I hit six parks in one WEEK - you're going to make me look bad. :-)

What are people doing about this? I hit the 60 day mark tomorrow. My plan is to make my 3 choices for each day now. Then make changes for parades and fireworks once that window opens. Or, I hope they add a 4th by the time we go in June and use that for a parade & fireworks. Thoughts? Although I know that people mean well, replying that FP+ for parades and fireworks is a waste is not helpful. Without going into lots of details, for my wife and I, it isn't.

I like this idea. This way if there is a glitch or extra FP are added... you have some reserved. :)

I didn't realize that the parades and fireworks were only 30 days out, so I like your plan. I know I may be FP a couple of these as well. :)

I like this idea. This way if there is a glitch or extra FP are added... you have some reserved. :) I didn't realize that the parades and fireworks were only 30 days out, so I like your plan. I know I may be FP a couple of these as well. :)

Thanks for the affirmation. My hope is that, by late June, there will be park hoping allowed with additional FP+ after the initial 3.

"When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true"

Just noticing that on my plane ride home I will land in Southern California before 6:00PM... We are departing from Florida a little after noon... I will have a car in Florida and California... This brings up one intriguing possibility... Six parks in one day!
I won't be able to do much in the Florida parks besides run through the gates, but I should have a few hours in the California parks. Just enough time for a Sundae in Ghiradelli's at California Adventure and a few rides in Fantasy Land before Disneyland closes. I may be crazy, but this sounds like the perfect end to a Disney vacation.

How early before Rope Drop do the gates to the parks open? My whole scheme falls on my ability to get to four parks before 10:00AM.

I believe Tony on the DLR podcast did this about a year ago. You should go back and see if you can find it in the archives to see what they did.

Thanks for the affirmation. My hope is that, by late June, there will be park hoping allowed with additional FP+ after the initial 3.

I hope so too! This is why I tried to make all my FPs for late morning to early afternoon. So that, if allowed, we could try to book another for later. We'll see. Even if it is allowed by then, I wonder if the parades and evening shows will be available to book at mid afternoon or if they will be full.

Name: JJ
Travel Dates (if known): Jun 7th-13th
Where Will You Be Staying?:ASMu
Travel Party: DW, DD7
Current Location: Ohio
Favorite Disney Character: Jack Sparrow
Favorite Disney Movie: Don't tell anyone, Little Mermaid
How Many Trips?: 8th Trip. 4 with my wife, 2nd as a family, 3 previous when I was growing up with my parents.
On-Site or Off?: Onsite for some, offsite for some
Best Disney Story: Have to say my daughters first look when seeing the castle from a distance. Second was our honeymoon hotel for wife and I (offsite)
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Dining Plan, so 5 different character meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter