***Official January 2023 Thread***

What I have read is that they are going to limit G+ purchases and it may sell out quickly if you don't buy at midnight.
I wonder how true it will be for it selling out. Guess we'll see when it goes into effect next month.

I'm very much a rope drop person so hopefully won't need G+. I CAN see myself buying ILL for GOTG:CW.

I wonder how true it will be for it selling out. Guess we'll see when it goes into effect next month.

I'm very much a rope drop person so hopefully won't need G+. I CAN see myself buying ILL for GOTG:CW.

We were also rope drop people but we have definitely noticed WAY more people rope dropping since Genie + was introduced. :(

Spill the details! We will be at BCV then too :) I just dropped some of our Jan BCV days, maybe you got them! lol :)
Not much to tell! I put in a request with DVC rentals back in February, but they didnt have any points so they put me on a waiting list. I was getting nervous they might not be able to get them, but they did.

Not much to tell! I put in a request with DVC rentals back in February, but they didnt have any points so they put me on a waiting list. I was getting nervous they might not be able to get them, but they did.

Wow that was a long wait! I guess I was just wondering what dates you were going and what BCV accommodations. Congrats either way. Its my favorite place :)

Wow that was a long wait! I guess I was just wondering what dates you were going and what BCV accommodations. Congrats either way. Its my favorite place :)
I am staying in a 2 bedroom villa from Jan 8th-15th. It's defintiely a splurge, but my last real vacation was back in Nov 2019 so I figure I am allowed. Our last trip was to WDW also, and we stayed at CBR. My husband loved the Skyliner so much, h requested a skyliner hotel again. I have never stayed at Beach Club, so I figured it was a good choice. It might be a bit cold for Stormalong bay though. Maybe we will get a warm afternoon to use it.

I am staying in a 2 bedroom villa from Jan 8th-15th. It's defintiely a splurge, but my last real vacation was back in Nov 2019 so I figure I am allowed. Our last trip was to WDW also, and we stayed at CBR. My husband loved the Skyliner so much, h requested a skyliner hotel again. I have never stayed at Beach Club, so I figured it was a good choice. It might be a bit cold for Stormalong bay though. Maybe we will get a warm afternoon to use it.
ENJOY! You will love it.

This last Jan was our coldest Jan yet and we still got in the pool 3 times. They heat them and for us it was still enjoyable once we were in for a bit ;)

ENJOY! You will love it.

This last Jan was our coldest Jan yet and we still got in the pool 3 times. They heat them and for us it was still enjoyable once we were in for a bit ;)
It was SO cold. I really wanted to go in the jacuzzi but I knew I'd freeze trying to get back to my room. Maybe I'll bring my robe this time.

It was SO cold. I really wanted to go in the jacuzzi but I knew I'd freeze trying to get back to my room. Maybe I'll bring my robe this time.
We went in the jacuzzi each time! It was awesome and we made sure to get plenty of towels. We had it to ourselves the entire time.

Reminder!

2023 vacation packages will be available for booking starting tomorrow, Wednesday, June 8th!

Phone lines open at 7am, and I would expect online booking to be available no later than 7:30am.

Also, remember that today is the last day to add Genie+ to any vacation packages through the remainder of 2022. Starting tomorrow, any future sales of Genie+ for 2022 or beyond will only be allowed on the day of each visit, one day at a time.

How far ahead should we make park reservations for January? When do they typically start seeing availability soften? Is it easy to change park reservations once you make them?

How far ahead should we make park reservations for January? When do they typically start seeing availability soften? Is it easy to change park reservations once you make them?
Ideally, I would make park reservations as soon as you purchase tickets. Our vacation currently starts in December 2022, and we already have our parks reserved for early January.

Availability can be hard to gauge, but generally, anything that could cause a flurry of activity would be a good reason to grab reservations. For example, 2023 packages opening tomorrow will encourage people to book now, grab park passes, and think about it later. If you were to wait, I would seriously consider making park reservations once announcements about the Christmas parties come out. Last year, the 'Halfway to Holidays' media blitz occurred on July 12th. Assuming there aren't other surprises coming before then, it would generally be the next big event that could cause a flurry of activity, even going into the new year.

Park reservations are easy to change, however, it can be nerve-racking. Currently, there is no way to modify a park reservation, only cancel and then re-book. Particularly during popular times, cancelling a reservation means that when you go to re-book, nothing else may be available, even if you just checked beforehand.

Hi! Glad I found you guys :)
My family and I will be in WDW January 17-24. Hoping for less crowds since we will be arriving after the MLK Day rush.
I was able to rent DVC points from a fellow DisBoards member (I know renting without a third party involved is a bit risky, but I looked into this person thoroughly, and feel super confident), and we are staying at AKL Kidani Village in a Savannah Room. I am so excited- my kids (DD 5 & DS 3) are going to freak out when they see animals right outside the window (who am I kidding- so will I 😆)!
The countdown is on- 224 days ❤

Thanks for the info. I have an idea of what parks I wanted to do on what days, but I will firm that up today and make the reservations when I buy tickets tomorrow. I have 6 full days in the parks and I am going Epcot and HS heavy due to the Beach Club location and Festival of the Arts that should be opening the weekend of the 13th. I keep hoping they are going to open up park hopping a bit more, but I am not counting on it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I have an idea of what parks I wanted to do on what days, but I will firm that up today and make the reservations when I buy tickets tomorrow. I have 6 full days in the parks and I am going Epcot and HS heavy due to the Beach Club location and Festival of the Arts that should be opening the weekend of the 13th. I keep hoping they are going to open up park hopping a bit more, but I am not counting on it.
From what I've read AND experienced, MK is super busy on Sundays and Mondays.
My sister and I hypothesized that a lot of people arrive on Saturday and Sunday and make MK their first park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter