*** OFFICIAL January 2013 Thread ***

Be careful - I am in northern NC and roads are pure ice. We leave Feb. 5 for our trip and hope the weather will cooperate. Praying for your safe travels!

Starting travel day with Zofran and Imodium was not what I had planned. Can't decide if it's nerves and excitement or the true stomach bug. Hoping for the former. On a good note, usually moody seven year boy is in terrific spirits upon being woken up at 5:45am!

WDW88 said:
Starting travel day with Zofran and Imodium was not what I had planned. Can't decide if it's nerves and excitement or the true stomach bug. Hoping for the former. On a good note, usually moody seven year boy is in terrific spirits upon being woken up at 5:45am!

Oh no! I feel your pain. I have a nervous stomach and Imodium with Xanax is my cocktail of choice whenever I travel! It is a curse!
Hopefully once you are on your way, the symptoms will subside. Feel better and have a magical time!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Arrived last night around midnight, and there was surprising a lot of people checking in when we did.

Good travel wishes for all of you! :goodvibes Sounds like the weather next week will be as good as it was when we were there. :thumbsup2

so sorry to hear about the problems with the snow/ice!! I live in the midwest and fortunately we are not having any precipation right now, just lots of COLD temps! I am so excited that we are flying out tomorrow!!:cool1:

We just got back and had a wonderful time...missed all of the nasty Iowa cold!!! HAVE A BLAST!!!

Kecia

Just checked into Port Orleans Royal Room! ADORABLE! Couldn't ask for better weather! Its 75! Just need to find a fan to rent for background sleeping noise!

Anyone already been this month think it was busier than usual or busier than you expected? We were at Disney 15-19 and the crowds seemed larger than I thought they would be.

Anyone already been this month think it was busier than usual or busier than you expected? We were at Disney 15-19 and the crowds seemed larger than I thought they would be.

Oh My YES!!!

We were in the parks Jan 13 -16 and then again Jan 20-21 and it was a humongous difference but even 1/13-16 was more crowded than I expected for January (but that was due to the race dates changing, I'm sure).

I really think the locals were waiting to explore New Fantasyland until MLK weekend and there was a good amount of tour groups as well.

On 1/20, I went to get a FP for BTMRR and the standby line was 110 minutes!! And there were people actually in that line. Unbelievable. The line for Haunted Mansion went past the entrance to the Riverboat and the line for PoC was completely filled inside the building, under the roof but not yet in the 'cave'. Wow.

I have read some other TR from people who go MLK weekend every year and they too, said it was definitely more crowded in years past.

All of that said, we actually rode everything that we wanted to do for the most part by getting there around RD and using FPs. So I have no complaints. We had a great time!

Yes, we got to do all we wanted as well. I was just surprised at the crowd level...and lots of tour groups. Some were so big they could make a wait time increase just by getting in line.

Yes, we got to do all we wanted as well. I was just surprised at the crowd level...and lots of tour groups. Some were so big they could make a wait time increase just by getting in line.

Yeah, there was one time we were going to use our FP and I saw the BTG getting ready to get in the FP line. I grabbed my daughter's hand and yelled to DH -- "hurry, look!" and we quickly jumped in the FP line ahead of them.

Another time, right after the parade we rode BTMRR and got on quickly...was going to go again but even the FP line was nearly to the bridge and the main line even worse, so we skipped it and were glad we went during the parade.

ag98 said:

We were there jan 8 to jan 16. Since we normally come in June, we were thrilled with smaller crowds. Lol. Yet, we did notice the tour groups becoming more prominent later in our stay.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Safe travels and best wishes to our final January travelers!! Those of us who went earlier in the month will relive our trip through you.

1/27 to 2/1, BWV -- KangaFan
1/27 to 2/1, SOG -- RedPanda
1/27 t 2/1, AS-Sp -- lustergirl
1/27 to 2/2, POFQ -- Butterfly Jen
1/27 to 2/2 CSR -- wuzzy6
1/27 to 2/3, BLT -- wed100105
1/27 to TBD, Pop -- BuzzNwoodY0824
1/28 to 2/2, Offsite -- Jen24
1/28 to 2/2, AoA Nemo -- SoontobMrsZ
1/28 to 2/2, POP -- RAPstart
1/28 to 2/4, Pop/CSR -- dtstampz
1/28 to 2/7, POFQ -- Joneloonybin
1/29 to 2/3, CSR -- bladiator
1/29 to ?, AKV -- MJMcBride
1/30 to 2/5, POR -- wdwagain518

Waiting in line at test track. We were here yesterday for rope drop and got right on. Today one of our party left their ticket in the room so we had to see guest services and were about 10 minutes behind rope drop. Wow what a difference this makes. Should have done single rider line.

ag98 said:

YES! It was crazy crowded!!!! That & no water rides guarantee we won't do another January trip...
But, it was Magical none the less!!! Our best trip ever!!!! :cloud9:

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

ag98 said:

That happened to us with Everest. We thought we'd walk on, but a huge tour group all had fastpasses. :sad:

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

We were at Disney 15-19 and the crowds seemed larger than I thought they would be.

We were there 6-18 and ditto. As Marshay said, we managed to do everything we wanted and it wasn't a big deal in that sense, but at WDW the crowds were on par with those we've dealt with in May, when I thought they were supposed to be lower. Outside WDW at the north end of International Drive, they were worse! :crazy2:

I figured WDW might be worse than usual because of New Fantasyland (if I were local, I'd wait until after the Christmas and New Year's crowds cleared to explore it), but I hadn't counted on the snowbirds in the rest of Orlando I guess.

PixieDust1928 said:
Dissatisfied with the larger than expected crowd. Here now and MK was a zoo Monday and today:(

We have bee more than pleased with the crowd levels. Our comparisons are from our past trips in late September and late may. We are really loving the beautiful weather! We went to MK on Tuesday and thought it was lower than normal crowds. We were there today as well and did notice considerably more people, but were able to get everything done we wanted to :). We r having a great trip and are sad to think it will be over soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter