• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I'd recommend walking to the Contemporary and taking a bus from there.
Have to agree. You can take the monorail, but walking tends to be faster.
Or, you can take the SSR bus, then boat or walk to DS.

Hello! Hope someone can help! We will be staying at CBR which is sometimes considered an "Epcot area resort".
We have two young kids.

Here are my questions:
1. Is it generally faster to first monorail (or otherwise get) to Epcot, then take the bus to CBR from there? For example coming from the Magic Kingdom.
2. We want to get from CBR to Sanaa at Kidani Village for a dinner and back - time back would be maybe 6:30 pm or so - How should we best do this? Take the bus to AK, then...?? How about the way back?

THANKS!!!

Hello! Hope someone can help! We will be staying at CBR which is sometimes considered an "Epcot area resort".
We have two young kids.

Here are my questions:
1. Is it generally faster to first monorail (or otherwise get) to Epcot, then take the bus to CBR from there? For example coming from the Magic Kingdom.
2. We want to get from CBR to Sanaa at Kidani Village for a dinner and back - time back would be maybe 6:30 pm or so - How should we best do this? Take the bus to AK, then...?? How about the way back?

THANKS!!!
If you're trying to get to CBR, from MK, I would just take the CBR bus right from MK. No need to take the monorail. You would have to get the express monorail at MK, then transfer to the Epcot line. Ride to Epcot, leave the monorail and walk down to the buses, and get the CBR bus. Much faster to just bus from MK.
As far as getting to Sanaa, from CBR. I would take a bus to AK, then transfer to the AKL-Kidani bus. The bus should stop at Kidani first. To get back to CBR, I would head to whatever park was still open. Epcot or DHS would be preferable since they are closest to CBR. If AK was still open, that would be my first choice. But, it will most likely be closed at 6:30, unless there is an EMH that night.

Thank you so much, Goofy4Tink! We will do exactly as you suggest for Sanaa!
I didn't know you had to transfer to another line on the monorail between MK and Epcot? I think I have to read up on that.

How long does it take to go from POR to DS by boat? Also, any suggestions on the fastest way to get from DS to MK?

How long does it take to go from POR to DS by boat? Also, any suggestions on the fastest way to get from DS to MK?
It should take about 20 or so minutes. Very pleasant boat ride.
To get to MK from DS, take the CR bus, then walk over to MK via the walkway. Or, bus to GF and then monorail to MK.

It should take about 20 or so minutes. Very pleasant boat ride.
To get to MK from DS, take the CR bus, then walk over to MK via the walkway. Or, bus to GF and then monorail to MK.
Thank you! We have reservations at Raglan Road on our arrival night, and I thought the boat ride would make for a relaxing start to our trip. Then on Saturday, we have a BBB appointment for my youngest daughter at DS. We were hoping to meet up with the rest of the family at MK for lunch at CRT afterward. Looks like we might just be able to that. :)

Be aware that at times the boats can involve a wait to board at POR, as guests may not be leaving the boat, at times you may find there is a line to board so you may not get on the first boat that arrives.

This being said it is an enjoyable ride and well worth taking the time.

Just ensure you leave plenty of time for your daughter's BBB appointment as it would be a shame to run late and make it stressful rather than enjoyable, as you still need to walk a fair way once you arrive at Disney Springs.

Be aware that at times the boats can involve a wait to board at POR, as guests may not be leaving the boat, at times you may find there is a line to board so you may not get on the first boat that arrives.

This being said it is an enjoyable ride and well worth taking the time.

Just ensure you leave plenty of time for your daughter's BBB appointment as it would be a shame to run late and make it stressful rather than enjoyable, as you still need to walk a fair way once you arrive at Disney Springs.
Thank you! We'll probably plan for the boat then on arrival night and take the bus to DS on the morning of BBB.

so we haven't been to Disney Springs in 6 years and a lot has changed! We're eating at Raglan Road our first night and I know we'll take a bus from the GF to DS, but where does the bus drop off in relation to Raglan Road?

Thank you! We'll probably plan for the boat then on arrival night and take the bus to DS on the morning of BBB.

That would work well as the bus will drop you off more or less adjacent to World of Disney where you are heading.

Definitely do the boat though, it will make a nice start to your vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter