Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

We are heading to MK next Tuesday (10/27) from Port Canaveral. We are on the Norwegian Breakaway and taking a shuttle to Disney for the day. Where does the shuttle drop us off? Is there a bus or ferry where they are dropping us off that takes us to the main gate? I am used to taking the Magical Express buses while staying on site.

We are heading to MK next Tuesday (10/27) from Port Canaveral. We are on the Norwegian Breakaway and taking a shuttle to Disney for the day. Where does the shuttle drop us off? Is there a bus or ferry where they are dropping us off that takes us to the main gate? I am used to taking the Magical Express buses while staying on site.
I imagine that you'll be dropped off at the TTC. From there you can take either the monorail or the ferry boat over to the MK.

In all actuality? It will probably be faster to head to BC. Bag check is faster than from the front of the park...and it will be less of a walk from BC. I would rather take the boat to the MK, then bus to BC, and walk into Epcot via the International Gateway, which drops you just a short walk from the UK.

Yes, I think you have a good point. Even though I won't be carrying a bag & won't need to go through bag check, the more I think about it the more it does seem like it'd be quicker to go back to MK & bus to BC to get to the UK. The past several times I went to the TTC for the monorail to Epcot, I had to wait a good 15 minutes or so for it to arrive. Maybe taking the monorail at the Poly back to MK would be a little quicker than the boat too since it's one stop at the GF before getting to MK & could be less wait time than the boat back as well.

Thanks for your input! :)

About how long would it take to get from TRex at DTD (yeah, yeah Springs) to the MK if we drive our own car? I know we'd have to park and take the ferry when we got to MK.

Would it still be faster than waiting for a bus - I assume I'd have to take one to CR and walk over?

I'm trying to figure out if we could make it to Wishes at 10 pm. Our TRex reservation is 8 pm, and I think that would be cutting it close, so I'm going to try calling for a 7 pm.

Thanks!

What a great thread... many thanks! :-)

1. Spending day at DHS... would like to leave there, go to Epcot for supper and then go back to DHS to see the Osborne lights. Bad idea? Thoughts on best way to get there and how long it will take? Better off to make an ADR at Disney Springs instead?

2. Spending day at AK... have ADR in Epcot for supper. Best way to get there from AK? Or if we have enough time, should we go back to CR and take monorail from there?

Thanks!

What a great thread... many thanks! :-)

1. Spending day at DHS... would like to leave there, go to Epcot for supper and then go back to DHS to see the Osborne lights. Bad idea? Thoughts on best way to get there and how long it will take? Better off to make an ADR at Disney Springs instead?

2. Spending day at AK... have ADR in Epcot for supper. Best way to get there from AK? Or if we have enough time, should we go back to CR and take monorail from there?

Thanks!
1. There's a boat and walkway from Hollywood Studios to Epcot's International Gateway.
2. There are direct park-to-park buses.

I am visiting Disney in February for Princess Half Marathon. I fly in on Saturday around 12 and have to get to race expo at ESPN by 4 to get packet. Can I take magical express straight to ESPN? What is the best/fastest way to get there?I'm stressed that it's going to be close on time.

Thanks!

I am visiting Disney in February for Princess Half Marathon. I fly in on Saturday around 12 and have to get to race expo at ESPN by 4 to get packet. Can I take magical express straight to ESPN? What is the best/fastest way to get there?I'm stressed that it's going to be close on time.

Thanks!
Welcome to the DIS boards, and Transportation in particular. If you arrive at 12, you should be at your resort by 1:30ish, maybe sooner. When I was there for the Food and Wine Half and 5K, they had buses running from most of the resorts almost continually so that racers could pick up their packets! You can't take DME to ESPN.....it's not a resort, so no DME bus there. I don't know what resort you'll be at. If you feel pressed for time, you can always take a cab over, and a bus back.

Just an additional note ...

When you check in at your resort, be sure to ask where to catch the race buses. Depending on the resort, it may or may not be the same location as the theme park buses.

Just an additional note ...

When you check in at your resort, be sure to ask where to catch the race buses. Depending on the resort, it may or may not be the same location as the theme park buses.
Excellent point! When I was at BWV last Nov, for the Food and Wine Half and 5K, the race buses left from in front of the convention center, not from the regular bus stop. I past a couple who were arguing about where to get the bus to ESPN...the husband was saying they needed to go to the bus stop, where all the buses go. The wife insisted that there was another place for the 'special' buses. Now, there was signage up, directing you to the race activities bus stop. I pointed it out, but the husband insisted that it had been moved and they were 'supposed' to go to the regular bus stop. I told them the stop was in front of the convention center..but for some reason, they didn't believe me. As our bus to ESPN passed by the regular bus stop, that couple was still standing, up the walkway a bit, arguing still! It really was pretty clear where to go...you just had to look!!!

How long does it take to get from DHS to Epcot's International Gateway by boat?

Thanks!
About 25 mins once on the boat. It will stop at the S/D, then YC/BC, then BW, and then to Epcot.

About how long would it take to get from TRex at DTD (yeah, yeah Springs) to the MK if we drive our own car? I know we'd have to park and take the ferry when we got to MK.

Would it still be faster than waiting for a bus - I assume I'd have to take one to CR and walk over?

I'm trying to figure out if we could make it to Wishes at 10 pm. Our TRex reservation is 8 pm, and I think that would be cutting it close, so I'm going to try calling for a 7 pm.

Thanks!
That's a tough one because there are so many variables. With an 8:00 adr, you probably won't be done eating until 9ish. If you drive, you'll have to walk to your car, drive to the TTC (about a 10-15 min drive), then ferry or monorail over to MK. Wait times can vary....you could get right on the Express monorail. Or, you could wait a bit.
If you take the bus to the CR, you'll have to walk to the bus stop, wait for it, then wait for it to leave (can take a bit since this is a popular spot for driver changes!), then ride to the CR and then walk to the MK...about 10 mins.
So long story short? I would try for an earlier adr, or eat closer to mk.

Four questions:

1) How early do buses run to the theme parks? Assuming DHS opens at 9AM, how early would the buses start bringing guests there from the resorts?

2) How long does the average bus ride to DHS take from Pop Century?

3) How early does the Friendship Boat start service? If I were to arrive at the Boat Launch at the time it starts service I assume I'll be able to walk right onto the first boat?

4) How long does it take for the Boat to arrive at Epcot from DHS?

I'm trying to get to the French Bakery in Epcot for breakfast, but trying to do it as early as possible, so I'm trying to nail down the proper time to leave my resort.

Last edited:
Three questions:

1) How early do buses run to the theme parks? Assuming DHS opens at 9AM, how early would the buses start bringing guests there from the resorts?
Approximately 6:30am.
10 minutes.
3) How early does the Friendship Boat start service? If I were to arrive at the Boat Launch at the time it starts service I assume I'll be able to walk right onto the first boat?
If you mean from DHS to Epcot, it's 1 hour before DHS regular opening, or 1/2 hour before EMH opening.
25 minutes.
I'm trying to get to the French Bakery in Epcot for breakfast, but trying to do it as early as possible, so I'm trying to nail down the proper time to leave my resort.
Don't forget to allow for wait times of up to 20 minutes each for the bus & boat, and walk time from the boat dock to France

Four questions:

You got definitive answers to your four questions. My suggestion would be to take a cab from Pop to BC. Very short ride, and should be under $15. Quick walk from BC to the IG and France.
You don't say what time you want to be in France, but I would allow about 25 mins if you take a cab.
If you decide to use wdw transportation, I would figure on leaving at least an hour, maybe longer, to get to France. It could work like this....
Bus to DHS.....wait time of 0-30 mins. Then 10 min ride to the park.
'If' boats are running from DHS....0-25 min wait, then 25 mins to Epcot's International Gateway. 8 min walk to France.

It will all depend on what time you need to get there...but, truly...a cab is the best and easiest way.

What's the best way to get from CBR to a 7:00am ADR at Chef Mickey's?
This is going to be a cab or Uber/Lyft. If you have a car, this will work too. You can park at the CR for 3 hours with a ADR.

The WDW bus system starts at 6:30am and there is no way to make a 7am ADR at the CR from CBR on a WDW bus.

This is going to be a cab or Uber/Lyft. If you have a car, this will work too. You can park at the CR for 3 hours with a ADR.

The WDW bus system starts at 6:30am and there is no way to make a 7am ADR at the CR from CBR on a WDW bus.

Okay thats what I was afraid of. Thank you though!

I was just thinking, how far of a walk is it to CR from TTC? We wanted to go straight from CR to MK for rope drop so I don't want to have to worry about moving my car, whereas parking at TTC we can leave it there until we leave MK in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter