Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Here's an MK transportation question: If I have a FP+ for Splash Mountain at 2:30 & want to skip the parade to make my next FP+ for 7DMT, should I just take the train to Storybook Circus & walk to 7DMT from there (or does the train not run during the parade)?

Note: my FP+ for 7DMT will end at 3:30.

Here's an MK transportation question: If I have a FP+ for Splash Mountain at 2:30 & want to skip the parade to make my next FP+ for 7DMT, should I just take the train to Storybook Circus & walk to 7DMT from there (or does the train not run during the parade)?

Note: my FP+ for 7DMT will end at 3:30.
No train. Walking will be quick. Leave Splash Mt, and walk along the water...on the walkway. Past the riverboat, past HM, and up to SDMT. Easy.

I've never been to WDW, only Disneyland & California Adventure, and Disneyland in Hong Kong, all of which are extremely easy to navigate. I've been reading through this thread, and it's freaking me out a bit. As we don't have set plans yet, (but are planning to go either next year or the year after), I need to know, is it pretty easy to figure out when you are there? Are there transportation maps? Or are there staff who are knowledgeable and can help you figure out the best way to get places? Are cabs easily found? Are the van taxis very common? (family of 6 here). Thanks.

I've never been to WDW, only Disneyland & California Adventure, and Disneyland in Hong Kong, all of which are extremely easy to navigate. I've been reading through this thread, and it's freaking me out a bit. As we don't have set plans yet, (but are planning to go either next year or the year after), I need to know, is it pretty easy to figure out when you are there? Are there transportation maps? Or are there staff who are knowledgeable and can help you figure out the best way to get places? Are cabs easily found? Are the van taxis very common? (family of 6 here). Thanks.
Yes, WDW is a huge complex!! So much larger than DL. BUT....it's very easy to navigate. Everything is very well marked. The bus drivers are a wonderful source of info if you need to get somewhere and aren't sure how to do it!! Cabs are at all the resorts and in the park lots!
If you have specific questions now, just ask away here. You'll get more info than you can possibly imagine from posters on this board.

I've never been to WDW, only Disneyland & California Adventure, and Disneyland in Hong Kong, all of which are extremely easy to navigate. I've been reading through this thread, and it's freaking me out a bit. As we don't have set plans yet, (but are planning to go either next year or the year after), I need to know,

1. is it pretty easy to figure out when you are there?
2. Are there transportation maps?
3. Or are there staff who are knowledgeable and can help you figure out the best way to get places?
4. Are cabs easily found?
5. Are the van taxis very common? (family of 6 here). Thanks.

1. Yes. It. really is pretty easy
2. There is this: http://www.wdwfocus.com/map/
3. Bus drivers are great. Other CMs are not so reliable.
4. Yes. There are taxi stands at all of the parks. If you need a taxi at a resort, just ask at bell services and they'll call one up for you. If you're interested in approximate costs, you can look them up at taxifarefinder.com
5. Yes.

Great and insightful tips. Always keep a map handy tho. You might just need it....badly. pirate: Well, if you wanna hit outside WDW, you might just wanna pick a ride from here and have the fun of your life. :rainbow:

1. Yes. It. really is pretty easy
2. There is this: http://www.wdwfocus.com/map/
3. Bus drivers are great. Other CMs are not so reliable.
4. Yes. There are taxi stands at all of the parks. If you need a taxi at a resort, just ask at bell services and they'll call one up for you. If you're interested in approximate costs, you can look them up at taxifarefinder.com
5. Yes.

Here's the thing....I completely understand how WDW transportation works...obviously. But, man I hate that map!!! It simply confuses me. It's so much easier to just say...buses run between the resorts and the parks. There is no resort to resort transportation except in a very few situations. I just hate that map!!!!! It's worse the Tube maps for London!!!

What is the most efficient way to get from Jambo House to Old Key West? Is there a site or app that gives approximate transportation times between resorts and parks?

What is the most efficient way to get from Jambo House to Old Key West? Is there a site or app that gives approximate transportation times between resorts and parks?
While Epcot is open, bus to Epcot, then transfer to bus to OKW. Epcot is open until 9 every night, later during the Christmas holidays and some Food & Wine Festival weekends.

After Epcot is closed, you can transfer at DHS or MK, if either is open later. If everything else is closed, you can transfer at DTD until at least midnight, but it will take longer.

A taxi would be fastest, of course, but might cost around $20 or more.

What would be the quickest way to get from an AS resort to the UK in Epcot? I was wondering about taking the bus to AK & then BC to walk to IG a few minutes away? Or am I better off taking the Epcot bus & walking to UK?

Just take the bus to Epcot. That way, you only have to wait for one bus. If you took the bus to AK, you would have to wait for the AK bus to come, then once at AK, wait for the BC bus to come, then walk to UK. It will probably be faster to just take the bus directly to Epcot.

Hi there! I have a question about timing - I'm planning on going to the 7:00 show of Fantasmic, which I think is a 20-30 minute show, and then make an ADR for Tokyo Dining at 8:45. I'm assuming that I can get out of the theater and out of DHS to either grab a boat or bus to BWI and then walk to Epcot by 8:45. Is that the smartest travel plan and does that timing seem plausible?

I know very little about transportation options by the Boardwalk area so I've been trying to read up and it seems like BWI is the closest hotel to walk to the World Showcase? I know I can walk between HS and Epcot but last time I did that I got lost and ended up at the Dolphin where we took a bus to DHS...although maybe if I don't get lost that would be the quickest option?

TIA!

After careful consideration, I decided to switch my breakfast ADR from Trail's End to The Wave because for the First time, I Will be making it in time to see the whole opening show at MK! :mickeyjum

If I'm leaving from ASMu & I have a 7:30 ressie, what time should I be waiting for the MK bus?

Should I take the monorail or just walk to The Wave from there? I know the monorail's 1st stop is CR so I'm thinking that might be the quickest option going to breakfast & then walk to MK to see the show afterward.

TIA! :)

Hi there! I have a question about timing - I'm planning on going to the 7:00 show of Fantasmic, which I think is a 20-30 minute show, and then make an ADR for Tokyo Dining at 8:45. I'm assuming that I can get out of the theater and out of DHS to either grab a boat or bus to BWI and then walk to Epcot by 8:45. Is that the smartest travel plan and does that timing seem plausible?

I know very little about transportation options by the Boardwalk area so I've been trying to read up and it seems like BWI is the closest hotel to walk to the World Showcase? I know I can walk between HS and Epcot but last time I did that I got lost and ended up at the Dolphin where we took a bus to DHS...although maybe if I don't get lost that would be the quickest option?

TIA!
You should be able to make it. It will take you a fair amount of time to exit the Fanstasmic area though! There aren't any buses to any of the Epcot resorts from DHS. Your options are.....bus to Epcot, from DHS, and then walk to the WS from the front of the park. Or.....boat to Epcot from DHS and enter WS at the International Gateway. Or...if there is no boat in sight, just walk it.
If you choose the boat option...the boat will go to the S/D first, then YC/BC, BW and then finally to Epcot. It takes about 25 mins. You could hop off at the YC/BC dock and walk to the IG from there..might save a few mins.
If you choose to walk (again, no boat at the dock, or coming into the dock)...exit DHS, keeping the main bus area to your right, the canal to your immediate left. Head to the left when you get past the large open area...the parking lot is now on your right, canal still on the left. A bit down the sidewalk there will be a sign, pointing down a small slope, to the BW area...take this walkway. When you get to the backside of Luna Park (pool area for BW, with the big pool slide) you can cut through. Enter the pool area, with the building on your right, the slide on your immediate left. Walk through the pool area, and to the main bldg..there will be a tunnel. Go through and out to the Village Green. Go left to get to the boardwalk, then right onto the boardwalk (you can see all of this as soon as you come out from the small tunnel). Stay on the boardwalk, go up the incline, and over the bridge, go right and you're at Epcot/IG. The walk takes under 20 mins.
It's really very easy. I almost always walk it vs taking the boat.

After careful consideration, I decided to switch my breakfast ADR from Trail's End to The Wave because for the First time, I Will be making it in time to see the whole opening show at MK! :mickeyjum

If I'm leaving from ASMu & I have a 7:30 ressie, what time should I be waiting for the MK bus?

Should I take the monorail or just walk to The Wave from there? I know the monorail's 1st stop is CR so I'm thinking that might be the quickest option going to breakfast & then walk to MK to see the show afterward.

TIA! :)
I would be out at the bus stop early....by 6:30! This is when the buses start running, but they tend to run a bit less frequently than the normal resort to park buses. If you miss one, it could be almost 25 mins before another one comes along. When you get to MK, I would just walk over to the CR. By the time you walk to the monorail platform, wait for a train to come, then ride to the CR, you could already be there by walking. The only time it's faster than walking is if you really walk quickly to the platform and either the monorail is sitting there and you get right on and leave, or it's just pulling in and you have little to no wait.

You should be able to make it. It will take you a fair amount of time to exit the Fanstasmic area though! There aren't any buses to any of the Epcot resorts from DHS. Your options are.....bus to Epcot, from DHS, and then walk to the WS from the front of the park. Or.....boat to Epcot from DHS and enter WS at the International Gateway. Or...if there is no boat in sight, just walk it.
If you choose the boat option...the boat will go to the S/D first, then YC/BC, BW and then finally to Epcot. It takes about 25 mins. You could hop off at the YC/BC dock and walk to the IG from there..might save a few mins.
If you choose to walk (again, no boat at the dock, or coming into the dock)...exit DHS, keeping the main bus area to your right, the canal to your immediate left. Head to the left when you get past the large open area...the parking lot is now on your right, canal still on the left. A bit down the sidewalk there will be a sign, pointing down a small slope, to the BW area...take this walkway. When you get to the backside of Luna Park (pool area for BW, with the big pool slide) you can cut through. Enter the pool area, with the building on your right, the slide on your immediate left. Walk through the pool area, and to the main bldg..there will be a tunnel. Go through and out to the Village Green. Go left to get to the boardwalk, then right onto the boardwalk (you can see all of this as soon as you come out from the small tunnel). Stay on the boardwalk, go up the incline, and over the bridge, go right and you're at Epcot/IG. The walk takes under 20 mins.
It's really very easy. I almost always walk it vs taking the boat.

I would be out at the bus stop early....by 6:30! This is when the buses start running, but they tend to run a bit less frequently than the normal resort to park buses. If you miss one, it could be almost 25 mins before another one comes along. When you get to MK, I would just walk over to the CR. By the time you walk to the monorail platform, wait for a train to come, then ride to the CR, you could already be there by walking. The only time it's faster than walking is if you really walk quickly to the platform and either the monorail is sitting there and you get right on and leave, or it's just pulling in and you have little to no wait.

Thanks so much the tips! I like the idea of walking, plus it helps us build up our appetite for dinner! I guess I just assumed there were buses from all parks to all resorts so I'm glad I found that out now!

After doing some more research (aka - playing online) last night, I saw Morimoto Asia will be open this summer and I imagine it will be a much better quality of food than Tokyo Dining. Now I'm thinking we'll do Fantasmic and then take a cab from DHS to DTD for Morimoto's. And then just grab the resort bus back to GF after dinner - although I guess I need to look and see how long the buses run from DTD back to the resorts at night or we may just cab it.

It looks like buses from DTD to the resorts run until 2:00 a.m so we can use that option after dinner or cab it...that's nice they run so late!

Thanks so much the tips! I like the idea of walking, plus it helps us build up our appetite for dinner! I guess I just assumed there were buses from all parks to all resorts so I'm glad I found that out now!

After doing some more research (aka - playing online) last night, I saw Morimoto Asia will be open this summer and I imagine it will be a much better quality of food than Tokyo Dining. Now I'm thinking we'll do Fantasmic and then take a cab from DHS to DTD for Morimoto's. And then just grab the resort bus back to GF after dinner - although I guess I need to look and see how long the buses run from DTD back to the resorts at night or we may just cab it.
Not to give you too many options, or drift too far off topic on a Sticky...

But there's also Kimonos at the Swan, which is easily walkable from DHS. Just in terms of a good restaurant that's easy to reach.

Not to give you too many options, or drift too far off topic on a Sticky...

But there's also Kimonos at the Swan, which is easily walkable from DHS. Just in terms of a good restaurant that's easy to reach.

I'll check that out - I didn't even think about Kimonos! And it's not too far off topic since my goal is to find a Japanese restaurant with easy transportation options from DHS - LOL!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter