• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

jkthorstad said:
When you rent a car, and park at the TTC, would it take longer to get there than if you take a taxi to contemporary? I am not as concerned about the cost. Time is more important to me.

Thanks

When you drive to the TTC, you may have to take a tram to where you get on the monorail or ferry, and you then have to take one those to get to the main gate. Since there could be waiting time involved for both of these steps (plus the actual transportation time, of course), yes, it is quicker to have the taxi drop you off at the Contemporary, because then you only have about a ten minute walk to the main gate.

Thanks for all of the info. Do you think it would be hard to get a taxi at the contemporary between 11:30 pm and 12 am?

Awhile back I read where WDW was going to have park to park buses at least temporarily. Are they still doing it and approximately how far between do they run? Is there somewhere where I can read about this including first and last runs during the day? Thank you for any help!

Awhile back I read where WDW was going to have park to park buses at least temporarily. Are they still doing it and approximately how far between do they run? Is there somewhere where I can read about this including first and last runs during the day? Thank you for any help!
There have always been and always will be park-to-park buses :)

Exceptions: Between Epcot and MK it's two monorail legs; and, in addition to the bus, there is also a boat between the back of Epcot and DHS.

How often? Disney would probably tell you 20 minutes. It may be more or less frequent. They run all day between open parks.

Best way to get from AK to Epcot WS. I'm wondering if it's better/faster to take bus from AK to front of Epcot or the bus to Beach Club and walk in at the WS entrance?

Best way to get from AK to Epcot WS. I'm wondering if it's better/faster to take bus from AK to front of Epcot or the bus to Beach Club and walk in at the WS entrance?
Me personally, I'd go to Beach Club. The only downside is the bus could make stops at some of the other Epcot resorts.

I also remembered that the Beach Club bus could stop at Blizzard Beach too. Maybe that makes it too many stops to be efficient to WS. Hopefully someone can verify this.

so have all park to park buses from the TTC been eliminated? Do I have to to the MK for them?
I think a few pages back someone said buses from MK to other parks will also stop at the TTC before 9:00 am. But otherwise, they've been eliminated.

How do you get from POR to the Trails End restaurant?

Bus to MK, then boat to Fort Wilderness. Be sure to get on the boat to Fort Wilderness, not the one to Wilderness Lodge.

If it's for breakfast before MK opens, the boats may not be running yet from the MK, but will be running from the Contemporary Resort to Ft Wilderness starting at 6:45 a.m. You can walk from the MK bus stop to CR in about 10 minutes, or take the Resort Monorail (starting at 7 a.m.) one stop from the MK station.

To walk, first walk towards the MK entrance to exit the bus station, then circle back to the right and walk under the monorail beam to CR.

Bus to MK, then boat to Fort Wilderness. Be sure to get on the boat to Fort Wilderness, not the one to Wilderness Lodge.

If it's for breakfast before MK opens, the boats may not be running yet from the MK, but will be running from the Contemporary Resort to Ft Wilderness starting at 6:45 a.m. You can walk from the MK bus stop to CR in about 10 minutes, or take the Resort Monorail (starting at 7 a.m.) one stop from the MK station.

To walk, first walk towards the MK entrance to exit the bus station, then circle back to the right and walk under the monorail beam to CR.
Thank you!

Do buses still run to DTD? I will need to get from DTD to MK in a hurry during my trip; what is the best way? I will be staying at OKW so I plan to take the boat to DTD but I will need to go straight to MK in order to make my lunch ressie. Also, does the boat from OKW only stop on the Disney Quest/HOB side of DTD?

Do buses still run to DTD? I will need to get from DTD to MK in a hurry during my trip; what is the best way? I will be staying at OKW so I plan to take the boat to DTD but I will need to go straight to MK in order to make my lunch ressie. Also, does the boat from OKW only stop on the Disney Quest/HOB side of DTD?

If you need to do it in a hurry I would take a taxi. If you really want to bus it take a Contemporary bus and walk from the contemporary but leave 1.5 hours for the journey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter