Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

how do i get to downtown disney from MK or Epcot? Does the TTC run a bus to downtown disney? Thanks in advance!!

how do i get to downtown disney from MK or Epcot? Does the TTC run a bus to downtown disney? Thanks in advance!!

There isn't a bus from the TTC to DTD (or anywhere else, for that matter.)

From MK, you'll walk to the Contemporary and take a bus from there.

From Epcot, you'll walk through the International Gateway to the Beach Club and take a bus from there.

there isn't a bus from the ttc to dtd (or anywhere else, for that matter.)

from mk, you'll walk to the contemporary and take a bus from there.

From epcot, you'll walk through the international gateway to the beach club and take a bus from there.

thank you :)

Hi Everyone!

Still doing last minute rezzie changes here, and I have a Ohana 825am that I'm looking at. Question is, how do I get there in time from WL? Do the ferries work at that hour?

Likewise, how about an 810am at Crystal Palace? (different day, both in first week of December)

Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

Still doing last minute rezzie changes here, and I have a Ohana 825am that I'm looking at. Question is, how do I get there in time from WL? Do the ferries work at that hour?

Likewise, how about an 810am at Crystal Palace? (different day, both in first week of December)

Thanks!
Yes, the boat from WL to CR (but not MK) starts running at 6:45 each morning. At CR, you can board the Resort Monorail to Poly, and do the same or just walk to MK (faster).

What is the best way to get to O'hana's for breakfast from Port Orleans - French Quarter? We have a 7:30 am reservation. One person will be on ECV. Thought about a cab but may not have a ECV that disassembles. Not sure when the Disney buses start running or the quickest way to get to O'hana's if we use the bus system. :confused3

What is the best way to get to O'hana's for breakfast from Port Orleans - French Quarter? We have a 7:30 am reservation. One person will be on ECV. Thought about a cab but may not have a ECV that disassembles. Not sure when the Disney buses start running or the quickest way to get to O'hana's if we use the bus system.
If you were at the bus stop by about 6:25, I think you could probably make it on time, but it's not a sure thing. You would take the bus to MK. Hopefully, with an ecv, the driver would be able to drop you off at Poly, but if not, you'd have to transfer at MK to the Resort Monorail, which starts running at 7 a.m.

Mears does have a limited number of taxis that have a lift for ecv's and non-folding wheelchairs. They carry only 4 passengers. You would want to call Mears no later than the evening before to make a reservation (but sooner would be better), specifically requesting a cab with a lift. Their taxi customer service number is (407) 422-2222.

If you were at the bus stop by about 6:25, I think you could probably make it on time, but it's not a sure thing. You would take the bus to MK. Hopefully, with an ecv, the driver would be able to drop you off at Poly, but if not, you'd have to transfer at MK to the Resort Monorail, which starts running at 7 a.m.

Mears does have a limited number of taxis that have a lift for ecv's and non-folding wheelchairs. They carry only 4 passengers. You would want to call Mears no later than the evening before to make a reservation (but sooner would be better), specifically requesting a cab with a lift. Their taxi customer service number is (407) 422-2222.

I appreciate this great info! There are 3 of us so Mears sounds like a good idea. I'm going to call them & check on the cost. We are worried the bus won't get us there on time. thanks again. :thumbsup2

Get out to the MK bus stop by 6:15ish. The buses start by 6:30 and you want to be on the first bus. Ask the driver if he might be able to drop you off at the Polynesian after he drops at the MK. Most likely you will be told yes. But, if that isn't an option, you will need to hop off at the MK and take the monorail, or boat, over to the Polynesian.

How late do buses go from a resort TO Downtown Disney/West Side?
I see that some of the restaurants and Splitsville are open past midnight. I also see that the buses run FROM Downtown Disney as late as 2:00, but how late can I get TO Westside area?

How late do buses go from a resort TO Downtown Disney/West Side?
I see that some of the restaurants and Splitsville are open past midnight. I also see that the buses run FROM Downtown Disney as late as 2:00, but how late can I get TO Westside area?

First of all, buses don't go to West Side anymore, just Marketplace. It's maybe a 15-20 minute walk from one to the other; use the new walkway along the lake between Paradiso restaurant and the balloon ride for a shortcut.

There's also a boat that runs between a dock on the new walking bridge to SSR, and the West Side dock behind HOB. You can also get off the boat by the balloon ride, if you want to start at the east end of West Side. That boat recently began running extended hours until 1:30 a.m. The sign on the dock should tell you how often it runs; I believe it's about every 10 minutes in the evening and night.

As for the last buses, I'm not sure exactly when they stop picking up reliably at the resorts, but it's at least midnight.

i searched this thread but it is telling me no matches...sorry if this has been asked. what is the quickest way for me to get to studios from hoop dee doo. how long do you think it will take?

i searched this thread but it is telling me no matches...sorry if this has been asked. what is the quickest way for me to get to studios from hoop dee doo. how long do you think it will take?

Depends on the time of day. If MK is still open, take the boat there and then get the bus to DHS. If MK isn't open, get to a resort, and then take their bus to DHS. You could get an internal bus at FtW, and then take the bus from the main stop to DHS.
Figure on at least an hour, unless you get lucky.

If you're going to use a resort as a transfer point, as goofy4tink mentioned, consider Wilderness Lodge or Contemporary Resort. Both are a quick boat ride away from Hoop dee doo.

Great thanks! it will be in the evening. hoop is at 6:15 and i was hoping to hit studios for an hour before they closed at 10pm. and yes MK is open that night for the xmas party.

Not sure is this is the right thread for this question but I'll ask anyway.

My daughter and I are staying at SOG. We are considering flying instead of driving to WDW. We will not be able to leave here until she gets off work so will have to catch a late flight and will arrive about 11:30 pm. I know that the bus from the airport does not service SOG. Is it possible to catch it and ride to the Poly and then we could walk over to SOG?

Not sure is this is the right thread for this question but I'll ask anyway. My daughter and I are staying at SOG. We are considering flying instead of driving to WDW. We will not be able to leave here until she gets off work so will have to catch a late flight and will arrive about 11:30 pm. I know that the bus from the airport does not service SOG. Is it possible to catch it and ride to the Poly and then we could walk over to SOG?
No, unfortunately. Only guests with a room reservation at a Disney-owned resort are eligible to board a DME bus. It's built into the cost of the room.

No, unfortunately. Only guests with a room reservation at a Disney-owned resort are eligible to board a DME bus. It's built into the cost of the room.

I thought as much but figured I'd ask just in case.

Get out to the MK bus stop by 6:15ish. The buses start by 6:30 and you want to be on the first bus. Ask the driver if he might be able to drop you off at the Polynesian after he drops at the MK. Most likely you will be told yes. But, if that isn't an option, you will need to hop off at the MK and take the monorail, or boat, over to the Polynesian.

Thanks so much for letting me know about this option! :thumbsup2

We are doing parks over Thanksgiving and then leaving on a Disney cruise. Friday will be our last day in the parks. We will not have rental car. We'll be taking Happy Limo to Cocoa Beach Friday night. We have a Boma reservation at 7:40. After dinner, we will need to head back to AofA for our Happy Limo pick up because we'll have to get our luggage. Animal Kingdom closes at 8. I know there isn't resort to resort transportation. So which park should I go to in order to catch an AofA bus? I know, I can do any, but which is the closest?

Aslo, we are watching reservations to try to snag a time between 6 and 7 at Boma instead. If AK closes at 8, what is the latest I can expect to get a bus going from AKL to AK?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter