Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Planning to have a drink at Trader Sam's after Wishes, MK closes that night at 9. Will we still be able to take the monorail to the TTC and catch a bus back to AoA? Uber our only option?

TIA
There are no buses between TTC & resorts. Buses from resorts to parks only pick up as long as the park is open.

If all parks have closed for the night, your only no-cost option is a bus to Disney Springs, followed by a bus from there to the resort. Expect travel time to be 60-90 minutes.

Ok. Have read a few different options , how would you get to hoop Dee doo review from animal kingdom and then back to Caribbean beach resort. 615 show. What time would you leave animal kingdom. Thanks.

Hi, How do I get to the Tri-circle D ranch from CSR and back

I would like to go ride the horses at 8 am, what time would you leave to
be there right at 8?

I want to hit the horses at 8 with enough time to get back and shower before
check out!

Thanks guys! I cant wait to enjoy the horses on my last
Disney day!!

Hi, How do I get to the Tri-circle D ranch from CSR and back

I would like to go ride the horses at 8 am, what time would you leave to
be there right at 8?

I want to hit the horses at 8 with enough time to get back and shower before
check out!

Thanks guys! I cant wait to enjoy the horses on my last
Disney day!!
You're probably going to need to take a taxi or uber that early in the morning. I'm not sure how early the boat starts running (I think it's 9am), but you could take a bus to MK and boat from there.

You're probably going to need to take a taxi or uber that early in the morning. I'm not sure how early the boat starts running (I think it's 9am), but you could take a bus to MK and boat from there.

Thank you! I really apprecite it. I was thinking about just getting an uber too!

Thank you! I really apprecite it. I was thinking about just getting an uber too!
In case you didn't know, the riding stable is located next to the bus loop at the Ft. Wilderness Resort check-in area. Rider check-in is at the small building to the right of the bus loop. Uber will be able to drop you off nearby. You will not have to take the internal shuttle bus into the campground.

The main Tri-Circle D Ranch, where the draft horses are stabled, is located at the other end of the campground, in the Settlement area. That's not where you need to go.

In case you didn't know, the riding stable is located next to the bus loop at the Ft. Wilderness Resort check-in area. Rider check-in is at the small building to the right of the bus loop. Uber will be able to drop you off nearby. You will not have to take the internal shuttle bus into the campground.

The main Tri-Circle D Ranch, where the draft horses are stabled, is located at the other end of the campground, in the Settlement area. That's not where you need to go.

Oh Rad! Thank you so much!!
Can I ask you, can you pet the draft horses? I'm a sucker for the petting

Thanks!!

Oh Rad! Thank you so much!!
Can I ask you, can you pet the draft horses? I'm a sucker for the petting

Thanks!!
Sorry, no petting. I think the stall windows are barred.

If you get to the MK while the horse cars are running, the drivers will usually let you pet the horse while the car is laid up in front of the castle.

Ok. Have read a few different options , how would you get to Hoop-Dee-Doo review from animal kingdom and then back to Caribbean beach resort. 615 show. What time would you leave animal kingdom. Thanks.
...one way could be from AK to TTS and then take a bus to Ft. W/WL. Or, you could take a bus from AK to DTD [Disney Springs] and transfer to a bus to Ft. W/WL. If you try the 2nd option, it'd stop at Ft W before continuing on to WL.

Last edited:
Sorry, no petting. I think the stall windows are barred.

If you get to the MK while the horse cars are running, the drivers will usually let you pet the horse while the car is laid up in front of the castle.

Thank you!! I really appreciate the advice!!

We have dinner at Sanaa tonight at 8:30. What is the best way for our family (6) to get back to Pop after?

We have dinner at Sanaa tonight at 8:30. What is the best way for our family (6) to get back to Pop after?
MK is open until midnight. You could take a bus to MK, then a bus to Pop. You can also transfer at DS, but the consensus seems to be that it takes longer to transfer there.

Or you could hire an UberXL or Lyft Plus: either can take up to 6 riders. If you have one child under 6, you could request an UberXL with a car seat. More than one child, you'll need to take the bus.

Last edited:
From AK what is the best way to get to DS? Is there a bus that runs from AK to DS? I'm trying to make a dinner reservation for DS that night, and trying to figure out how much travel time we will need.

...one way could be from AK to TTS and then take a bus to Ft. W/WL. Or, you could take a bus from AK to DTD [Disney Springs] and transfer to a bus to Ft. W/WL. If you try the 2nd option, it'd stop at Ft W before continuing on to WL.
No onsite buses at the TTC. MK is the bus hub in that area now. Also, there's usually no bus between MK and the Fort (WL, yes- and boats to both).

From AK what is the best way to get to DS? Is there a bus that runs from AK to DS? I'm trying to make a dinner reservation for DS that night, and trying to figure out how much travel time we will need.

They now have direct buses from the parks to DS starting at 4pm.

No onsite buses at the TTC. MK is the bus hub in that area now. Also, there's usually no bus between MK and the Fort (WL, yes- and boats to both).
....wow....what happened to the bus stop that was [to the right] of the TTC entrance (as you are looking at TTC)? We had to hop a ride on a bus over there because we had overstayed our visit at MK that evening and the boats from MK to WL had already stopped.....

....wow....what happened to the bus stop that was [to the right] of the TTC entrance (as you are looking at TTC)? We had to hop a ride on a bus over there because we had overstayed our visit at MK that evening and the boats from MK to WL had already stopped.....
Others will have more detail than me, but it was a gradual move away from TTC to MK. The park-to-park buses were the last to make the switch. That was a couple years ago. Now, with occasional exceptions, the TTC is for non-Disney buses.

What time do the park to park buses operate till? Gonna be at animal kingdom, eating there, and wanting to leave for epcot after dinner. AK closes at 7, can I catch a bus to Epcot around 8?

They now have direct buses from the parks to DS starting at 4pm.

Yay! Thank you so much. It's been almost 10 years since I was there last, and at that time they didn't do that. So glad they started doing that. That will cut down so much on travel time. How long do you think it takes to get from AK to DS? If I give ourselves an hour is that enough time I hope....or maybe to much time?

Others will have more detail than me, but it was a gradual move away from TTC to MK. The park-to-park buses were the last to make the switch. That was a couple years ago. Now, with occasional exceptions, the TTC is for non-Disney buses.
....:scratchin.....ahhhhh....I do remember non-Disney buses being there also, but 'further out' in that parking lot....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter