• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official Frozen Sing-Along, Oaken's, Holiday Premium Package Tips, updated 1/5/15

Thank you for starting this thread - we are going after August 17 and I had no idea that the fireworks moved to 9:15 PM then.

For all those going in July, have a great trip and I look forward to hearing all about it :-)

Thanks again!

Has there been any word that they will be doing a themed dining event similar to SWW? Or a fireworks party?

Today are auditions for the singing Anna and Elsa. Best wishes to everyone. Break a leg!

Welcome to all the new posters and lurkers.

Something for everyone to keep in mind is that, for the duration of this event, TSMM, One Man's Dream and Legend of Capt. Jack Sparrow will close at 8:30pm because of safety issues with fireworks fall out.
Also Great Movie Ride will close at 8pm. On this I'm not completely sure but I think they re-open GMR faster than TSMM because there's less fireworks fall out.
On days that the park closes at 10pm they will not re open.
When the park closes later TSMM and Jack Sparrow will most likely open around 10:20pm to 10:30pm

Thanks! I knew you'd know which attractions and their times! Adding that to the first post.

Subbing on the off-chance that they extend this through Sept.

Welcome. I hope so too. Though I'm sure many of the cm for this will also be working MNSSHP. So that might make it tricky to extend.

Subscribing :)

Welcome.

When you say "close" do they dump the queue, or will you be able to get a ride in if you're in line by 8:30?

Also, do you think that 8:30 close will be moved to 8:00 on nights at the end of August when the fireworks move to 9:15?

We'll probably do the fireworks on our first night, but then do something else the second night...an extra TSM ride would be awesome. I just need to know what time to get into line.

If you are already in line, you are fine. They will stop letting people ride, and usher those exiting to exit towards Star Tours and out towards echo lake.

Yes, when fireworks are earlier, the close times will be earlier.

Very interested in checking this all out! Wondering if this has anything to do with why all the park hours were adjusted a week or so ago beginning in July.....maybe to try and even out the demand. Interesting! We are looking forward to it! :)

Welcome. More than likely park hours were adjusted for this new summer event.

Thank you for starting this thread - we are going after August 17 and I had no idea that the fireworks moved to 9:15 PM then.

For all those going in July, have a great trip and I look forward to hearing all about it :-)

Thanks again!

You're welcome. Down deep in the comments of the Disney blog those hours were listed. Welcome to the thread. Look forward to hearing about your experience after hours change.

Has there been any word that they will be doing a themed dining event similar to SWW? Or a fireworks party?

The Disney blog said that announcements from dining and merchandise are soon to come. For sure, I'd expect some food like cupcakes and special beverages to be announced. I'm expecting hot chocolate with different flavors like they had during Christmas at Epcot. Hopefully the hot apple cider with flavors too. I made special trips to World Showcase for the cider with marshmallow. I'd love to see a dessert fireworks and a character meal, but this late in the game, I'm doubtful, but hopeful.

Planned a quick mother-daughter trip for July, and now super excited that Frozen has been added during our stay!! I can't wait for the sing-a-long! Lol

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The Disney blog said that announcements from dining and merchandise are soon to come. For sure, I'd expect some food like cupcakes and special beverages to be announced. I'm expecting hot chocolate with different flavors like they had during Christmas at Epcot. Hopefully the hot apple cider with flavors too. I made special trips to World Showcase for the cider with marshmallow. I'd love to see a dessert fireworks and a character meal, but this late in the game, I'm doubtful, but hopeful.

Thanks so much for the help. Subscribing for sure!

Planned a quick mother-daughter trip for July, and now super excited that Frozen has been added during our stay!! I can't wait for the sing-a-long! Lol

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Welcome

How fun! The sing-along sounds perfect for a singingmom!

Look forward to hearing back about your experience.

Thanks so much for the help. Subscribing for sure!

You're welcome.

I'm getting ready to head out for the day. If anyone sees new announcements, please post them. I will add them to the first post when I get back.

-Ice skating demonstrations.
-Skate rentals available for guests
(nominal fee)

Were did you get this info? I've been dying to know! I hope we can opt to bring out own skates.

EDIT: Just saw a response to my post lol

Jessica on June 26th, 2014 at 2:51 pm
Can guests skate, or are there just demonstrations?
If guests can skate, can I bring my own skates to the park to use?

Shawn Slater on June 27th, 2014 at 9:55 pm
Jessica – In addition to watching Oaken’s very talented cousins show off their ice-skating skills, our Guests are going to be able to skate on the frozen pond at Wandering Oaken’s Frozen Funland, too! For those who wish to participate, skating equipment will be available for rent at the location for a nominal charge.

It appears that if you want to skate there yourself, you must rent skates. The person answering the questions on the Parks Blog did not come out and say you could bring your own skates. He just repeated that skates would be available for rental for a nominal fee. That will be very disappointing to my daughter who would probably like to skate, but not in rentals. I am trying to get a direct answer to this and I will post if I do.

please let me know if you find out. I very much want to skate, but not if I have to use rentals. I have customs for a reason lol

When you say "close" do they dump the queue, or will you be able to get a ride in if you're in line by 8:30?

Also, do you think that 8:30 close will be moved to 8:00 on nights at the end of August when the fireworks move to 9:15?

We'll probably do the fireworks on our first night, but then do something else the second night...an extra TSM ride would be awesome. I just need to know what time to get into line.

You can get in line for TSMM up to 8:30pm then they close the line. They do this to give people a chance to ride and exit by 9:40pm
Yes, they will move it to earlier closing when fireworks change time

Were did you get this info? I've been dying to know! I hope we can opt to bring out own skates.

EDIT: Just saw a response to my post lol

Jessica on June 26th, 2014 at 2:51 pm
Can guests skate, or are there just demonstrations?
If guests can skate, can I bring my own skates to the park to use?

Shawn Slater on June 27th, 2014 at 9:55 pm
Jessica – In addition to watching Oaken’s very talented cousins show off their ice-skating skills, our Guests are going to be able to skate on the frozen pond at Wandering Oaken’s Frozen Funland, too! For those who wish to participate, skating equipment will be available for rent at the location for a nominal charge.

Just found out that guests can bring their own skates and they can skate. :cool1: There will be more detailed information on this in the coming days/weeks.

please let me know if you find out. I very much want to skate, but not if I have to use rentals. I have customs for a reason lol

We are the same way - there is no chance my daughter would skate if she had to use rentals for any number of reasons - which you know too well!!

My son and I have our hockey skates which we may not bring because I don't think my son would want to skate with those yucky princesses (he's 9). I, however, would probably enjoy skating with yucky princesses, much to my daughter's embarrassment.

Will you be there the week of August 20-25? If so, maybe we'll see you on the ice!

We got the F! dining package and are going the last week of August. So that means F! is @ 9:15 and then the fireworks are still @ 9:45? Hopefully that moves out 15 min too. Subbing to the thread to keep an eye on this. Thanks!!

Just found out that guests can bring their own skates and they can skate. :cool1: There will be more detailed information on this in the coming days/weeks.

We are the same way - there is no chance my daughter would skate if she had to use rentals for any number of reasons - which you know too well!!

My son and I have our hockey skates which we may not bring because I don't think my son would want to skate with those yucky princesses (he's 9). I, however, would probably enjoy skating with yucky princesses, much to my daughter's embarrassment.

Will you be there the week of August 20-25? If so, maybe we'll see you on the ice!

Great news! I will be there August 23. Also July 5th! Which is why I feel so time crunched for information. Where did you hear guests can bring skates if you don't mind me asking?

-- nevermind, just saw a comment response on parks blog, C (; I'm Jessica, I'm sure you've seen me asking the same questions! WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS! The skates are going in the bag! :D :D :D

We are going to be there July 4-8 and excited to check out the winter funland and fireworks. Have FPs for the 7th so this should work out nicely. :cool1:

Great news! I will be there August 23. Also July 5th! Which is why I feel so time crunched for information. Where did you hear guests can bring skates if you don't mind me asking?

-- nevermind, just saw a comment response on parks blog, C (; I'm Jessica, I'm sure you've seen me asking the same questions! WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS! The skates are going in the bag! :D :D :D

Yes, as you figured out, I am question asker #118 - right before yours!

The skates are coming with us too!

thanks for posting this! I can't wait to see reviews etc when this all opens. Hoping they extend into fall!

This is all very exciting. Too bad we are flying, there is no way I can imagine packing ice skates for a quick skate...my luggage would be overweight and I need my cute outfits darn it! LOL

We got the F! dining package and are going the last week of August. So that means F! is @ 9:15 and then the fireworks are still @ 9:45? Hopefully that moves out 15 min too. Subbing to the thread to keep an eye on this. Thanks!!

Fant will be at 8:30 and 10:00. Frozen fireworks will be at 9:15. See POST #1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter