Official Frozen at WDW Thread (Updated May 20th) FEA and RS Open June 21

There is still the FP+ madness to get A&E. My last trip, I couldn't get it til day 3, which was more than the 60 days out. I don't know how much there would be a bump in their appeal, but definitely a bump due to new location. New backdrop, etc.

I think old costuming will help. If they went to new costumes, the lines would soar!!

I am concerned about the stampede mentality.

However, I'm reminded that I thought Olaf was going to be incredibly popular, and his line hasn't been long at all.

Wait until the true summer months -- I bet Olaf will be packed.

It will definitely be interesting to see but I think I'm glad we aren't seeing the ride go FP only like I heard rumored.

I think the meet and greet will end up working just fine.

I appreciate your optimism -- but have a completely different feeling. I think it will be chaos all over again. Arghhhhh!

I'm reminded that I thought Olaf was going to be incredibly popular, and his line hasn't been long at all.

I haven't been in the parks since he started meeting, but Olaf's spot seems so out of the way that it may not get a ton of foot traffic or attract people's attention.

It's funny, I'm guessing by 'three rooms of Anna and Elsa' you're talking about the queue - but that got me thinking: what if Disney actually designed three rooms with separate sets of cast members and you would get split off in a way where you'd never realize it? :D

There will be three rooms available for A&E, but how many will Disney staff on a daily basis? :rolleyes1

Does anyone think there's even a remote chance TT goes to a tier 2 with frozen and soarin as tier 1's? I'm sure I'm just wishful thinking ....

Glad I booked Test Track specifically as a potential Frozen placeholder for our July trip! Going to switch it out tomorrow, 7a sharp!

I haven't been in the parks since he started meeting, but Olaf's spot seems so out of the way that it may not get a ton of foot traffic or attract people's attention.

There will be three rooms available for A&E, but how many will Disney staff on a daily basis? :rolleyes1
Just like Macy's with the santas at xmas

It's funny, I'm guessing by 'three rooms of Anna and Elsa' you're talking about the queue - but that got me thinking: what if Disney actually designed three rooms with separate sets of cast members and you would get split off in a way where you'd never realize it? :D
LOL... all the indoor M&G work just like this (shhh.. secrets)

Does anyone think there's even a remote chance TT goes to a tier 2 with frozen and soarin as tier 1's? I'm sure I'm just wishful thinking ....
No, not even a remote chance. LwtL, yes. Illuminations, possibly. TT, no

We leave 6/21/16, but not until 2PM. I did not add a ticket for this day, but now I am wondering if I should add a ticket just to hit EPCOT in the AM for Frozen. We are just two adults, staying at the BC, so walking to EPCOT is not an issue.

I do not think we will be back for several years as the kids are now grown and on their own. I am debating, do I add another day just to ride Frozen?

We leave 6/21/16, but not until 2PM. I did not add a ticket for this day, but now I am wondering if I should add a ticket just to hit EPCOT in the AM for Frozen. We are just two adults, staying at the BC, so walking to EPCOT is not an issue.

I do not think we will be back for several years as the kids are now grown and on their own. I am debating, do I add another day just to ride Frozen?
I would without question. Even though we are back just about monthly. Add in the fact that it may be years, why haven't you already added the day ;)

ETA - maybe I'm not best to give advice. DH and I are planning a weekend trip right now, just to ride Soarin', see the new fireworks show and hit up the night safari and Tiffin's :)

Last edited:

For many reasons. While, yes, things have calmed down from the days when people chased me down in the parks to see where I got my daughter's Elsa dress (I had purchased it from the Disney Store before the movie came out so I didn't have to wait in the crazy long lines and lottery systems within the stores once the movie was out) and a stampede was almost started towards Bippidi Boppiddi Boutique when my daughter came out with her Elsa dress on and parents shouted that the BBB had the dress (which they didn't -- I brought it with us). However, I have been to every one of the new in-park Frozen attractions, M&G, events, etc. over the last 2-3 years and it is always very difficult to obtain reservations or FP+ and the lines/crowds are very long. These things are still difficult to get. With two rooms at Fairytale Hall, the posted waits are still close to an hour. While there may be 3 rooms now at Epct, CM staffing is still a big issue in the parks. Besides, it is a new venue/background and people will want to see/get their pictures with the sisters at this new location. Regardless of the number of times we have already seen A&E, a trip can not go by without my daughter wanting to visit with them. So demand is still relatively high, coupled with the new location/setting and that it is next to the new ride. I just have total lack of confidence that, without FP+, it won't be anything other than really long wait times and craziness.

Last edited:
so for days with extra magic hours does norway open at 8 AM? along with the front of the park? or still 9 AM?

We have 2 epcot days next trip thankfully! I feel like there is just too much at Epcot now that is going to get a crazy long line so fast.

Last edited:
I have to say I'm disappointed that the meet and greet will be standby only. I guess that 8am Akershus reservation will be that much harder to get now :( We're not going until December but I'm hoping that by then some of the hoopla will have died down or Disney will have figured out how to do crowd control. We have 2 days dedicated to Epcot and were planning to get PPO at Akershus for Frozen and then RD day 2 for Joy and Sadness (which also has no FP+ and long lines).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter