****Official February 2016 Check-In Thread****

I hope it's warm enough for swimming! Although really anything over 20C will feel warm to us compared to winter here.

I'm glad to find this thread. We weren't expecting to do another Disney trip any time soon but talked about wanting to go again. I heard a radio ad on Thursday about WestJet's winter sale so did some searching. I cashed out all of my Air Miles and we'll be in Anaheim from January 29-March 6. I'm not sure which 5 days we will spend in the park - probably the weekdays - but we'll figure it out closer to depending on weather. I'm okay with a bit of rain. It keeps the crowds lower and it's better than snow!

We were last in Disneyland in September 2014. Our girls were 2 at the time and they ask to go back. We're going to tell them the morning we leave when we wake them up to go to the airport. They turned 4 yesterday and were asking on the weekend to ride a roller coaster at the mall so hopefully they're feeling brave. They're now tall enough for almost everything!

My priority to-do items are booking the character breakfast we got a voucher for and renting a stroller. I had high hopes of our next trip being stroller free but I don't think it's feasible at barely 4. They can and do walk a ton (haven't used a stroller since our last trip) but between the time chance and one kid having sleep issues lately I want them to be able to ride around a bit.

Headed to Disneyland for the first time ever! We'll be staying at the Grand Californian club level from 1/31 - 2/5 (Technically a January check-in I suppose, but our park days will be in February!). I'm so excited to finally make the pilgrimage to where it all began!

Headed to Disneyland for the first time ever! We'll be staying at the Grand Californian club level from 1/31 - 2/5 (Technically a January check-in I suppose, but our park days will be in February!). I'm so excited to finally make the pilgrimage to where it all began!

Congratulations. Enjoy your trip.

We are going feb 13-17. I was hoping kids in CA didnt have that week off but oh well! We were last there in 2010. I havent told our kids yet. Will do soon. We are stsying at paradise pier.

Going Feb 8-10 for a belated anniversary trip with my husband. Kids staying home with grandparents. Looking forward to just chilling at my home park, and taking in some of the Chinese New Year and Mardi Gras events.

We decided to splurge in spite of the exchange rate and will be taking our girls (both 4) to BBB and then for lunch with the princesses on our third day. I'm excited to see their reaction to all of this but am holding out to tell them. It will be worth it to see the reaction when we wake them up to leave for the airport.

I got my suitcases out of storage today.....wooohoooooo! 24 sleeps✈
Woohoo! I can't get anything out until the day before we leave so as to not give away the surprise. It's killing me! I'm also waiting for the weather forecast to decided what to pack.

We have always worn yoga pants or jeans in February. T-shirts in the day time and a hoodie at night. If you have a small blanket that will go into your backpack that all of you can sit on...I would take it. When the sun goes down it gets cool fast and having something between your backside and the concrete or pavement will make you all more comfortable. I recommend taking toques and magic mitts as well.
In 2013, we rented a cabaña at the Grand California on Superbowl Sunday. We swam till game time and then a cold front rolled through. We were in our winter coats and the staff brought us blankets and all the walls were zipped up. Prepare for anything when it comes to the weather in February. The next time we had a huge thunderstorm with a boatload of hail.

Last edited:
I'm not terribly worried about being cold. It's all relative! I'm more concerned about rain. I don't mind it, but I would like to pack appropriately. Never would have thought to take toques for us. Maybe for the kids. I usually don't break one out until -15 or so unless it's quite windy. What are these magic mitts you mentioned?

I'm not terribly worried about being cold. It's all relative! I'm more concerned about rain. I don't mind it, but I would like to pack appropriately. Never would have thought to take toques for us. Maybe for the kids. I usually don't break one out until -15 or so unless it's quite windy. What are these magic mitts you mentioned?
Just the .99 cent mitts from Walmart..... and I never wear a toque but my girl did. I find that California has a lot more humidity than Alberta in February.

I think the average sand dune has more humidity than Alberta in February. I'm looking forward to the higher humidity so my hands heal a bit. For whatever reason the dry air has bothered me more than usual this year.

What sort of blanket do you usually take? I found a super thin one on Amazon that folds up small and will probably have it delivered to the hotel.

Hello!! I run the 2016 Check in thread and thought Id pass on the Feb list i have going :)
February
Karenann* 2/1-8
Patmcduck 2/3-10 GC/VCV
Mybestieismickey 2/7-11 DI&S
Rwhistler92 2/7-13 DI&S
Disneyluv111 2/10-17
Susie632/10-13 BWPPI
Fantasia73 2/14-20 DLH
Tlovesdis 2/15
Cindyfan 2/16 DI&S
Binareneee2/21-25 TBD
Mikeymike 2/21-27 Courtyard Anaheim
Belle2006beauty 2/22-27 tropicana
Lizzys 2/24-28 red lion
Sherilaine 2/26-3/3 HOJO
Mindylee847 2/28-3/4 DLH
Talkdisnerdytome 2/29-3/3 GCH
MomsmailTropicana
Jenng1983 tropicana

First I've come across this thread. Also first I heard that some Northern California schools have the week off. Drat. We were coming from the East Coast on our break hoping to miss the crowds. I guess the crowds won't be quite as low as I hoped - though I know that Northern California won't necessarily bring a ton of bodies coming down for the break. (I wasn't really worried about East Coasters - those of us coming to DLR are pretty rare.)

We are going mid-week (2/16-18) with 3 nights at the VGC in a 1-bedroom. Hopefully the worst of the crowds will be on the weekend, as we don't start our DLR portion off until Tuesday. There's so much stuff going to be closed its terrible, but we've been before so I think we'll be fine. First time staying DVC and so excited to be in the Grand Californian! I tried to get in at the 7-month mark and was shut out. Our waitlist finally came through just a week ago! We've stayed on Harbor Boulevard before, and would be perfectly happy there - but VGC can't be beat - especially at the price!

We will be there Feb 12-18. First 2 nights at the BWPPI but one night I'm going to go try out the new Courtyard so I will do a split stay. Then we all move over to the Grand CA for our DVC stay from the 14-18. We are bringing 6 kids this time. We just spent Christmas there and can't wait to be back!! Hope they do something special for Valentine's day.

Hello!! I run the 2016 Check in thread and thought Id pass on the Feb list i have going :)
February
Karenann* 2/1-8
Patmcduck 2/3-10 GC/VCV
Mybestieismickey 2/7-11 DI&S
Rwhistler92 2/7-13 DI&S
Disneyluv111 2/10-17
Susie632/10-13 BWPPI
Fantasia73 2/14-20 DLH
Tlovesdis 2/15
Cindyfan 2/16 DI&S
Binareneee2/21-25 TBD
Mikeymike 2/21-27 Courtyard Anaheim
Belle2006beauty 2/22-27 tropicana
Lizzys 2/24-28 red lion
Sherilaine 2/26-3/3 HOJO
Mindylee847 2/28-3/4 DLH
Talkdisnerdytome 2/29-3/3 GCH
MomsmailTropicana
Jenng1983 tropicana

Oops apparently it's not that kind of check in ☺️

Just booked Feb 1-4 for my annual birthday trip with my mom, and I couldn't be more excited! I wasn't sure the trip would happen because of my work schedule, but it all worked out so now I'm getting into Disney mode. We usually go to Blue Bayou for my birthday dinner, but does anyone have other restaurant recommendations?

Hello! My sister and I will be at the DLR Feb. 3 - 5 (with perhaps a quick pop-in on Feb. 6). I wanted to get there before the 60th celebration officially ends. This will be my sister's first-ever visit to the DLR and I can't wait to be her tourguide! We are doing a split stay between the Park Vue Inn and PPH.

I didn't know until recently about the Blue Bayou PTN dining package. Very much would like one for Thursday, Feb. 4 (any timeslot is fine). Someone on another DIS Disneyland thread suggested I post to this thread that if anyone plans to cancel a BB PTN reservation for Feb. 4 to please post here.

3 days to go!

I am so excited to do things that were closed this time last year. Pooh, Splash Mt., the castle.

Also going to Carthay circle for the first time and BFF bought DCA tour for us to go on as a Christmas Present.

So excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter