Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted) PART II

RE: reservations

RE: characters

As far as I know, Disney has never implied a Character meal, the rumor began because the images have Beast and Lumiere in them. I do not expect Characters to appear at Be Our Guest.

To me, that's really disappointing...but I guess they don't have any very large dining venues that don't carry the character dining premium...

Some new construction pictures over at DaMouse.com that show the base from the old Dumbo has been moved next to the new one. It's looking more likely that both Dumbos will be ready when the area opens on March 12th.
DSC02513-600x398.jpg

Wow this one looks so weird without Dumbo there.:confused:

We just booked for Nov25th thru Dec 5th:cool1::cool1: Does anyone know what will be open in the Fantsyland expansion? TIA and can't wait to start planning!:thumbsup2

I think it should be noted that some of the characters that are rumored to be appearing at Pete's Silly Sideshow are as follows:

-Pete
-Oswald
-Clarabelle & Horace
-the 3 Little Pigs
-Goofy

I think it should be noted that some of the characters that are rumored to be appearing at Pete's Silly Sideshow are as follows:

-Pete
-Oswald

-Clarabelle & Horace
-the 3 Little Pigs
-Goofy

Those are awesome. My DD will flip over them.

Wow I peeked through some cracks at doors and the expansion looks like a big mud hole. If they can get part of it cleaned up for opening in March then wow! lol

So I am going to be at WDW from March 7-11th and was planning on being at MK on the 9th. What do you think is the possibility of them doing a soft opening for the FL expansion that is planned to open on the 11th?

So I am going to be at WDW from March 7-11th and was planning on being at MK on the 9th. What do you think is the possibility of them doing a soft opening for the FL expansion that is planned to open on the 11th?

The park calendar lists Dumbo under refurb until March 11th, which would mean it would re-open on the 12th. Considering how much work they have left to do I doubt it will open earlier and wouldn't even be surprised if it missed the 12th date. If you want to have the best change of seeing it I would consider going to MK on the 11th.

What is that spire in pics 3, 26, and 33? It's over by Eric's castle. I've never seen it before. I even went back and looked at some previous pictures and I haven't seen it before. Any ideas?

It's the spire/tower from the end of the bridge/balcony.

798537_1312781448280_full.jpg

Image from fanpop.com

It's the spire/tower from the end of the bridge/balcony.

798537_1312781448280_full.jpg

Image from fanpop.com

I considered that at first, but the 'roof' of the spire is blue, which doesn't go with Eric's Castle at all. And that roof looks like a completed roof, not like it's waiting on paint.

Could be part of the new castle walls... seems close to the construction wall and stylistically closer to the castle walls than the Little Mermaid stuff. Just a guess, though...

I considered that at first, but the 'roof' of the spire is blue, which doesn't go with Eric's Castle at all. And that roof looks like a completed roof, not like it's waiting on paint.

I questioned it at first, too, for it not matching, but I can't see it being anything else from where it's sitting. Maybe someone didn't match the paint correctly? They still have plenty of time to notice (or maybe they want it that way), but it does seem like it just 'appeared' at the end. So, who knows?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter