OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally go around to calling the cake hotline again about the custom cake I want for BoG ressie in Aug. They again, gave me the general info #. so, once again I tried it. Seemed like this woman knew what she was doing took the info of the ressie, who the cake was for, what flavor we wanted. Then in her opinion that was the end of the conversation! I explained again what I wanted. Very specifically this time. to which she said, oh, you need to speak to the cake hotline & gave me that number again. Then I couldn't call because the birthday girl to be came into the room. So, I am about to try again.
I will let you know what happens just to avoid anyone else getting this run around.

I finally go around to calling the cake hotline again about the custom cake I want for BoG ressie in Aug. They again, gave me the general info #. so, once again I tried it. Seemed like this woman knew what she was doing took the info of the ressie, who the cake was for, what flavor we wanted. Then in her opinion that was the end of the conversation! I explained again what I wanted. Very specifically this time. to which she said, oh, you need to speak to the cake hotline & gave me that number again. Then I couldn't call because the birthday girl to be came into the room. So, I am about to try again.
I will let you know what happens just to avoid anyone else getting this run around.

I thought you couldn't get custom cakes for BOG. Did that change?

Does anybody have a picture if the figurine options for Disneyland?? Are they like cheap plastic or edible?? We were looking into Tinkerbell specifically

Is it possible to have a cake delivered to your room, and if so, do we have to be there to accept it? We will be staying at CBR, and I was hoping to come back from the parks for a midday break and have the cake in the room as a surprise.

Is it possible to have a cake delivered to your room, and if so, do we have to be there to accept it? We will be staying at CBR, and I was hoping to come back from the parks for a midday break and have the cake in the room as a surprise.

We are getting a cake delivered to our room at the Poly. We are staying CL so not sure if that has anything to do with it, but they said it was no problem. This also might be a deluxe thing.

Sent email to Chef Brian at CR private dining on Tuesday afternoon about cake for first night of our honeymoon in August and have yet to hear back. I go to work before they open and work till after they close, so limited to email communication. Sigh. Want to be able to check this off my list. Was really excited, but the wait to hear back is making the excitement wane.

Sent email to Chef Brian at CR private dining on Tuesday afternoon about cake for first night of our honeymoon in August and have yet to hear back. I go to work before they open and work till after they close, so limited to email communication. Sigh. Want to be able to check this off my list. Was really excited, but the wait to hear back is making the excitement wane.

I've been waiting to hear back from the cake order email since Monday. Maybe they're swamped or something?

Has anyone every ordered a cake for someone after finishing the Princess Half Marathon? Thinking of surprising my friend with one at our "lets-spoil-ourselves-rotten-we-just-finished-13.1-miles" dinner at California Grill after the race...

Just not sure how to design it...maybe incorporated the tiara image, some princessess, 13.1. Im terrible with coming up with stuff like this... I know its quite a ways off but all this planning is making the time go by much faster :rotfl2:

Has anyone every ordered a cake for someone after finishing the Princess Half Marathon? Thinking of surprising my friend with one at our "lets-spoil-ourselves-rotten-we-just-finished-13.1-miles" dinner at California Grill after the race...

Just not sure how to design it...maybe incorporated the tiara image, some princessess, 13.1. Im terrible with coming up with stuff like this... I know its quite a ways off but all this planning is making the time go by much faster :rotfl2:

I did. It was to celebrate my sister's 50th birthday. (She wanted to walk a half-marathon before she turned 50, so our sister-in-law and I did it too, made it into a girls' weekend. Totally awesome!) I asked for Mickey on the cake, and it had an image of a running Mickey on top. If you go back in this thread to the end of Feb time-frame, I posted a picture of it. It turned out super cute. We had dinner at Whispering Canyon, so it came from the Contemporary bakery (Chef Brian). It was chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse filling. Delicious!!

I'll go back and see if I can find the picture and copy it to the post below.

So I have tried twice to try to price out a cake for delivery to the Grand Floridian for the end of August and both times they did not want to talk to me until the last week of August closer to the date and have not budged whenever I told them I'm trying to budget my money appropriately and wanted to know the price I'd be looking at long before a freaking week out from the cake. I didn't have this issue ordering for mid-May in mid-April, and now I'm having this issue. Is this typical? I recently got a quote for the same cake on the same date no problem from the Contemporary and am now considering just ordering it there if GF private dining is gonna give me issues about it.

So I have tried twice to try to price out a cake for delivery to the Grand Floridian for the end of August and both times they did not want to talk to me until the last week of August closer to the date and have not budged whenever I told them I'm trying to budget my money appropriately and wanted to know the price I'd be looking at long before a freaking week out from the cake. I didn't have this issue ordering for mid-May in mid-April, and now I'm having this issue. Is this typical? I recently got a quote for the same cake on the same date no problem from the Contemporary and am now considering just ordering it there if GF private dining is gonna give me issues about it.

I'm not sure if the response is typical but I was always under the impression cake orders were done no more than 2 or 3 weeks out. You could try and get a quote with a closer date and tell them plans changed and officially order it later maybe?

Can you order decorated/themed mini cakes? We'll be celebrating our twins' second bday and I'd like them each to get their own cake and but two of the small cakes would just be too much food. I was thinking of having them the night we eat at Captains Grill (we're also staying at Yacht Club).

Can you order decorated/themed mini cakes? We'll be celebrating our twins' second bday and I'd like them each to get their own cake and but two of the small cakes would just be too much food. I was thinking of having them the night we eat at Captains Grill (we're also staying at Yacht Club).

I ordered a pirate themed mini cake. I have seen pictures of others somewhere. Just be warned there is only so much surface area so it is harder to convey certain things. I loved the pirate one for my DH, it was cute but not too over the top

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter