• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks lurkyloo.... I did call back and got someone else. I ended up ordering my oldest DD a white two tier mini cake with little (baby blue) mickey heads going around it and for an add'l $10, they'll put a graduation cap as a topper. They'll write the congrats on her plate. Grand total $45. :).... I also called the GF and left a message for someone to call me back about ordering my youngest DD a Tinkerbell specialty cake for her birthday. Wish me luck! Thanks again!!

Hooray! :banana: Best of luck! :goodvibes

Does the Boardwalk Bakery have Mini Cakes on hand or do they have to be ordered in advance?

:banana:

ToT cake I ordered from Boardwalk Bakery & was delivered to OKW villa.
It was a 10 inch, chocolate, white chocolate mousse filling & delicious! Price was $100.

FamilyDisneyMay2012022.jpg

FamilyDisneyMay2012031.jpg

FamilyDisneyMay2012033.jpg

Exactly—it's the "sanding" process that adds up. :thumbsup2

Thanks! That's kind of what I figured. On a related note, do you happen to know if they have cake size restrictions with this one? The wedding cakes where it's a topper, seem to have 6" round toppers, but that's also a wedding cake. Just want to see if we're going to have to go with an 8"...which means a lot of cake snacking over the course of the trip. :goodvibes

Doing the happy dance! :banana: Just called Contemporary Private Dining and arranged for the chocolate monorail to be deliverd to our room at Bay Lake Tower on arrival day! It's a white chocolate monorail-- 3 cars, two ends and a middle. And they stand it up on a track! It also comes with 8 chocolate gourmet truffles for $40. Very excited. Now how am I going to keep quiet so I can suprise my family??? Thanks so much lurkyloo for the info!

I am totally going to copy this and order it. My son will go NUTS over it. Off to look up the Private dining number at CR!

MamaCrush said:
Doing the happy dance! Just called Contemporary Private Dining and arranged for the chocolate monorail to be deliverd to our room at Bay Lake Tower on arrival day! It's a white chocolate monorail-- 3 cars, two ends and a middle. And they stand it up on a track! It also comes with 8 chocolate gourmet truffles for $40. Very excited. Now how am I going to keep quiet so I can suprise my family??? Thanks so much lurkyloo for the info!
I am totally going to copy this and order it. My son will go NUTS over it. Off to look up the Private dining number at CR!

We have ordered this before at BLT. Loved it. Here is a picture.

2z99qn6.jpg

Does the Boardwalk Bakery have Mini Cakes on hand or do they have to be ordered in advance?

:banana:

I have seen them in the case before, but I would bet they were custom ordered and just waiting to be picked up. Always safer to call ahead! :thumbsup2

Thanks! That's kind of what I figured. On a related note, do you happen to know if they have cake size restrictions with this one? The wedding cakes where it's a topper, seem to have 6" round toppers, but that's also a wedding cake. Just want to see if we're going to have to go with an 8"...which means a lot of cake snacking over the course of the trip. :goodvibes

They should be able to fit it on a 6-incher cuz that's usually the size they put at the top of 3-tiered wedding cakes. :thumbsup2

I am having trouble tracking down who I need to talk to in regards to ordering a cake for an Illuminations Cruise. THe options on the menu list YC and then restaurants to order from but no "for other options please press ___". Should I go ahead and go through the menu like I am ordering for one of the YC restaurants or is it easier to go through Fine Dining at YC?

Thanks!!!

Both go to the same place, but to make it easier, here's the direct number for Private Dining: 1-407-934-3105. :thumbsup2

Forgive me if this has been addressed before, but how long does it usually take to hear back from anyone? I called two days ago to leave a message, but haven't gotten a reply yet. I'm hoping for something simple to pick up during our stay at POR. In previous years, I've always been able to speak to someone right anyway at other locations, so I'm a little lost on what I should be expecting. :confused3

Both go to the same place, but to make it easier, here's the direct number for Private Dining: 1-407-934-3105. :thumbsup2

TY! As always, you are wonderful, lurkyloo!!! After a couple transfers, I got to a very helpful person who is forwarding my info on and I'm hoping to hear back soon! Getting very excited - and it's not even my cake!

Ok, the time has finally come to get ready to order the cake, and need some advice.

V is 5. Her birthday was May 18, but her celebration will be at Disney. We are going to Park Fare Friday July 6 for dinner. I am planning to order her a birthday cake.
6 inch yellow cake with milk chocolate Mousse filling. Question: I've never had this filling before, would a 5 year old like it, or would we be better off with chocolate buttercream? What would taste better?

I am thinking I'd like a buttercream cake over a fondant cake. The fondant looks nicer of course, but buttercream is cheaper! In others experience, do the buttercream cakes come out ok? Or because I am asking for a custom cake, does it have to be fondant?

It will be Cinderella themed. I haven't really seen a cinderella cake that I LOVE and want replicated, so I think I am just going to tell Pat my preferences or must haves and go with it.

I don't want the flat image screen print (is that what it is called?) on the top? The other option is the standing white chocolate flat image (what is that one called) or the white chocolate cinderella figurine. I am honestly leaning more towards buying a figurine set of Cinderella and asking for some room left for them to be placed.

V's favourite color is pink so there must be some pink on there, I was wondering if just asking for a pink/white cake would be too plain. I know I'm worried if I am not specific enough I won't be happy with the result, but at the same time I just don't know what else to ask for on it. Any suggestions from anyone else?

I'd appreciate any suggestions and help
thanks
Erin

Forgive me if this has been addressed before, but how long does it usually take to hear back from anyone? I called two days ago to leave a message, but haven't gotten a reply yet. I'm hoping for something simple to pick up during our stay at POR. In previous years, I've always been able to speak to someone right anyway at other locations, so I'm a little lost on what I should be expecting. :confused3

It may be that the person you need to talk to had the last 2 days off, but I wouldn't feel embarrassed about calling again until I got somebody. :goodvibes

TY! As always, you are wonderful, lurkyloo!!! After a couple transfers, I got to a very helpful person who is forwarding my info on and I'm hoping to hear back soon! Getting very excited - and it's not even my cake!

Hooray! :banana:

I am planning to order her a birthday cake.
6 inch yellow cake with milk chocolate Mousse filling. Question: I've never had this filling before, would a 5 year old like it, or would we be better off with chocolate buttercream? What would taste better?

Disney's "mousse" filling is more like ganache than the light, fluffy stuff I associate with the term "mousse"... I prefer buttercream's texture and super-sweetness, but, honestly, I don't think a 5-year-old will know the difference.

In others experience, do the buttercream cakes come out ok? Or because I am asking for a custom cake, does it have to be fondant?

No, you can have whatever kind you want with a custom cake. The GF's buttercream cakes look very nice, if closer to a supermarket cake than the fondant versions.

I don't want the flat image screen print (is that what it is called?) on the top? The other option is the standing white chocolate flat image (what is that one called) or the white chocolate cinderella figurine. I am honestly leaning more towards buying a figurine set of Cinderella and asking for some room left for them to be placed.

I'm with you on that one! :thumbsup2

I waited for over 2 weeks!!! Still didn't hear so I placed another call and the emails started:) I finally got the cake I wanted and had the writing put on it:)

I waited for over 2 weeks!!! Still didn't hear so I placed another call and the emails started:) I finally got the cake I wanted and had the writing put on it:)

Two weeks?? Yikes. Maybe I should've started this a little earlier. The birthdays we're celebrating are all next week! I have a feeling we'll be skipping a Disney cake again this year. :sad2: This was so much easier a few years ago!

And success! Cakes ordered, prices beyond reasonable... now to wait!!!

Two weeks?? Yikes. Maybe I should've started this a little earlier. The birthdays we're celebrating are all next week! I have a feeling we'll be skipping a Disney cake again this year. :sad2: This was so much easier a few years ago!

I would still try if you are interested.
I put in my first phone call today and heard back from someone within 6 hours. The first person I spoke with was with Private Dining and took information and said I should hear from someone 'soon'. I totally expected it to be a day or two but I got a call around 6p tonight and another wonderful CM walked me through the process to make sure they got all the information they needed to make some magic.

Our event is three weeks out, but she was impressed I had called this far in advance.

Good luck if you decide to go for it!!!

Disney's "mousse" filling is more like ganache than the light, fluffy stuff I associate with the term "mousse"... I prefer buttercream's texture and super-sweetness, but, honestly, I don't think a 5-year-old will know the difference.

No, you can have whatever kind you want with a custom cake. The GF's buttercream cakes look very nice, if closer to a supermarket cake than the fondant versions.

I'm with you on that one! :thumbsup2

Thanks Lurky Loo, I think I'm going to go chocolate buttercream filling, V loves chocolate cake and I really don't like chocolate cake so it's a good balance I think.

Now if I could just figure out how I want the cake decorated :confused:

Hi! Just a quick ? We are arriving on June 13th for a b'day trip for dd (turning 6)! Her actual b'day is June 14th and we have a BBB apt that am followed by Bkfst at CRT! I had thought about doing the birthday cake/pkg there, but that much sugar at bkfst (with pasteries/fruit, waffles. etc) is not that appetizing!:confused3 Plus I did not want a sugar meltdown/letdown later on!:scared1: So, I called GF yesterday about ordering the Slipper desert for our 1900 PF ressie for the night of the 14th! I had to leave a message, but I got a call back today!:banana: I gave our 1900 PF dining time and ressie # , the lady I spoke with was very nice and helpful, but should I call again just to check?:confused: I just don't want to be disappointed if it does not come!:eek: Thanks for any insight!

Hooray! :banana: Best of luck! :goodvibes

Just wanted to share that Pat at the GF called me back. She said she has a very nice Tinkerbell cake that they can make for my youngest DD's birthday. She mentioned that has green fondant with vines and flowers and they'll put a 3D white chocolate Tinkerbell as a topper. I wanted a 6" cake but she said it would have to be an 8" - no big deal I guess, just extra cake. What I really wanted to share was that I thought it was funny when I asked her if she had a picture of it that I could see and she told me to look on the DIS, because there was a lovely picture of what it looked like. If it's the one I'm thinking it is, it should be beautiful. Can't wait!

If you are eating in MK go to this email: magickingdomcakes@Disney.com.
Oncec you have emailed them, someone will get right back to you. Tell them what you are looking for and she will send you all the cake info as well as a form to fill out and submit:) Good luck and Happy cake

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter