OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a GORGEOUS cake! I WANT IT! we're going to wdw for DD's 15th birthday next month, and eating lunch at crystal palace at MK...wonder if we could get this cake delivered there?

Call Private Dining at the Contemporary (see post #2) to order. Tell them you have inspiration photos of the cake that you want to email to the pastry chef and they'll give you his address. He'll quote you a price, then you'll call Private Dining back to place the order.

chocolateMinnie said:
i know it's a lot of money but you got every cent worth with that beautiful Ariel cake - thanks for posting.

Honestly I was pleasantly surprised with $80. I thought I would have been more.

Call Private Dining at the Contemporary (see post #2) to order. Tell them you have inspiration photos of the cake that you want to email to the pastry chef and they'll give you his address. He'll quote you a price, then you'll call Private Dining back to place the order.

THANK YOU! I will do that!

Thought you guys would get a kick out of this Fantasia cake created by the Grand Floridian bakery for a Disney wedding...

FantasiaCake.jpg

FantasiaCake2.jpg

That's exactly what I just did today. They are very nice and helpful. I can't wait to see our cake. :)

We are going for my DH's 40th birthday in October... He loves watches, so I already purchased a beautiful watch from Disney Parks that I was going to surprise him with. Now this thread has me wondering if I can incorporate a cake somehow into presenting him with the watch...

Any good ideas?

i finally got someone today at the cake line for the contemporary. the guy i talked with basically was all, you cant email the chef, i take the details and i give it to them. i insisted and finally got a generic email and sarah emailed me, not chef brian everyone talks about. i am not even sure after the emails i know what im getting. i ordered a mickey mouse clubhouse cake (i have a topper and gave them dimensions) its a 6 in marble with buttercream. they are putting a banner and stars on it? i dont even know what this means (well the banner anyhow) and does 36.00 sound right? i just am very unsure after today what im getting....

isnt there normally a filling? everyones on here seems to have a filling. i asked for chocolate mousse but it was never brought back up in any communication. am i just missing something? should i email again?

i finally got someone today at the cake line for the contemporary. the guy i talked with basically was all, you cant email the chef, i take the details and i give it to them. i insisted and finally got a generic email and sarah emailed me, not chef brian everyone talks about. i am not even sure after the emails i know what im getting. i ordered a mickey mouse clubhouse cake (i have a topper and gave them dimensions) its a 6 in marble with buttercream. they are putting a banner and stars on it? i dont even know what this means (well the banner anyhow) and does 36.00 sound right? i just am very unsure after today what im getting....

isnt there normally a filling? everyones on here seems to have a filling. i asked for chocolate mousse but it was never brought back up in any communication. am i just missing something? should i email again?

It sounds like you are getting a very simple supermarket-style buttercream cake with buttercream frosting between the layers and maybe a white chocolate banner on top (like the one on the Ariel cake on page 40 of this thread).

I would email a VERY detailed description of what you want: the size, the cake flavor, the filling flavor and the frosting flavor, plus what you want it to look like. The best would be if you could provide photos of a similar cake you like (Google and Flickr work great for this).

If you want a fancy cake with fondant covering and fondant stars, you need to specify this. The price will be much higher.

Will post pics soon. We ordered a coral reef/aquarium/scuba divers tank from Yacht club bakery to be delivered to the Coral Reef restaurant. It was amazing!
$120.00 for a 10in fondant covered cake, beautifully decorated with sharks, coral, fish, scuba diving equipment, marble fondant to look like water.

Chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting...yumm...so good and moist.

heidijanesmith said:
Will post pics soon. We ordered a coral reef/aquarium/scuba divers tank from Yacht club bakery to be delivered to the Coral Reef restaurant. It was amazing!
$120.00 for a 10in fondant covered cake, beautifully decorated with sharks, coral, fish, scuba diving equipment, marble fondant to look like water.

Chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting...yumm...so good and moist.

Can't wait to see it!

It sounds like you are getting a very simple supermarket-style buttercream cake with buttercream frosting between the layers and maybe a white chocolate banner on top (like the one on the Ariel cake on page 40 of this thread).

I would email a VERY detailed description of what you want: the size, the cake flavor, the filling flavor and the frosting flavor, plus what you want it to look like. The best would be if you could provide photos of a similar cake you like (Google and Flickr work great for this).

If you want a fancy cake with fondant covering and fondant stars, you need to specify this. The price will be much higher.

yeah that is what i was feeling. i dont want fondant, because why have the added expense when we dont like the taste and would be just pitching it...
my email with the picture of the topper said the size flavor, frosting flavor filling ect, so i just am not so sure. i guess i need to email again and get this 100% straight.

Hi, I have a questions.

I found out from reading Dis that there are no longer Oreo Bon Bons on the menu at Cape May for Dinner. We are gonig there on our first night to celebrate DH's big bday. I wanted to order him a plate of Bon Bons with a Happy Birthday message, but I called the number listed on the first page of this thread and there was no answer no voice mail. Do you know who I need to call? the number I tried was 407-934-3105

TIA

Does anyone knoe how the cakes at AOA are?

Custom cakes at AOA come from the Yacht & Beach Club.... so they're as good as Yacht & Beach Club cakes! :teeth:

Hi, I have a questions.

I found out from reading Dis that there are no longer Oreo Bon Bons on the menu at Cape May for Dinner. We are gonig there on our first night to celebrate DH's big bday. I wanted to order him a plate of Bon Bons with a Happy Birthday message, but I called the number listed on the first page of this thread and there was no answer no voice mail. Do you know who I need to call? the number I tried was 407-934-3105

TIA

That's the correct number. I called just now and got through to someone in Private Dining. Maybe try again?

I spoke with private dinning and I ordered a plate of Oreo Bon Bons with a happy bday message to my DH at Cape May for $10!!

Wanted to share our experience...I had posted last month about getting a cake made for our DD's birthday. I decided to go with a Pirate cake after seeing pics on this thread. Our cake was quite the hit! We stayed at the Poly and dined at Kona Cafe the evening we arrived. We told the CMs at the podium that the cake was a surprise and if they could help keep it quiet and bring it out when we were finished with our entrees that would be great. Our DD was sitting with her back to the kitchen area and had no idea that my DH and I could see our server coming with the cake! She was so pleased, and we were too!

Not only did our fantastic server bring out her cake, he came back with a special birthday cupcake with a lit candle because he felt that our custom cake was too beautiful to ruin with a candle. She was so thrilled, and needless to say, the manager came over to us too when we were leaving and I told him what a great job the CMs did serving and keeping our secret until the end. He said he wanted to meet us because we were the talk of the kitchen.

Our cake was pricey, around $200, but it was eaten. We found the cake to be good, and Pat at the GF did a good job. My credit card was not charged until that night, she did warn me that she wasn't sure when the charge would hit, she said it could be before we arrive or that night, but to watch for the charge. I wouldn't lie, Pat did seem a bit loopy when I made my call, but my cake was at the restaurant when I needed it, and it did look great and taste good too.

Mary T in PA said:
My credit card was not charged until that night, she did warn me that she wasn't sure when the charge would hit, she said it could be before we arrive or that night, but to watch for the charge. I wouldn't lie, Pat did seem a bit loopy when I made my call, but my cake was at the restaurant when I needed it, and it did look great and taste good too.

Awesome cake! I have to say I had just about the same experience. We had our cake at the GFC for lunch. I was ecstatic with our Ariel cake! Pat never took my cc # at any point in the call. The filling was screwed up (even after she told me it was corrected) but what we got was amazingly delicious so didn't care one bit. The design was beautiful, way better than what I tried to come up with myself. I would give my experience a 100%. Definatly would do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter