Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome.

That mini cake rocks?

How much was it.

$35 before tax, but that was after I talked the GF down a bit. ;) Originally they quoted $45.

I think I would be ok with the mickey head...I see there are chocolate pieces on the side. Are these crunches of actual chocolate?

I believe I've read that they are chocolatey crunchy crispy thingies (that's the technical term :teeth: )

oh and any idea how much that mini cake with castle on top would be? And could I get dark chocolate instead of white?

$25–$30; As the previous poster said, they don't make the castle in anything other than white chocolate, unfortunately. But the cake itself can be ordered in vanilla with white chocolate mousse filling, chocolate with chocolate mousse, or cheesecake.

We are celebration central for our upcoming trip so I am trying to commemorate each but not go nuts... well, a little nuts. ;)

Are mini cskes limited to resorts? Could one be brought to cRt for instance? It is going to be BIL and SIL 1st anniversary and a mini cake would be perfect for the meal.

Also, we're doing an Illuminations cruise and I was wondering if there is a specific size/requirement to get a cske on the boat? Also, should zi still contact two weeks-ish out for the cruise?

Thanks for all the great info and looooove the photos

I didn't know there were mini-cakes! I was planning on ordering a podium cake for HDDR, but the mini cakes look awesome. Please most more info as to where these are available & what different looks you can get. Thanks!

(Also, which phone number would I call to order a cake for HDDR?)

Having problems getting in touch with someone about a cake for DS's 4th b-day we will be celebrating at AK and eating at Tusker House. I have called two separate times and never gotten a return phone call. Anyone have similar problems? Anyone gotten cakes from there? Were you satisfied with the quality? TIA!

We are celebration central for our upcoming trip so I am trying to commemorate each but not go nuts... well, a little nuts. ;)

Are mini cskes limited to resorts? Could one be brought to cRt for instance? It is going to be BIL and SIL 1st anniversary and a mini cake would be perfect for the meal.

Only bakeries that can do fancy, fondant-covered cakes offer minicakes. Check out this list of cake options by location to see which places offer them: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/by-location/

For CRT, you would order the minicake from the Contemporary bakery (info at the link above). :thumbsup2

Also, we're doing an Illuminations cruise and I was wondering if there is a specific size/requirement to get a cske on the boat? Also, should zi still contact two weeks-ish out for the cruise?

Sizes and options are only limited by what's available at the Yacht & Beach Club bakery, which is where you'd place your order for a cake to be delivered to an Illuminations cruise. For example, in the past they've said they'd only do fancy custom cakes of 10 inches or larger, but lately people have been given more options. Contact info at the link above. I give 2 weeks as a rule of thumb just so they don't lose an order placed too early, but a month out would probably be OK.

I didn't know there were mini-cakes! I was planning on ordering a podium cake for HDDR, but the mini cakes look awesome. Please most more info as to where these are available & what different looks you can get. Thanks!

(Also, which phone number would I call to order a cake for HDDR?)

Complete details are available at the link I posted above, but if you want anything other than a standard cake at Ft. Wilderness, you need to call Private Dining at the Contemporary. :thumbsup2 There are no standard options to choose from for custom cakes at WDW; it's really just whatever you and the pastry chef dream up. That's why I posted all those sample mini cakes made by the GF for Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings' bridal showcase. What I usually do is look for cake pix by theme on a site like Flickr.com and then work with the pastry chef to get the design like I want.

For this mini cake I got from the Contemporary, I actually found exactly what I wanted just by Googling "Lily Pulitzer" and "cake," and the Contemporary re-created it:

file-2.jpg

Having problems getting in touch with someone about a cake for DS's 4th b-day we will be celebrating at AK and eating at Tusker House. I have called two separate times and never gotten a return phone call. Anyone have similar problems? Anyone gotten cakes from there? Were you satisfied with the quality? TIA!

I had tons of trouble getting ahold of anyone at AK when I was researching. The cakes come from Hollywood Studios Bakery, but you can't order them directly from the bakery, you have to go through the restaurant. Did you call 407-938-2828?

I don't think that was the # I called. I called the main cake hotline and chose AK from the options so they transferred me. I will try that #. Thanks!

I'm thinking of doing a fancy cake to be delivered to our room at OKW for my DH-graduation and DD-Birthday. I was thinking 1 cake with Rapunzel and Belle. Does anyone know if they would actually make the princesses out of fondant? TIA

Having problems getting in touch with someone about a cake for DS's 4th b-day we will be celebrating at AK and eating at Tusker House. I have called two separate times and never gotten a return phone call. Anyone have similar problems?

I've had the same problem from Boardwalk. I made several calls and never got a return call. FINALLY I got through and her only reply was, "I just got back." WTH?? If she's out of town they have no one to cover? Whatever, so I placed my order but now the charge still hasn't come off.

So Im trying to call back and what a suprise, no return calls. I could get better CS from Walmart.

As always, I appreciate your help luryloo

Will probably be soliciting for more help as my dates draw ever closer!!!

I never posted pictures of cakes I got in August 2011. These were for my son's 11th birthday. I still have a picture of a Nemo cake that I can't find so I will post that one later.

The first one was a Duffy cake at Yachtsman Steakhouse. $48

IMG_1666.jpg

The second cake blew us away! It was from AKL at Jiko and I asked for the hand crafted animals individually. They added the hippo themselves. It was a white cake with amarulla mousse filling and was very tasty. $195

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

This is not actually a cake and doesn't have to be ordered ahead of time, but for a birthday it's a great dessert at T-Rex. It's the chocolate extinction and costs $14.99. My son doesn't like chocolate but always orders it anyway. He eats the ice cream and we get the rest. He just thinks it's lots of fun!

IMG_1781.jpg

I'm thinking of doing a fancy cake to be delivered to our room at OKW for my DH-graduation and DD-Birthday. I was thinking 1 cake with Rapunzel and Belle. Does anyone know if they would actually make the princesses out of fondant? TIA

They're not allowed to create Disney characters out of fondant, probably because it would be hard to keep them on-model. They can do a screen print or you can buy the white chocolate figurine of Belle (no Rapunzel yet. It took them years just to get Stitch!). Alternatively, if you can find plastic toys that would fit, you might see if they would work with you to get those on the cake. (BoardWalk Bakery will be making your cake, but you have to order it through the restaurant at OKW. Info HERE.)

As always, I appreciate your help luryloo

Will probably be soliciting for more help as my dates draw ever closer!!!

Can't wait to see what you get! :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if anyone else sells the Mini Mickey Cake that the Boardwalk Bakery sells?
I wanted to get that small one for my mother's birthday, were staying at POFQ, I guess if no one else does, we could pick it up, as my brother will have his car. Anyone know about if the bakery on Main Street sells those or anywhere else?

i love reading this thread!

i know this isn't about what the discussion is about here but wanted to share this.
i thought maybe someone would be interested in it.

This week's listings have been posted to http://www.bartlett-sloan.net/tv

---

Please Note - All times listed are for the Eastern Time Zone. Adjust
accordingly.

---

On Wednesday January 18, 2012 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM on Food Network is

Food Network Challenge - Star Wars Cakes
Four skilled bakers share their knowledge of the force by making
eye-catching cakes that celebrate the grand reopening of Disney
Resort's Star Tours ride in order to win $10,000 as well as a trip to
Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. (Thanks to David for
spotting this)

---

On Friday January 20, 2012 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM on Food Network is

Food Network Challenge - Toy Story 3 Cakes
To celebrate the release of "Toy Story 3," four professional cake
designers create cakes inspired by Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie and
Mrs. Potatohead, and the winner of the competition takes home the
grand prize of $10,000.

We arrive to Boardwalk Villas on 6/16 which is Father's Day:goodvibes Thinking of getting a mini cake to celebrate in the villa. Anyone order one for their Father's day celebration and have any pics.

Also celebrating my daughter's high school graduation and might order her a Little Mermaid cake. If you have pics please post them:cutie:

They're not allowed to create Disney characters out of fondant, probably because it would be hard to keep them on-model. They can do a screen print or you can buy the white chocolate figurine of Belle (no Rapunzel yet. It took them years just to get Stitch!). Alternatively, if you can find plastic toys that would fit, you might see if they would work with you to get those on the cake. (BoardWalk Bakery will be making your cake, but you have to order it through the restaurant at OKW. Info HERE.)

Thank you Lurkyloo!

I'm thinking of doing a cake for DD's birthday in March. We will be arriving early morning on her birthday and doing the Tea at the Grand Floridian for lunch. I think it would be fun to have something delivered there for her.

I was thinking possibly the min tiered cake, or the mini cake with the castle topper and then possibly the cinderella slipper. But maybe not, its just the two of us and we plan to head over to the MK for the rest of the day so we won't have anywhere to store leftovers for the day.

I think I saw some photos of the mini cakes in different colors and stuff. How much can you request for the mini cakes as far as colors or themes or whatever? I don't want anything elaborate, but maybe a color like pink or purple or something or are there different designs?

We're taking DD's 11 year old best friend for a special weekend trip to the World in a few weeks. This child has been through the wringer with a recent diagnosis of epilepsy and the challenges of finding a med that works for her.

We have reservations at CRT for a late lunch, and I wanted to do something that our group of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids ages 10 & 11) would be able to share. DD usually gets her own slipper dessert, but I would almost rather have a slipper or one of the mini-castles on a smallish cake for all of us to share. Even the castle cake topper mini-cake would work well.

Called the cake hotline & special events and got the stock reply for the basic cakes. How do I arrange for that something special? Does CR's private dining deliver specialty cakes to CRT?

Ideas? Suggestions? HELP! :)

We have dinner Ressies at 1900 Park Fare and will be celebrating V's 5th birthday. It is just the two of us, so I'd like to order a cake, and was thinking the 6 inch. I understand the price of $21 is for the basic cake, generic I assume? or does it include some personalization?
Thanks
Erin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter