• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lurkyloo - The F&B director of of Port Orleans called me back a little bit ago. I told her what I wanted. I also mentioned this was our second attempt and that last yr's cake is still MIA :rotfl: She said she personally handles these and would make sure my cake is not MIA this year!!:banana::banana:

I responded to your email. Sorry it took so long, I am having alot of computer issues lately. I responded Saturday night but it doesn't look like that one got to you. Let me know if you want me to send you a picture of the cake to mail the chef.

Has anyone had someone tell them that they won't do non-Disney themed cakes? I just spoke to someone at the Boardwalk Bakery & explained that I wanted a tropical floral design and she told me she doesn't think they'll do it because it's not Disney themed! She also told me I was calling too soon & to call back in another 2 weeks. (I knew I was calling a little early but had some questions, which she was able to answer.) I guess I'll call back in a couple weeks & hope for the best. :confused3

I hope they'll do it!

Amy....I've never heard that before. The only fancy cakes I ever order are non-Disney themed cakes. I've only ordered from the Yachtsman & California Grill though...maybe it's a Boardwalk Bakery guideline?

I'm going to be ordering a cake for our dinner at California Grill. There's a group of us going to the Food & Wine Festival, and I was thinking of asking for a cake w/ fondant, with a wine design on the top.

Has anyone ever requested something like this or seen any cool wine cake designs that they would like to share with me?

Has anyone had someone tell them that they won't do non-Disney themed cakes? I just spoke to someone at the Boardwalk Bakery & explained that I wanted a tropical floral design and she told me she doesn't think they'll do it because it's not Disney themed! She also told me I was calling too soon & to call back in another 2 weeks. (I knew I was calling a little early but had some questions, which she was able to answer.) I guess I'll call back in a couple weeks & hope for the best. :confused3

I hope they'll do it!

Hopefully you'll get someone different when you call back, because what that CM told you was wrong. We've had two non-Disney custom cakes on past trips - silver & purple floral and non-specific "bright colors, no flowers" - and will be ordering a 3rd in Jan. We wanted custom cakes for the flavors, not characters or theme, and it wasn't a problem either time.

The only cakes we've ever gotten have not had a Disney theme! In fact, we had a tropical floral themed anniversary cake at the Poly (it had an edible lei draped over the top). I would call back and try another person. GL!

I hope they'll do it!

Hi. :) Need anyones opinion, which one to choose for 10 inch cake:
- Vanilla choc. filling
- fruit mousse filling
- buttercream filling

Which one is everyone favorite? I know I love buttercream but wondering how the rest taste. Getting my cake from the Yactsman. Thanks:thumbsup2

Well, one was, a white cake, a fruit mousse filling with buttercream and fondant. The other, a white chocolate mousse filling, chocolate cake, buttercream and fondant icing. They were both very good..and pretty!

Sorry, I know this must be somewhere but I can't find it. What are the available filings from the GF bakery? Thanks so much in advance.

Click here and scroll to GF - those are officially the flavors they offer. But the GF bakery does all KINDS of different flavors for wedding cakes, and if you can sweet talk the cake contact in Private Dining, sometimes you can get one of these:

Wedding Cake Flavors
Yellow
Chocolate
Marble
Carrot
Red Velvet
Lemon
Orange
Almond

Wedding Cake Fillings
White Chocolate Mousse
Dark Chocolate Mousse
Milk Chocolate Mousse
Raspberry Mousse
Orange Mousse
Amaretto Mousse
Strawberry Mousse
Passion Fruit Mousse
German Chocolate
Buttercream
Cream Cheese
Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter Cup (chocolate and peanut butter mousses layered together)
Bavarian Cream
Bailey’s Mousse
Blackberry Mousse
Mocha Mousse
Fresh Strawberries
Fresh Raspberries
White Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Strawberries
Bavarian Cream with Fresh Strawberries
Passion Fruit Mousse with Fresh Raspberries
Dark Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Raspberries
Strawberry Mousse with Fresh Strawberries
Raspberry Mousse with Fresh Raspberries

Lurkyloo - The F&B director of of Port Orleans called me back a little bit ago. I told her what I wanted. I also mentioned this was our second attempt and that last yr's cake is still MIA :rotfl: She said she personally handles these and would make sure my cake is not MIA this year!!:banana::banana:

Hooray! :goodvibes

Has anyone had someone tell them that they won't do non-Disney themed cakes? I just spoke to someone at the Boardwalk Bakery & explained that I wanted a tropical floral design and she told me she doesn't think they'll do it because it's not Disney themed! She also told me I was calling too soon & to call back in another 2 weeks. (I knew I was calling a little early but had some questions, which she was able to answer.) I guess I'll call back in a couple weeks & hope for the best.

As others have said, this is completely incorrect. The only restriction is they can't do non-Disney characters or Winnie the Pooh and friends. They can make a non-character cake look like anything you want (except, you know, offensive stuff like bosoms...:rotfl:)

As others have said, this is completely incorrect. The only restriction is they can't do non-Disney characters or Winnie the Pooh and friends. They can make a non-character cake look like anything you want (except, you know, offensive stuff like bosoms...:rotfl:)

I promise I wasn't asking for bosoms! :lmao:

I'll try back in a couple weeks & let you know how I make out. Thanks for everyone's help!

I responded to your email. Sorry it took so long, I am having alot of computer issues lately. I responded Saturday night but it doesn't look like that one got to you. Let me know if you want me to send you a picture of the cake to mail the chef.

I gthink this might be directed at me and I would love a picture to send please!!

I almost spit water on my work computer, I was not expecting that.

I have a friend who makes cakes, and she had an order for a vasectomy cake once :rotfl2::scared1:

I am really going to have to put my drink down before I open this thread again. That is hilarious. I have seen the pans that make bosoms and the male parts, never have I ever had a need for them. And I am so glad I no longer make cakes.

I'm going to be ordering a cake for our dinner at California Grill. There's a group of us going to the Food & Wine Festival, and I was thinking of asking for a cake w/ fondant, with a wine design on the top.

Has anyone ever requested something like this or seen any cool wine cake designs that they would like to share with me?

I don't know if you want to go this literal, but I remember seeing a cake on here with a champagne bottle and thought the theme might translate well into your plans if you're looking for something literal...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413710&page=196
This is a link to the page in the cake chatter thread with the cake in question. I'm guessing they could do a wine bottle instead of a champagne bottle and maybe they could do fondant or gumpaste grapes & grape leaves to garnish the bottle. This is not my cake, but it's just what came to mind when I read your post. Hope this helps! :goodvibes

I don't know if you want to go this literal, but I remember seeing a cake on here with a champagne bottle and thought the theme might translate well into your plans if you're looking for something literal...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413710&page=196
This is a link to the page in the cake chatter thread with the cake in question. I'm guessing they could do a wine bottle instead of a champagne bottle and maybe they could do fondant or gumpaste grapes & grape leaves to garnish the bottle. This is not my cake, but it's just what came to mind when I read your post. Hope this helps! :goodvibes

That's awesome!!!! I'm sure they can make that bottle into a wine bottle! Thanks so much!!

Animal Kingdom Lodge bakery is probably going to tell you no—only a couple of places are willing to do any fillings besides chocolate/vanilla/fruit, and AKL has not historically been one of them. So far only Grand Floridian, Contemporary and BoardWalk Bakery have been willing to make it. However, it's always worth asking Private Dining at AKL—things can change.

This list will give you a complete rundown of what flavors are offered where, plus phone numbers:

http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/by-location/

Thanks for posting this list.

I do have a question for the Cake guru's though - what are the options for filling for the fondant cakes from Private Dining at Contemporary?

We will be going to California Grill at Xmas and celebrating my son's 5th birthday. He LOVES Nightmare before Christmas so I want to get him a fondant cake decorated in that scheme as a surprise. I've ordered cake from the AKL before (fondant covered) for hubby but I didn't specify fillings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter