• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, were you offered the peanut butter filling. I just ordered a 10 inch cake for myself and would have loved peanut butter filling but they didn't offer it when I called. I spoke to the folks at the Contemporary too. I didn't order a custom cake but would have liked the option for that filling. Maybe I'll call tomorrow and ask

No, but I knew it was an option based off lurkyloo's great information on possible flavors.:goodvibes

Also, I've seen a lot of posts on this topic in general, so I'll give my two cents...

Here's my thought on the process. These guys get TONS of orders every day, they probably aren't going to go out of their way to go through a list of each combination they offer. The best bet you're going to have to get the cake of your dreams is to give them as much detail as possible. Ask for the filling flavors that you'd love to have on a cake. Worst case scenario, they don't offer it.

Once I called the hotline and was given the Contemporary's email address, I made sure to draft up a detailed wish list (with pictures) so there was no confusion on what I was looking for. I asked for a bit too much, and Chef Brian was wonderful about explaining what he could do that would look better on the cake and still give us what we wanted.

When you order a wedding cake, you don't just say "go for it" and hope for the best. At least, not if you're a type-A personality like me, that is....:lmao:

Bottom line: Give them everything you are dreaming of in a cake, and a budget if you have one. They'll tell you what you can/can't do and make sure you have a magical cake! Also, try to follow the process, and don't sent too many emails / calls that could confuse them.

For what it's worth, I started the process for my custom cake a little over a month out, and it did take Chef Brian a few business days to get back to me, but I gave him his time, because I know they are super busy.

HTH

:wizard:

In case anyone is waiting on the edge of their seats, I finally got my cake ordered. Interestingly, I sent them a pic of Goofy_Girl's Lion King cake (with her permission) and asked for the exact same thing. They quoted me a price $15 high than she paid. Oh well...I'm just happy to get the cake!

Thanks Jenneth-you know I thought I had read something on the boards about the fillings and should have thought to ask. Honestly I just got a basic cake but did tell them I like Pink and purple and what type of border I liked and lots of flowers :). I didn't need them to do anything too fancy but would have liked the peanut butter :).

I ordered both my birthday cake and our anniversary cake about a month out but I am such a planner (hence the calling for my own birthday cake :))
I did know the folks at the Contemporary said they've been very busy.

Hi all...well we leave for the World in 10 days and since DD will be celebrating her 21st birthday I thought I would order her one of those cute 2 tiered mini wedding cakes. I called just a few minutes ago and placed my order...chocolate cake with white buttercreme with an orange rose on the top with some little buds trailing down to the plate which will be inscribed, "Happy 21st Birthday, Heather". The woman who took my order was extremely pleasant and told me the cake would be delivered to the Garden View Tea Room and that the charge of $35 would be added to our bill. No problem.
Flashback to last December...I proceeded to ask her if I should call to check on my cake because last year the cake I ordered for my DH never arrived. She sounded shocked and wanted to know where and when and said she wanted to look into it because 80% of the orders goes through her. I ended our lovely conversation by asking for her name which she said was, Pat. I've heard so much about grumpy Pat that I was a little taken back. She told me to check with the podium and she didn't blame me for being a little gun shy. So it is a little simple cake this time not our grand Christmas anniversary cake, but here's hoping it shows up. I'll let you know when we get back.:goodvibes

Hi all...well we leave for the World in 10 days and since DD will be celebrating her 21st birthday I thought I would order her one of those cute 2 tiered mini wedding cakes. I called just a few minutes ago and placed my order...chocolate cake with white buttercreme with an orange rose on the top with some little buds trailing down to the plate which will be inscribed, "Happy 21st Birthday, Heather". The woman who took my order was extremely pleasant and told me the cake would be delivered to the Garden View Tea Room and that the charge of $35 would be added to our bill. No problem.
Flashback to last December...I proceeded to ask her if I should call to check on my cake because last year the cake I ordered for my DH never arrived. She sounded shocked and wanted to know where and when and said she wanted to look into it because 80% of the orders goes through her. I ended our lovely conversation by asking for her name which she said was, Pat. I've heard so much about grumpy Pat that I was a little taken back. She told me to check with the podium and she didn't blame me for being a little gun shy. So it is a little simple cake this time not our grand Christmas anniversary cake, but here's hoping it shows up. I'll let you know when we get back.:goodvibes

I've dealt with Pat at GF several times. For cakes and she helps arrange a private dinner for DH and I last Oct. She has never been anything but fabulous! I'm glad you had a good conversation with her.

We purchased this cake from the Boardwalk Bakery in April '11
It was $108
Fondant, chocolate mousse, chocolate cake
100_3850.jpg

100_3858.jpg

We purchased this one in June '11 from the BoardWalk Bakery as well

$85
Chocolate buttercreme, marble cake, dinosaur ride themed

100_3859.jpg

No pics of the inside because this one was very yummy!

We fell on the side of immediate response from the CT private dining and Chef Brian and ordering. We had a great cake delivered Thursday night to the California Grill, unfortunately, the lighting was so dark, the pictures came out awful. But here's our Sorcerer Mickey/ Fantasia cake:
(chocolate with raspberry mousse - quoted $107, but was able to use TiW to get 20%).
IMG_5630.JPG

The sides of the cake were scenes from Fantasia, complete with Hop Lo, my mom's second favorite Fantasia character.
IMG_5634.JPG

I was shocked they threw an image of Chernbog on the cake, since he's essentially the devil, but kudos for featuring a major character from the movie:
IMG_5633.JPG

We fell on the side of immediate response from the CT private dining and Chef Brian and ordering. We had a great cake delivered Thursday night to the California Grill, unfortunately, the lighting was so dark, the pictures came out awful. But here's our Sorcerer Mickey/ Fantasia cake:
(chocolate with raspberry mousse - quoted $107, but was able to use TiW to get 20%).
IMG_5630.JPG

The sides of the cake were scenes from Fantasia, complete with Hop Lo, my mom's second favorite Fantasia character.
IMG_5634.JPG

I was shocked they threw an image of Chernbog on the cake, since he's essentially the devil, but kudos for featuring a major character from the movie:
IMG_5633.JPG

A Fantasia cake - What a great idea!!! I love Fantasia, and the little mushroom guys are the best <3. Great cake!

Hey everyone. Hoping someone can answer this for me. We'll be staying at BWI in November for my son's 6th birthday. We don't have any ADRs on his birthday, but that evening my sister & her family (who live in Orlando) will be coming to hang out on the Boardwalk with us. So. I know we'll be able to walk into Boardwalk Bakery and buy a basic cake or cupcakes that day, but what are the odds we could pick up a Micky Head cake? The official info says 48 hours advance notice, but I saw a photo of the cases at the Bakery that showed a Micky head cake. Is it possible...or probable...to get one day of? TIA!

Hey everyone. Hoping someone can answer this for me. We'll be staying at BWI in November for my son's 6th birthday. We don't have any ADRs on his birthday, but that evening my sister & her family (who live in Orlando) will be coming to hang out on the Boardwalk with us. So. I know we'll be able to walk into Boardwalk Bakery and buy a basic cake or cupcakes that day, but what are the odds we could pick up a Micky Head cake? The official info says 48 hours advance notice, but I saw a photo of the cases at the Bakery that showed a Micky head cake. Is it possible...or probable...to get one day of? TIA!

Based on what I saw at BW Bakery, those were the individual cakes which would serve 2 people. I think I would call ahead just to be on the safe side.

Just wanted to share the anniversary cakes we got from BW in September 2011, we were staying at BWI so they were delivered to our room. The cakes were $25 each plus tax and service charge, so about $30 each or so.

They were so cute!
IMG_2655.jpg

IMG_2656.jpg

We were married at Disney and I asked if it was possible to get the flavors of our wedding cake. I was thrilled when they agreed, and DH and I both got to have our favorite flavors. :cloud9:

DH's - red velvet with buttercream
IMG_2657.jpg

and mine - almond cake with amaretto, which was even more amazing than I remember. The Chef said their recipe is slightly different than the GF's and it is moister. Boy was it ever! It was so delicious.

IMG_2659.jpg

They really did such a great job, I was impressed with all the layers inside for such a small cake. One cake would be plenty for two but I was glad to have it to snack on the rest of the week. :)

pezaddict231. :) How far in advance did you need to order these? They are just what I was looking for. We are eating at the Yachtsman for our anniversary in 2 weeks and am calling today to order my cake. Thanks.:goodvibes

Just wanted to share the anniversary cakes we got from BW in September 2011, we were staying at BWI so they were delivered to our room. The cakes were $25 each plus tax and service charge, so about $30 each or so.

They were so cute!
IMG_2655.jpg

IMG_2656.jpg

We were married at Disney and I asked if it was possible to get the flavors of our wedding cake. I was thrilled when they agreed, and DH and I both got to have our favorite flavors. :cloud9:

DH's - red velvet with buttercream
IMG_2657.jpg

and mine - almond cake with amaretto, which was even more amazing than I remember. The Chef said their recipe is slightly different than the GF's and it is moister. Boy was it ever! It was so delicious.

IMG_2659.jpg

They really did such a great job, I was impressed with all the layers inside for such a small cake. One cake would be plenty for two but I was glad to have it to snack on the rest of the week. :)

I think that is exactly what I want, enough cake for 2, but I know DH won't eat any, and it won't go to waste.

I'm thinking choc cake, peanunt butter cup filling, choc buttercreme icing with choc flowers...chocolate overload :goodvibes

I ordered a Minnie Mouse cake for my DD 1st birthday in September 2011. I sent Chef Brian a sketch 2 weeks before the trip, I ordered it 2 days before our trip. I was quoted $90 for a 6" white cake, I paid an extra $5 for fresh strawberry and bavarian cream filling. The mouse ears on top of the cake were solid chocolate. I wish they would have made them from fondant because that was too much, all we ate from that piece were the ears. The cake was beautiful, just what I wanted. It was more frosting than anything, but it tasted great. Total cost of the cake was around $118 because of the 18% gratuity they added to our party of 7. That was more than I wanted to pay for a cake, but it was her first birthday and I really wanted the memories, although she probably won't remember I will. Sadly it didn't do so well on the plane ride home, it turned all mushy.
alfwhoa

I ordered a Minnie Mouse cake for my DD 1st birthday in September 2011. I sent Chef Brian a sketch 2 weeks before the trip, I ordered it 2 days before our trip. I was quoted $90 for a 6" white cake, I paid an extra $5 for fresh strawberry and bavarian cream filling. The mouse ears on top of the cake were solid chocolate. I wish they would have made them from fondant because that was too much, all we ate from that piece were the ears. The cake was beautiful, just what I wanted. It was more frosting than anything, but it tasted great. Total cost of the cake was around $118 because of the 18% gratuity they added to our party of 7. That was more than I wanted to pay for a cake, but it was her first birthday and I really wanted the memories, although she probably won't remember I will. Sadly it didn't do so well on the plane ride home, it turned all mushy.
DaphneBdayParty52.jpg
[/IMG]

pezaddict231. :) How far in advance did you need to order these? They are just what I was looking for. We are eating at the Yachtsman for our anniversary in 2 weeks and am calling today to order my cake. Thanks.:goodvibes

I called about two weeks before our trip and left a message for the chef. He gave me a call back a few days later, so I guess it was a little less than a week and a half before the trip that they were ordered.

I did also see one in the case at BW Bakery.

I think that is exactly what I want, enough cake for 2, but I know DH won't eat any, and it won't go to waste.

I'm thinking choc cake, peanunt butter cup filling, choc buttercreme icing with choc flowers...chocolate overload :goodvibes

One cake is perfect for 2 people. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter