Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
How early should you order a cake by then? I thought it was just a few weeks out. I need a cake for May 20th. Should I order it now then? Or wait to be a little bit closer to the actual date? Thanks.

I still think 2 weeks is sufficient, unless you want something super-elaborate like a shaped cake or, you know, the re-creation of a character who isn't in the the bakeries' repertoire.

Ok, so am I understanding that the Contemporary makes cakes for the MK restaurants? If so, what is the number that I will call to order my cake? Thank you.

Private Dining at the Contemporary: 407-824-2955

hmm just thinking out loud...can they screen print on fondant? We will be having cake at CRT for dds bday. She LOVES to read to i was doing some searching and found a Beauty and the Beast cake It looked like an open story book and on the pages were the characters and im thinking where the words would go could say Happy birthday. Any one get what im saying lol I also wonder how small we could go. its just our famly this trip and last trip we traveled with another family and had a gorgeous 8inch cake. We had soooo much left over.

If you want a cake shaped like a book you'll need to arm-wrestle Pat at the Grand Floridian for it, and I guarantee she is going to say they can't do anything smaller than an 8-inch (maybe even a 10-inch). Check out the size of this Adventure Book groom's cake the GF made recently:

Grooms+cake.jpg

I know it's kinda off the subject, but are we able to get powdered donuts delivered to our room (at the contemporary) with a candle in the morning? We will also be doing a cake, but the donut thing is kinda a tradition. Has anyone else done this or something similar?

Call Private Dining at the Contemporary: 407-824-2955

If you want a cake shaped like a book you'll need to arm-wrestle Pat at the Grand Floridian for it, and I guarantee she is going to say they can't do anything smaller than an 8-inch (maybe even a 10-inch). Check out the size of this Adventure Book groom's cake the GF made recently:

Couldnt we get the contemporary to make it? its for the castle.....that cake is awesome! i guess 8inches would be okay maybe we can share with people around us lol

Oh, yes, duh! I got mixed up and thought you were dining at GF. The Contemporary makes the fancy cakes for CRT, so yes, you'd call Private Dining there to get the email for the pastry chef. He'll tell you whether they can do a shaped cake and how small it can be. :thumbsup2

I have never posted on DISboards, but I need some advice on cake ordering. My husband and I are going to WDW in June for our 3rd anniversary. I really wanted to order a custom fondant cake or mini cake with bright colors and a Disney nerd theme. I would love to have the cake designer at the Contemporary do it, but it doesn't work with our restaurant choices. I would love any suggestions/advice. We are staying at All Star Movies, then Animal Kingdom Lodge and these are our restaurants:
-Scifi, Le Cellier, Boma, Cape May, Ohana, Mama Melroses, Raglan Road (dinner), and Biergarten

I'm taking my youngest daughter to WDW for her 16th birthday next spring. She's going to have a princess makeover (I'll be buying a dress before we go, hair at Harmony Barber Shop) and then we're going to have dinner at CRT. I want the whole princess package so she can have an awesome tiara and all that jazz, but we both hate the Princess cakes. Does anyone know if it's possible to substitute a custom cake (I'm sure at additional cost) for the hideous Princess cakes? She really wants a Mushu cake, but I haven't found one yet that has been done at WDW. I'm thinking a bundt cake cut in half and placed in an s shape for the body and the head made of fondant, but I don't know if they'll do that. We may have to settle for Mushu screened onto chocolate.

I have never posted on DISboards, but I need some advice on cake ordering. My husband and I are going to WDW in June for our 3rd anniversary. I really wanted to order a custom fondant cake or mini cake with bright colors and a Disney nerd theme. I would love to have the cake designer at the Contemporary do it, but it doesn't work with our restaurant choices. I would love any suggestions/advice. We are staying at All Star Movies, then Animal Kingdom Lodge and these are our restaurants:
-Scifi, Le Cellier, Boma, Cape May, Ohana, Mama Melroses, Raglan Road (dinner), and Biergarten

Your best shot at getting a well-made fancy cake is by calling Grand Floridian private dining to have a fancy cake delivered to Ohana or ordering from Yacht & Beach Club private dining for Cape May. Y&BC may also deliver to a restaurant in Epcot for you, which would put Le Cellier and Biergarten on the list too.

People have had mixed results dealing with Animal Kingdom Lodge's bakery, which puts Boma next on the list. The absolute last place you want to try to get a fancy cake is Hollywood Studios, whose bakery can only do very simple supermarket-style cakes, so that leaves out SciFi and Mama Melrose. Raglan Road does not do cakes, last I heard.

I'm taking my youngest daughter to WDW for her 16th birthday next spring. She's going to have a princess makeover (I'll be buying a dress before we go, hair at Harmony Barber Shop) and then we're going to have dinner at CRT. I want the whole princess package so she can have an awesome tiara and all that jazz, but we both hate the Princess cakes. Does anyone know if it's possible to substitute a custom cake (I'm sure at additional cost) for the hideous Princess cakes? She really wants a Mushu cake, but I haven't found one yet that has been done at WDW. I'm thinking a bundt cake cut in half and placed in an s shape for the body and the head made of fondant, but I don't know if they'll do that. We may have to settle for Mushu screened onto chocolate.

What I would do is call the number for the princess package (407-824-4477) and find out about just purchasing the various package elements you want individually, then call private dining at the Contemporary to order a custom cake.

Thanks! I'll do that. I have two birthdays I'm planning for (older girl in October), and I have time for that one, just wasn't sure if it could be done. Now let's all cross our fingers that they can make an awesome Mushu cake. Of course, I won't order that until next year. Can you tell I have OCD and am a compulsive planner? I start early.

Does anyone know what are the open hours for the Private Dining phone number? can I call on a Saturday or Sunday?

Thanks.

Does anyone know if you can order anything that is sugar-free? I am diabetic, and DH and I were wanting to order a cake (cheesecake, regular cake, whatever) for our lucky 13th anniversary stay this coming September.

I have a call in to POFQ, but so far no response.

TIA for any advice or suggestions :goodvibes

Does anyone know if they make an egg free cake? We ordered cakes in the past but I have since discovered I am allergic to eggs but would love to continue to order cakes when we go to WDW. If they don't I will probably still order a cake since my family can still eat cake and just order me some chocolate characters or something.

I have dinner booked for 22 July at California Grill and we are celebrating the following for the 5 of us pixiedust: All these events occur during our vacation:

- Stepson's 18th Birthday
- Nieces's 18th Birthday
- Sisters 55th Birthday
- Hubby and I's Wedding Anniversary

Our dinner reservation is booked at a time to see the fireworks. I want something special, I was just going to have a cake for the 18th Birthdays but my Sister thinks we should all celebrate :hug:

My quandry is one big cake trying to capture us all or a small mini cake for each of us or something else.....what would you do?

White Chocolate Stitch Figure

Here are some shots of Disney's new white chocolate Stitch character, which costs $35 and tastes absolutely terrible (well, at least the one I had delivered to my room at the Grand Floridian did!). Still, it might make a cute cake topper...

file-22.jpg

Wondering how much it would cost to have this painted?!
YC wanted $100 to paint my white choc tinkerbelle... not thanks.
Yes, $100 just to paint it, didn't include tink, cake..just the painting.

Does anyone know what are the open hours for the Private Dining phone number? can I call on a Saturday or Sunday?

Thanks.

Private Dining is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In my experience, the people who know the most about cake orders work daytime hours any day of the week.

Does anyone know if you can order anything that is sugar-free? I am diabetic, and DH and I were wanting to order a cake (cheesecake, regular cake, whatever) for our lucky 13th anniversary stay this coming September.

I have a call in to POFQ, but so far no response.

TIA for any advice or suggestions :goodvibes

Does anyone know if they make an egg free cake? We ordered cakes in the past but I have since discovered I am allergic to eggs but would love to continue to order cakes when we go to WDW. If they don't I will probably still order a cake since my family can still eat cake and just order me some chocolate characters or something.

I would suggest both of you contact Special.Diets@DisneyWorld.com, or call the cake-ordering phone number for the place you will be dining: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/by-location/

I have dinner booked for 22 July at California Grill and we are celebrating the following for the 5 of us pixiedust: All these events occur during our vacation:

- Stepson's 18th Birthday
- Nieces's 18th Birthday
- Sisters 55th Birthday
- Hubby and I's Wedding Anniversary

Our dinner reservation is booked at a time to see the fireworks. I want something special, I was just going to have a cake for the 18th Birthdays but my Sister thinks we should all celebrate :hug:

My quandry is one big cake trying to capture us all or a small mini cake for each of us or something else.....what would you do?

Well, if money is no object, I gotta say that having a unique minicake presented to each of you would be totally awesome! :teeth:

YC wanted $100 to paint my white choc tinkerbelle... not thanks.
Yes, $100 just to paint it, didn't include tink, cake..just the painting.

:scared1: It's crazy how much higher Yacht Club Bakery's prices are than the Grand Floridian's or the Contemporary's.... I don't get it... :confused3

Well, if money is no object, I gotta say that having a unique minicake presented to each of you would be totally awesome! :teeth:

I will look into this some more, as I have time. I checked out the link on your siggy and saw some tips and your mini-wedding cake replica... Lovely!

Question - so they can be creative with the mini-cakes?

Question - so they can be creative with the mini-cakes?

Definitely! Usually I send in photos or photo composites of what I'm looking for, and I recommend it if you have a very specific idea in mind. But I think the pastry chefs also enjoy the freedom to take an idea and run with it.

Best Friends are forever cake
February 29th, 2012
cost $45
Vanilla cake with vanilla icing
was very good all of the top items were white chocolate.
101_0205.jpg

101_0204.jpg

101_0203.jpg

101_0202.jpg

I would suggest both of you contact Special.Diets@DisneyWorld.com, or call the cake-ordering phone number for the place you will be dining: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/by-location/

Thank you for the information! I had called the number listed for POFQ but all I got was a voicemail, and nobody has returned my call yet. I will contact the special diets email next - one more thing I need to check off my list is taking care of this special dessert.

Thanks again. :flower3:

yes I have, the cost is from $100 and up...it costs less if you have it delivered to a resturant....hope this helps you...and by the way the cakes are wonderful and VERY LARGE...ENJOY

what is the best time frame to order a cake? Ordering from Y&BC for a cake to be delivered at an Epcot resort or from the contemporary for the new Be Our Guest at MK if open when we go and available to do so.

I think I'll want to have figurines sent in and have a cake done with them? otherwise i'm not sure what to do. I know we don't want fondant at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter