Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

got our latest cake on friday. it was beautiful and we were very pleased!

my only regret is that i was only able to take photos of it in the wave where its so dark. even the leftovers were so much more beautiful in natural light. these pictures do it (or the edible glitter!!) no justice:

32888933135_d0d937618e_z.jpg

32765050661_dae7518414_z.jpg

32735516462_380724feb5_z.jpg

(detail shot of the sparkle...after it had been cut into hence the crumbs and smudges)

this baymax/sanfransokyo cake was made by the contemporary. it had a 6" bottom cake that was vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream and a 4" top that was chocolate cake with cream cheese icing.
it cost $140.

for reference, i attached the drawing/spec sheet i made and sent to the pastry chefs. the result was pretty spot on! ETA: i had originally wanted this as a mini-cake which ended up not being possible. it all worked out anyway, because we ate the smaller top layer at the restaurant and brought the larger bottom layer home (as we got the cake the last night of our trip) and celebrated again with grandparents/other family and ate the larger bottom cake. the fondant kept everything sealed up and fresh for that extra day.

Wow - that is just so well done! CR does such nice work. I do like how the fondant keeps everything sealed and fresh!

Email I just received concerning the new policy for cakes at MK.

Thank you for contacting Magic Kingdom Specialty Desserts! Our specialty desserts are available to add on to existing reservations at table service restaurants including Be Our Guest (dinner only), Cinderella's Royal Table, Jungle Skipper Canteen, Liberty Tree Tavern, The Crystal Palace, Tony's Town Square, and Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party. Each location has their own themed specialty dessert that you can add on to your reservation to make your celebration extra Magical! All desserts typically serve 1-2 guests and cost $15.00 each plus tax. Please note that each dessert is exclusive to each restaurant and cannot be ordered at another dining location.

Be Our Guest:
Trio of Mini Cupcakes
This enchanting dessert features three mini cupcakes- a Grey Stuff cupcake, a Triple Chocolate cupcake, and a Strawberry cupcake. The mini cupcakes are presented with a chocolate rose filled with the Grey Stuff filling and a "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary", or "Congratulations" chocolate piece!

Cinderella's Royal Table:
Chocolate Mousse Cake (Gluten Friendly)
This royal dessert features a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse, covered with a chocolate ganache. This is presented with a strawberry and your choice of a dark chocolate slipper, a white chocolate slipper, or a white chocolate crown, all filled with a chocolate mousse, and decorated with a "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary", or "Congratulations" chocolate piece!

Jungle Skipper Canteen:
Chocolate Lava Cake
This adventurous dessert is a decadent chocolate cake with caramel ganache and chocolate crispy pearls. It is presented with a white chocolate elephant filled with a caramel mousse and a "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary", or "Congratulations" chocolate piece!

Liberty Tree Tavern:
Boston Cream Pie
This stately dessert is a vanilla cake with vanilla cream filling, covered in a chocolate ganache and chocolate crispy pearls. It is presented with a strawberry, a chocolate Liberty Bell, and a "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary", or "Congratulations" chocolate piece!

The Crystal Palace:
Honey Crunch Cake
This whimsical dessert is a vanilla cake with honey mousse, topped with a honey crunch and a honey comb accented chocolate piece. It is presented with a strawberry and a "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary", or "Congratulations" chocolate piece!

Tony's Town Square:
Tiramisu
This charming dessert is Kahlua Espresso-soaked ladyfingers with whipped mascarpone. It is presented with a strawberry, Lady and the Tramp chocolate accents, and a "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary", or "Congratulations" chocolate piece!

Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party:
Miniature Cake
This spectacular dessert is a chocolate cake with mocha buttercream icing or a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream icing, covered in dark chocolate or pink pearls. It is presented with a chocolate Castle piece and a "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary", or "Congratulations" chocolate piece!

We also offer the following cake options which can be added on to existing reservations at all table service restaurants in the Magic Kingdom!

Our smallest traditional cake is our 6-inch round cake. This is available in either all vanilla or all chocolate and can be decorated with one of our celebration medallions. This cake generally serves up to 6 people and costs $23.00 plus tax.

Our Mickey Mouse head cake, which serves up to 10, is in the shape of Mickey's head and is chocolate cake with a dark chocolate ganache over top. This cake costs $54.00 plus tax and can be decorated with a "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary" or "Congratulations" chocolate piece!

Please note that any cake that is not enjoyed during your meal cannot be stored at the Magic Kingdom, nor can it be shipped to your resort. However we would be happy to box up any remaining cake for you to take with you.

To officially place your order, you can just respond to this email with your dining confirmation number and your order details! We do require your completed order at least 72 hours prior to your reservation. You will receive a confirmation email once your order has been placed. Payment for any add-ons is not due until you dine with us. We are not able to accept prepayment or third party payment for our enhancements. All pricing and offerings are subject to change without notice. We are in the office Monday-Saturday 8:00am-4:00pm Eastern Standard Time. Please allow up to 72 hours for a response.

We look forward to hearing from you soon and have a Magical day!

Kathy
Special Occasion Location Coordinator
MAGIC KINGDOM® Park
WDW.Magic.Kingdom.Specialty.Desserts@Disney.com
*Please keep in mind that your order is not final until you receive an official confirmation email from us.*

Thank you! I wish I had more options at MK, that's where we really wanted to celebrate the birthdays. Maybe we should do it elsewhere, we just wanted a kid- friendly restaurant.

I had the same problem - I wanted my birthday dinner at CRT a few weeks ago, but the new cake rules went into effect the month before, so I spent the day (and night) at MK, but we walked over to the Contemporary and had dinner at Chef Mickey's. Not my favorite dinner buffet (I love going there for breakfast) but I wanted to work with the Contemporary vs. The Grand Floridian (where we were staying and where my favorite dinner buffet - 1900 - is) since I've read the nightmares of dealing with the GF team when it comes to custom cakes. It ended up being a good birthday - I'm still not crazy about the dinner options at Chef Mickey's, but my kids loved it and my cake - posted a few pages back - was gorgeous! They boxed it up for us and we took the monorail around to drop our cake off at GF before going back to MK until closing.

We ended up doing the 6" vanilla cake at CRT on 1/14. It was for my DD's birthday. I brought my own icing to write on the cake and personalize it. :)

It worked out well. I was first bummed because I love doing a really special cake for birthdays. But, it was yummy (I am GF but that is what everyone said) and for I think $23- I did not feel bad leaving the rest of it behind (ate about 3/4) since I knew there would be no time for leftovers. And I did not want to carry it around all evening. My DD was thrilled with having a cake in WDW :)

Thank you for contacting Magic Kingdom Specialty Desserts! Our specialty desserts are available to add on to existing reservations at table service restaurants including Be Our Guest (dinner only), Cinderella's Royal Table, Jungle Skipper Canteen, Liberty Tree Tavern, The Crystal Palace, Tony's Town Square, and Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party. Each location has their own themed specialty dessert that you can add on to your reservation to make your celebration extra Magical! All desserts typically serve 1-2 guests and cost $15.00 each plus tax. Please note that each dessert is exclusive to each restaurant and cannot be ordered at another dining location.

Be Our Guest:
Trio of Mini Cupcakes
This enchanting dessert features three mini cupcakes- a Grey Stuff cupcake, a Triple Chocolate cupcake, and a Strawberry cupcake. The mini cupcakes are presented with a chocolate rose filled with the Grey Stuff filling and a "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary", or "Congratulations" chocolate piece!

This royal dessert features a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse, covered with a chocolate ganache. This is presented with a strawberry and your choice of a dark chocolate slipper, a white chocolate slipper, or a white chocolate crown, all filled with a chocolate mousse, and decorated with a "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary", or "Congratulations" chocolate piece!

Jungle Skipper Canteen:
Chocolate Lava Cake
This adventurous dessert is a decadent chocolate cake with caramel ganache and chocolate crispy pearls. It is presented with a white chocolate elephant filled with a caramel mousse and a "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary", or "Congratulations" chocolate piece!

Liberty Tree Tavern:
Boston Cream Pie
This stately dessert is a vanilla cake with vanilla cream filling, covered in a chocolate ganache and chocolate crispy pearls. It is presented with a strawberry, a chocolate Liberty Bell, and a "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary", or "Congratulations" chocolate piece!

The Crystal Palace:
Honey Crunch Cake
This whimsical dessert is a vanilla cake with honey mousse, topped with a honey crunch and a honey comb accented chocolate piece. It is presented with a strawberry and a "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary", or "Congratulations" chocolate piece!

Tony's Town Square:
Tiramisu
This charming dessert is Kahlua Espresso-soaked ladyfingers with whipped mascarpone. It is presented with a strawberry, Lady and the Tramp chocolate accents, and a "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary", or "Congratulations" chocolate piece!

Miniature Cake
This spectacular dessert is a chocolate cake with mocha buttercream icing or a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream icing, covered in dark chocolate or pink pearls. It is presented with a chocolate Castle piece and a "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary", or "Congratulations" chocolate piece!

We also offer the following cake options which can be added on to existing reservations at all table service restaurants in the Magic Kingdom!

Our smallest traditional cake is our 6-inch round cake. This is available in either all vanilla or all chocolate and can be decorated with one of our celebration medallions. This cake generally serves up to 6 people and costs $23.00 plus tax.

Our Mickey Mouse head cake, which serves up to 10, is in the shape of Mickey's head and is chocolate cake with a dark chocolate ganache over top. This cake costs $54.00 plus tax and can be decorated with a "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary" or "Congratulations" chocolate piece!

Please note that any cake that is not enjoyed during your meal cannot be stored at the Magic Kingdom, nor can it be shipped to your resort. However we would be happy to box up any remaining cake for you to take with you.

To officially place your order, you can just respond to this email with your dining confirmation number and your order details! We do require your completed order at least 72 hours prior to your reservation. You will receive a confirmation email once your order has been placed. Payment for any add-ons is not due until you dine with us. We are not able to accept prepayment or third party payment for our enhancements. All pricing and offerings are subject to change without notice. We are in the office Monday-Saturday 8:00am-4:00pm Eastern Standard Time. Please allow up to 72 hours for a response.

Kathy
MAGIC KINGDOM® Park
*Please keep in mind that your order is not final until you receive an official confirmation email from us.*

Thank you for posting this! I was really disappointed because my daughter does not like chocolate and all the CRT special desserts are now chocolate. But we are also doing the fireworks dessert party the night of her birthday and that appears to have a vanilla cake option so I am going to email now about that! Seems silly to pay ANOTHER $15 on top of the price of that party, but at least it will be something that she will love, and we can always take it back to our room at the Contemporary after the dessert party and eat it there if we are full from the party desserts which is much easier than carrying a leftover melting chocolate slipper around from lunch at CRT in the heat in June.

I've had a similar experience!! First I tried to call the 407-939-5175 to order a custom cake at 830am EST (but 330am HST for me!) and was told I had to call the cake hotline number FIRST. uhhhh, ok. so I called the cake hotline number & left a voicemail about where I was staying & when & what I wanted. While I'm at work, I can't have my cell phone, so I wasn't able to receive the call back which was time stamped at 845am HST. I decided to risk calling back at 430pm HST (930pm EST) & got to speak with CM Terry. When I explained that I wanted a 6" custom cake (lemon cake with blackberry mousse with Ursula the Sea Witch theming) she explained that they only can customize flavors on a mini cake $35 or 8" cake $40, no fondant or images. She said the 6" cakes come to them pre-made so no flavor variations allowed & no theming on it either. Hmmm. She said she has been taking orders for cakes for 3 years & that's how it's always been. She did say I could call back at an earlier time when the bakers were there to answer questions. I will make it another early morning to see if I get a different answer. Crossing fingers! I'm afraid an 8" cake is just TOO much for 3 of us, so I really would prefer a 6".

update on the above post: I did call in the morning & speak to the CM that originally called me about my cake order. She was willing to talk to the bakers about my request for a 6" lemon cake with blackberry mousse filling. The baker said they could do a vanilla cake soaked with lemon simple syrup with buttercream colored like Ursula & white pearls to look like tentacles for $10 extra. I assumed no blackberry filling since it did sound like they were modifying a pre-made cake. We're still deciding now that we finally have an answer on what can be done by Boardwalk.

I've had a similar experience!! First I tried to call the 407-939-5175 to order a custom cake at 830am EST (but 330am HST for me!) and was told I had to call the cake hotline number FIRST.

I had the same exact experience today - I guess they are diverting all calls from the number listed on Post 2 to the Boardwalk Cake Hotline, which was 407-939-6355.

Called to see what options I have for a mini cake for my upcoming trip. I left a message and will wait for someone to call back. We are going for Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon weekend, so I'm hoping to surprise my mom with a Star Wars "inspired" cake (no characters or anything) after we do the 5K that Friday. I'll post about how the conversation goes once they call back!

I had the same exact experience today - I guess they are diverting all calls from the number listed on Post 2 to the Boardwalk Cake Hotline, which was 407-939-6355.

Called to see what options I have for a mini cake for my upcoming trip. I left a message and will wait for someone to call back. We are going for Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon weekend, so I'm hoping to surprise my mom with a Star Wars "inspired" cake (no characters or anything) after we do the 5K that Friday. I'll post about how the conversation goes once they call back!
Can't wait to hear about it! Headed down the same weekend, DH's birthday is May the 4th :) I think he needs a star wars cake :)

Be Our Guest:
Trio of Mini Cupcakes

Jungle Skipper Canteen:
Chocolate Lava Cake

Liberty Tree Tavern:
Boston Cream Pie

The Crystal Palace:
Honey Crunch Cake

Tony's Town Square:
Tiramisu

Miniature Cake

Kathy
MAGIC KINGDOM® Park

That CP cake sounds fantastic! But I wouldn't want to order a cake to a buffet. :(

I'm in the processing of ordering an anniversary cake for my wife to be served after dinner at the Yachtsman. I am going with a fondant cake but was looking for people's opinion on buttercream vs white chocolate mousse with strawberries.

Hey everyone! If I need 2 customized cakes for my trip, should I get in contact with them more than 2 weeks in advance just to make sure nothing gets messed up? Also, I've only really seen 1 or 2 photos of goofy cakes. Anyone have any pics of some??

Hey everyone! If I need 2 customized cakes for my trip, should I get in contact with them more than 2 weeks in advance just to make sure nothing gets messed up? Also, I've only really seen 1 or 2 photos of goofy cakes. Anyone have any pics of some??

Yes, I'd start maybe a month out. The trouble comes when people place an order 6 months ahead, don't check up on it a few days before their trip, and then find out at the restaurant that no one had their order.

Hi, love this thread and all the information that comes with it. We're going to be at Disney for my daughter's birthday on June 13. We're staying from June 11th-16th at AKL Kidani Village. We're scheduled to eat at BOG and Crystal Palace on her birthday for lunch and dinner, and we've got reservations for the 14th at Trattoria al Forno for the new character breakfast. My debate is where and when to order her a special small cake. I haven't seen any pictures of the honey crunch cake from Crystal Palace. I don't know if I should order from the resort and have something delivered to our room or try to have something ordered for the breakfast and be able to maybe get a mini cake from the Boardwalk Bakery. My daughter loves all sweets but especially chocolate, and I don't want to order a larger cake cause it's only the four of us going. We're already on the dining plan and will be eating all the desserts that come with it. I've ordered a chocolate birthday slipper from CRT before, but that is the only experience I've had with special desserts. Any advice is appreciated

I may have overlooked it and if i did i apologize but i am planning my 11th anniversary dinner at Shula's on Mar 15, 2017 and i would love to order a cake for that special night however i have not seen where i can order the cake from to be delivered to Shulas? Any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you .

I may have overlooked it and if i did i apologize but i am planning my 11th anniversary dinner at Shula's on Mar 15, 2017 and i would love to order a cake for that special night however i have not seen where i can order the cake from to be delivered to Shulas? Any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you .
I suck at copying so I took a picture for you from the first page of the thread
IMG_1808.PNG

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter