Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be celebrating my daughter's 8th birthday at 1900 Park Fare in May. I am debating about whether to do a podium cake or custom cake. The custom cakes can be so beautiful, but the Mickey Head (and Minnie Head) cakes are so cute; I think she might like that just as much.

However, it does make me a bit nervous to wait and order a cake at the restaurant. Do they always have those cakes on hand? My preference would be Monnie, but Mickey would work.
The Mickey or Minnie head cakes are special order cakes that need at least 72 hrs notice. The podium cakes are the plain round all chocolate or all vanilla.

The Mickey or Minnie head cakes are special order cakes that need at least 72 hrs notice. The podium cakes are the plain round all chocolate or all vanilla.

Oh, thank you so much for telling me that. I thought they were a different version of the podium cake. Have you ever seen one in person? I am wondering how true to real-life the picture is.

Oh, thank you so much for telling me that. I thought they were a different version of the podium cake. Have you ever seen one in person? I am wondering how true to real-life the picture is.
I've never seen one in person but the pictures I've seen here look pretty good.
I believe the face is a piece of white chocolate with the image of their face screen printed on it.

Does anyone know if the chocolate monorail can be delivered to any restaurant serviced by the contemporary bakery, or if it can only be delivered to a contemporary restaurant/room? Also, is it only available in white chocolate, or does it come in milk chocolate as well? Thx!!!

Here's pictures of my dd's graduation cake. Ordered from GF for delivery at 'ohana--white cake, vanilla filling--$47.93--paid for at time of order (June, 2015). I discreetly asked when we checked in if it was there and they checked and said it was. They made a note on our reservation about it and that it was a surprise. We had to tell server about it when dd went to restroom at the end of the meal. We asked for it to be boxed up and for paper plates and silverware so that we could take it back to our room--we were full and also the Blackhawks were playing for the Stanley Cup!! It was tasty-/sort of reminded us of Boston Cream Pie.

Here's pictures of my dd's graduation cake. Ordered from GF for delivery at 'ohana--white cake, vanilla filling--$47.93--paid for at time of order (June, 2015). I discreetly asked when we checked in if it was there and they checked and said it was. They made a note on our reservation about it and that it was a surprise. We had to tell server about it when dd went to restroom at the end of the meal. We asked for it to be boxed up and for paper plates and silverware so that we could take it back to our room--we were full and also the Blackhawks were playing for the Stanley Cup!! It was tasty-/sort of reminded us of Boston Cream Pie.
Sold! Thank you so much for the picture. Your picture is approximately 1000% cuter than the one on the Disney website. Love it!

When I looked again, I see there is something on the front-maybe a white chocolate happy birthday scroll? I didn't realize they are two layers. Did you request that or is that the standard?

When I looked again, I see there is something on the front-maybe a white chocolate happy birthday scroll? I didn't realize they are two layers. Did you request that or is that the standard?
When I ordered it, I told them what I wanted it to say. I thought the writing would be on the plate but it was on a white chocolate banner. I had to choose either white or chocolate cake, but I didn't ask for it to be in layers, it just came that way.

image.jpeg

Nice Minnie cake @MickeyReeds.

Are all the Mickey/Minnie head cakes being made like this now with piping or is it just GF bakery?

I'd say that if you want the cake to look like that, be sure to send a photo to the pastry team wherever yours is being made. There seems to be no internal communication or uniformity when it comes to cakes.

If inorder a custom cake, will they deliver it to the Wishes Dessert Party? May 5th is my husband's birthday and my daughter's 8th birthday.

If inorder a custom cake, will they deliver it to the Wishes Dessert Party? May 5th is my husband's birthday and my daughter's 8th birthday.

Do you mean the party held inside the Magic Kingdom that includes a million-bazillion desserts you're already paying for? Or a private dessert party at a Magic Kingdom-area resort during Wishes? Definitely yes for the latter. For the former, you'll need to contact the Magic Kingdom cake team and see if that's something they can arrange. Contact info is in Post #2. :thumbsup2

I've been searching all 4 cake threads looking for a pic of the Rapunzel Tower cake that's about $150 now. I did find one pic from 4 years ago but I was hoping to find something more recent to see if it's changed. I had no luck. Kept coming up with threads with people talking about it or asking about it, but no pics. Has anyone seen one recently?

anyone have any ideas or experience with a military inspired cake? Best friend is deploying for 6 months right after our trip in April.
Trying to come up with an idea for a cake. He is Navy is that matters. Love any help that anyone has out there. Just not feeling creative.
Thanks!

Donald duck is Navy.

What if you did a cake themed to one of the neat old shorts Disney produced during WWII?

I was just thinking about a cake for my husband to celebrate his Marine Corps retirement on our trip next month. But was totally blanking on ideas! I think it would be a fun surprise, and we're staying at the CR, so we'll see.

For room delivery, they usually add it to your hotel bill when the cake is actually delivered, as a room service charge.
Ok thank you! Sorry to bother you with another question but is that ridiculously expensive?

No bother! It is more than if you have it at a restaurant. Private Dining charges a $3 delivery fee plus an 18% or 20% service charge on the price of the cake. The only time you'd pay a service charge in a restaurant is if you use the Tables in Wonderland discount (but technically you can ask them to remove it).

No bother! It is more than if you have it at a restaurant. Private Dining charges a $3 delivery fee plus an 18% or 20% service charge on the price of the cake. The only time you'd pay a service charge in a restaurant is if you use the Tables in Wonderland discount (but technically you can ask them to remove it).
Thank you so much! I'm trying to set my budget for a surprise birthday trip and cake.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what the free dining dates might be? I just read on another thread that it might END on 9-14!?!?! Bc that's when food and wine festival starts I sure hope this rumor is false

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter