Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to share the outcome of my Elsa mini cake, served at CRT. I first emailed the Contemporary with my requirements, and they advised me to forward the details to:magicKingdomCakes@disney.com. I was answered by Kathy Conte. It was $50 plus tax and gratuity, and it arrived just as expected at the end of the meal. It was quite lovely, fresh and delicious. Size is deceptive with these cakes...it was more than enough for three of us to have a decent piece.

10985342_10155500909110632_6259500231064432751_n.jpg

Apologies for massive size.

Any recommendations for offsite bakeries, particularly ones close to and/or will deliver to Universal resorts? We'll be at Universal on my daughter's birthday before transferring to Disney the next day, so I'd like to get her a cake. In this thread, I found a recommendation for Its Tasty Too, but wondering if there are other options. I looked at the cake options at Publix, but nothing jumped out at me.

People like Party Flavors, Sprinkles Custom Cakes, Anna's Cakes and Bake Me a Cake... Not sure if all will deliver, though.

People like Party Flavors, Sprinkles Custom Cakes, Anna's Cakes and Bake Me a Cake... Not sure if all will deliver, though.

Thank you! I don't mind going to pick up the cake since we'll have a car, but delivery would be awesome.

Any recommendations for offsite bakeries, particularly ones close to and/or will deliver to Universal resorts? We'll be at Universal on my daughter's birthday before transferring to Disney the next day, so I'd like to get her a cake. In this thread, I found a recommendation for Its Tasty Too, but wondering if there are other options. I looked at the cake options at Publix, but nothing jumped out at me.
I loooooooveeee Jillycakes! They were on cupcake wars and are former WDW parade performers!

I forgot to share the outcome of my Elsa mini cake, served at CRT. I first emailed the Contemporary with my requirements, and they advised me to forward the details to:magicKingdomCakes@disney.com. I was answered by Kathy Conte. It was $50 plus tax and gratuity, and it arrived just as expected at the end of the meal. It was quite lovely, fresh and delicious. Size is deceptive with these cakes...it was more than enough for three of us to have a decent piece.

Apologies for massive size.

Did you ask for a mini cake or a 2-tier mini cake?

I'm ordering 3 2 tier mini cakes for this Sat. Aug 1 for brunch at Chef Mickeys. I emailed and received a quick response from Chef Brian telling me to call the cake hotline to confirm. I called Monday morning, but haven't heard back from them. Should I call again? The answering machine said most orders take 48hrs and that cutoff will be tomorrow. I don't want to assume they will be made and show up and not have them, but I also don't want to pester them.

I'd call Private Dining at the Contemporary directly to confirm. Call the main number for the Contemporary (407-824-1000) and ask to be transferred.

I'm ordering 3 2 tier mini cakes for this Sat. Aug 1 for brunch at Chef Mickeys. I emailed and received a quick response from Chef Brian telling me to call the cake hotline to confirm. I called Monday morning, but haven't heard back from them. Should I call again? The answering machine said most orders take 48hrs and that cutoff will be tomorrow. I don't want to assume they will be made and show up and not have them, but I also don't want to pester them.

Hi Just curious how long did it take you to hear back from Chef Brian? I emailed on Monday and I haven't gotten a response back yet.

Are there any cake experiences with the BOATHOUSE? I have searched but haven't found any cake discussion in connection with this new, and apparently quite wonderful restaurant in Downtown Disney. Just making an initial call to the restaurant for a birthday in September, I was told we could bring a cake in and hold it at our table until dessert. The person i talked to, who was probably a staffer at the hostess desk, checked with someone else and said they couldn't hold it in their kitchen because of state regulations.

On that basis, I suppose I could have a cake made and delivered to our room at AKL, and then we could bring it over when we go for dinner. It's just DH and I for my 60th, but I must say I have been inspired by these boards to try and put together something nice.

Last edited:
Are there any cake experiences with the BOATHOUSE? I have searched but haven't found any cake discussion in connection with this new, and apparently quite wonderful restaurant in Downtown Disney. Just making an initial call to the restaurant for a birthday in September, I was told we could bring a cake in and hold it at our table until dessert. The person i talked to, who was probably a staffer at the hostess desk, checked with someone else and said they couldn't hold it in their kitchen because of state regulations.

Yes, the Boathouse doesn't do its own cakes; they recommend picking up at Erin McKenna's. I think your idea of having one delivered to the room is good, or you could use a local bakery like the ones mentioned a few posts back - often they can meet you somewhere on property (like the Boathouse) with the cake.

I believe he is off Mondays and Tuesdays?
Yes I think I read that in the page before this one . I sent him an email Monday but I haven't heard back yet. Maybe he's still catching up with emails? I do have 3 more weeks - if I don't hear back I'll try again by calling

Yes I think I read that in the page before this one . I sent him an email Monday but I haven't heard back yet. Maybe he's still catching up with emails? I do have 3 more weeks - if I don't hear back I'll try again by calling
When I sent an email, I got a response from Donald with basic pricing, and he told me to call to place the order. So you may just want to call if you don't hear back in a few days, as sounds like you'll need to anyway!

whats the best way to keep our cake leftovers fresh? in the mini fridge or just leave it covered in the room? Also how long would you guys say the leftover cake is good for?
We ordered a 10 inch cake for our anniversary (2 adults, 2 kids) and we were hoping to have leftovers for a few nights worth of desserts... is my estimation good? or should I switch to an 8inch?

A 10-inch cake is WAY too big for 2 adults and 2 kids. You would have leftovers with even a 6-inch cake if it's a fancy fondant-covered kind like you get at the Deluxe resorts. I'd at least switch to an 8-inch, but you really don't need more than a 6-inch. And only a 6-inch is going to fit in the mini fridge. I definitely recommend refrigerating the leftovers. I usually bring Tupperware to put them in, since those fit better in mini fridges than the cake box and will keep the cake fresher. Buttercream-filled cakes taste better longer than mousse-filled cakes (and the mousse ones definitely require refrigeration, whereas you can get away with leaving buttercream-filled cakes out).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter