Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lurkyloo

Please can I ask what you have as the filling if you have the cream cheese frosting?

I am looking for flavour ideas for our mini cake

Thank you

Carrie uses the frosting as the "filling" between the layers. Disney also has a cream cheese filling that is not nearly as good.

A-ha! Found it - thanks @2girlsmom! Here you go, @connie254 ...

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C36%3A%3Enu%3D4277%3E938%3E%3A34%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3A%3B73%3B763345nu0mrj

Hi Lurkyloo

Please can I ask what you have as the filling if you have the cream cheese frosting?

I am looking for flavour ideas for our mini cake

Thank you

Carrie uses the frosting as the "filling" between the layers. Disney also has a cream cheese filling that is not nearly as good.

^^This! Some people like the cream cheese mousse, but to me it's too cheesy and not sweet enough. I looooooove their cream cheese buttercream frosting though!

Wow, that's awful! Dare I ask to see a photo of the cake...? :duck:

I think you should be refunded more than just the cost of the strawberries. If talking to the person you placed the order with doesn't get results, you could try emailing wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com or writing a letter to one of these addresses: http://allears.net/pl/contact.htm

Took me a while to find it. Sorry the photo sucks. It was taken from my slowly dying phone, lol. What you can't see in this photo is that to hold up the text plate there is another rolled log of the brown fondant probably an inch in diameter. So it REALLY looks like poop if you turn the cake at all. I didn't want to remember that part so I didn't take a picture of it.

Attachments

• cake1.jpg
    cake1.jpg
    626.3 KB · Views: 288
Cant wait ti order DH cake! Thanks for all this info Lurky! I still have no idea what I am doing yet..and my standards I think are way to high after some of the cakes you've posted! ha!

LOL! I'm starting to think the best way to get a good looking cake is to just give them a theme and have them run with it. When you try to be ultra-specific sometimes it backfires...

LOL! I'm starting to think the best way to get a good looking cake is to just give them a theme and have them run with it. When you try to be ultra-specific sometimes it backfires...

Now that makes me nervous! I didn't go into my cake order planning to be specific, but in trying to go back and forth about ingredients (food allergies) in the decorations I ended up doing a drawing and picking specific features I liked from other pirate cakes. I wanted to say just go crazy with a pirate theme, but felt safer verifying the items I'd seen before were safe for ODS. I hope that wasn't a mistake. Although I'm pretty sure DS will love it regardless.

I wasn't specific on mine and it didn't turn out that great. I think it depends on the baker, really. I wouldn't worry.

Hi everyone! I love this thread!!! I'm about halfway through it so far. I have a question: How is the taste of the raspberry mousse filling? The cake would be coming from the Grand Floridian. We're staying at the Polynesian and I'm ordering through the Island Planning Office (club level, pre-trip planning service) and will either have it delivered to us at 'Ohana at dinner, or just placed in our room at the Polynesian.

A few years ago we did this same thing, and we loved the vanilla cake with chocolate mousse filling, but we want something a bit different this time.

Thanks in advance!

Now that makes me nervous! I didn't go into my cake order planning to be specific, but in trying to go back and forth about ingredients (food allergies) in the decorations I ended up doing a drawing and picking specific features I liked from other pirate cakes. I wanted to say just go crazy with a pirate theme, but felt safer verifying the items I'd seen before were safe for ODS. I hope that wasn't a mistake. Although I'm pretty sure DS will love it regardless.

Oh shoot—I didn't mean to scare you! I was thinking of the couple of times I've tried to get an exact replica of something and been disappointed with this little thing or that little thing, and then seen a cake where somebody just told Disney "We like the Incredibles" and been blown away. I think your cake will turn out great, and the best part is that you will know for certain it's safe. :thumbsup2

I haven't had it, but Disney brides swear by it—just like cannoli filling, supposedly!

Just wanted to say that Pat from the Grand Floridian just called me. I had sent an email to the Polynesian IPO this morning asking about prices, decorating possibilities, etc. I was expecting an email from them, but instead Pat called.

She was very helpful and once I explained to her what I was looking for, she gave me several different ideas and options. I sent the IPO an inspiration picture in my email this morning, and they forwarded it to her, so it was very helpful for her to see it while we were talking.

I wanted a "Polynesian Village Resort" themed cake, and this is what I decided on:

8", 3-layer vanilla cake with raspberry mousse filling, vanilla buttercream, covered with brown fondant. All over the sides of the cake will be brightly colored Mickey shapes (the 3 dots) in lime green, orange, fuchsia, and cream, and the "topper" will be realistic-looking flowers in the tropical colors, made of gum-paste. There will be a white chocolate banner that says "Terry & John Celebrating 15 Magical Years".

The price is $115. If I wanted 4 layers, the price would've been $140. but since it's just the two of us, I opted for 3 layers. It will be delivered to us on our first night during dinner at 'Ohana.

Here is the "inspiration" cake photo that I sent. I found it on Disney's Hawaiian Aulani resort weddings webpage.

gallery_hawaii_wishes_cakes_7.jpg

Pat took down all of the info but said it was too early to actually place the order. She gave me her phone number and days and hours that she works and asked me to call back in May. She said I'd need to pay at the time of ordering.

I am so excited and can't wait until August to see it and surprise my DH. :sunny:

Has anyone ever ordered a cake with a different cake color(like white cake colored green or blue)?

Last edited:
Yes! I just got a pink one a couple weeks ago. I've been meaning to get the photos edited and post them here...

I have always adored the cake that Winnie the Pooh gets for his birthday at the end of the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride, because it's pretty much the quintessential birthday cake — it's got chocolate and pink and flowers!

Pooh%20Cake.jpg

So I decided I would get a mini-cake version on my trip to Disney's bridal showcase. But when it turned out my cousin and his wife would be at Disney celebrating their anniversary at the same time, I asked Chef Brian to change the mini cake I'd ordered into this 6-inch cake. A birthday-for-your-anniversary cake....
  • Price: Quoted $63, charged $23
  • Size: 6-inch
  • Date Received: 2/28/15
  • Flavors: Pink-tinted vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream frosting (and plenty of it!)

IMG_6626.jpg

IMG_6629.jpg

IMG_6640.jpg

IMG_6635.jpg

IMG_6636.jpg

My cousins loved the cake, and it was delicious! The pink vanilla cake was really moist, and the chocolate frosting was nice and sweet and buttercreamy just like I like.

I have always adored the cake that Winnie the Pooh gets for his birthday at the end of the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride, because it's pretty much the quintessential birthday cake — it's got chocolate and pink and flowers!

Pooh%20Cake.jpg

So I decided I would get a mini-cake version on my trip to Disney's bridal showcase. But when it turned out my cousin and his wife would be at Disney celebrating their anniversary at the same time, I asked Chef Brian to change the mini cake I'd ordered into this 6-inch cake. A birthday-for-your-anniversary cake....
  • Price: Quoted $63, charged $23
  • Size: 6-inch
  • Date Received: 2/28/15
  • Flavors: Pink-tinted vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream frosting (and plenty of it!)

IMG_6626.jpg

IMG_6629.jpg

IMG_6640.jpg

IMG_6635.jpg

IMG_6636.jpg

My cousins loved the cake, and it was delicious! The pink vanilla cake was really moist, and the chocolate frosting was nice and sweet and buttercreamy just like I like.

Oh my gosh, that is adorable! What a great idea. Thanks so much for showing pictures, it's nice to know they can do that!

Hey Everyone!

Heading down to WDW next month for 5 days of WDW fun then a 5 day WDW cruise.

This will be our first visit for our DD (13 months) any suggestions on cakes? I'm trying to get creative (but nothing too expensive) as a way of saying "welcome to disney". Our DD had a Minnie Mouse themed birthday cake, so I'm trying to stay away from the typical Minnie Mouse theme.

Please help! This is for our dinner at 'Ohana.. not sure if that is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter