***Official December 2017 thread!

All my plans are done however,not sure when my daughter will be off ( or how much time she will get)- might downgrade from deluxe dining if she doesnt have enough time to join for many meals....... Ugh so close yet so far

Has there been any consistency with when they are changing the park hours, specifically for MK for the weeks around Christmas? A day of the week they change it on? 4 weeks in advance? Right now I have a group FP for 7DMT at almost 7pm because I realized that the 6pm one would make it so we would miss the Frozen lights at the castle, and I know that a big portion of our group (which has never been to Disney) likes Frozen it was really neat to watch when we went 2 years ago. So I changed the FP to AFTER the castle lighting. If I could score an 8-9ish-am FP I would be sooooo much happier.

I received two sets of magic bands. Maybe by mistake? Can I just bring the one set and they will activate or do I need both?

I received two sets of magic bands. Maybe by mistake? Can I just bring the one set and they will activate or do I need both?
Did you book a split stay? Last time we went we had a one night room only reservation for our first night, and then our package started the next day. Because of that, we also received 2 sets.

Did you book a split stay? Last time we went we had a one night room only reservation for our first night, and then our package started the next day. Because of that, we also received 2 sets.
Yes! We have 2 nights room only and then package starts at different resort. But we are starting our park tickets the first night of our room only stay so wondering how that will all work.

25 days until we fly out and I still have not called DME. I need to get that on my To-Do list. Unfortunately, work will keep me slammed right up until we leave. I will have quite a bit of time over Thanksgiving but the work week after that will be insane. In the meantime, I dumped my giant DSLR because I was sick of the size and weight. I went with a smaller form factor mirrorless camera that is better suited for travel/family and can still do very well with kids sports. I bought a lightweight, water resistant travel backpack. I was tired of the bulky, heavy one that I need with the DSLR. The new one folds up into itself in a little pouch. It can hold the camera, snacks, and trading pins for my daughter. It will be much easier to get through security with as well.

25 days until we fly out and I still have not called DME. I need to get that on my To-Do list. Unfortunately, work will keep me slammed right up until we leave. I will have quite a bit of time over Thanksgiving but the work week after that will be insane. In the meantime, I dumped my giant DSLR because I was sick of the size and weight. I went with a smaller form factor mirrorless camera that is better suited for travel/family and can still do very well with kids sports. I bought a lightweight, water resistant travel backpack. I was tired of the bulky, heavy one that I need with the DSLR. The new one folds up into itself in a little pouch. It can hold the camera, snacks, and trading pins for my daughter. It will be much easier to get through security with as well.
Would you mind sharing the model of the camera? I have been in the market for a new camera but there are so many types/brands that it is overwhelming.

Well, my Amazon card is getting such a workout that I got a call from Chase. Nothing crazy, but tons of stuff to purchase. After I place one order, I find something else. Everything I have purchased is for the trip, mostly. First the new camera. Then I needed spare batteries. Then I find a small camera bag. After finding that, I found what looks to be the perfect Disney backpack for my needs on a lightning deal. For $15, it is worth a shot. Online reviews love the backpack (not just the paid Amazon reviews). Then I found a waterproof pouch to line the backpack with. I think I have placed 12 orders with Amazon in the last 24 hours.

Well, my Amazon card is getting such a workout that I got a call from Chase. Nothing crazy, but tons of stuff to purchase. After I place one order, I find something else. Everything I have purchased is for the trip, mostly. First the new camera. Then I needed spare batteries. Then I find a small camera bag. After finding that, I found what looks to be the perfect Disney backpack for my needs on a lightning deal. For $15, it is worth a shot. Online reviews love the backpack (not just the paid Amazon reviews). Then I found a waterproof pouch to line the backpack with. I think I have placed 12 orders with Amazon in the last 24 hours.
100% with you on that. Since booking our trip last December, I have been adding items to a giant wish list and saving up. In October alone, I had 15 orders - all necessary, I promise. That's when it finally felt like the vacation countdown was really starting.

Just booked an impulse trip today! A friend and I have had a pretty rough school semester and could use a little vacation. Got a great deal on flights so we'll be there Dec 18-21! Super excited, after going this past March I didn't think I'd be able to make it down for a few years!

Is anyone planning on cancelling a reservation for a Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party for 12/30? Grandma decided to come along and I need to change my reservation from 3 to 4 for the later fireworks show. Please let me know!

Magic express docs are here, I've started gathering our disney tees and shorts to pack (since forecast calls for snow flurries tomorrow we won't need them at home :scared::guilty:). Need to figure out some groceries to order for breakfasts in the room tonight.

Oh, and make my 3yo son's magic band pink. Because it's been his favorite color now for 2 months and he insists on a pink band lol. Love him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter