***Official December 2017 thread!

Hubby and I are going 12/9-12/18. Trying an offsite stay this time :) Purchased APs so planning on going 3 times between Dec2017 and Dec 2018!! Can't wait for them to release more CP narrators so we can nail down which day we will see it :)

Welcome to everyone! I will update the thread either today or tomorrow! I came on just to say that we had a party of 6 join us this December and I booked their reservations and I absolutely cannot believe how full the resorts are! Their dates are 12/9 - 12/15! I am so glad I always book when I am at the resort or else I would probably keep second guessing myself! LOL
I think the secret is out for that week this year. Seems that a TON of people are going then. We may have lucked out by taking the pre-Christmas week.

Welcome to everyone! I will update the thread either today or tomorrow! I came on just to say that we had a party of 6 join us this December and I booked their reservations and I absolutely cannot believe how full the resorts are! Their dates are 12/9 - 12/15! I am so glad I always book when I am at the resort or else I would probably keep second guessing myself! LOL

I think the secret is out for that week this year. Seems that a TON of people are going then. We may have lucked out by taking the pre-Christmas week.
I think free dining may have a hand in it as well.

Yeah I have to say I'm a little nervous about my stay (Dec 11-16.) We're a group of three families, two of which have only been to Disney once in the '90s. We were hoping this would be a quiet time but resorts seem to be full and ADRS were tough to get. Plus if you look at the check in list, this is a popular time. Hopefully it's just DISers who are planning at this time and not the general public.

We're going 11/29-12/6 with my brother, his future wife, their baby, and our parents for Mom's birthday. First family trip in over a decade, and it's been 20 years since we've been to Disney together! I'm so freakin' excited!

ADR's usually become tough to get because people who are planning their trips snatch them up in surplus. Then when it gets closer to the date things magically open up. Last year I had to be glued to my computer to get Crystal palace at an early time. I did get it, then while we were on our trip we were constantly changing times. Not to mention one night not even 12 hours out we found and booked another Crystal Palace breakfast (yes we LOVE Crystal Palace breakfast) for the next morning, when nothing was available before hand. There is always hope to be had with ADR's especially the night before. As far as rooms being booked, you have to consider that a decent amount of resorts are under construction and therefore have less rooms to offer, look at CBR and CSR (drastically changed room amounts due to complete building teardowns). Sure word has gotten around about early Dec. but other factors are influencing this as well. Either way we are going to WDW and it'll be a heck of a lot better than a day at home!

I did get it, then while we were on our trip we were constantly changing times. Not to mention one night not even 12 hours out we found and booked another Crystal Palace breakfast (yes we LOVE Crystal Palace breakfast) for the next morning, when nothing was available before hand. There is always hope to be had with ADR's especially the night before.

I did that while I was there last week. I kept changing times as I found times closer to what I wanted. My 8am BOG was the highlight for me. *swoon*

I'll be honest, I was sweating at the 180 day mark b/c I was not getting into anywhere at 6 a.m. This week, I was able to finalize all of our ADR's for 12/1-12/10, and around the times we want.

This is our first time going during the holidays so we were wanting to concentrate on all of those special holiday only things and not so much the rides, so early morning breakfast weren't a must. Still managed:

Breakfasts at: Cape May, BOG, Akershus, Garden Grill
Lunches at: Brown Derby, Le Cellier, Plaza, San Angel Inn, Tony's (w/parade seating) & Frontera Cocina
Dinners at: 'Ohana, BOG, Liberty Tree, 50's Prime, Whispering Canyon, Yak & Yeti
Extras: Candlelight Processional, MVMCP, HEA dessert party & Wonderland Tea Party (at VGF)

I so highly recommend the dining apps, they were key for me, I have never used them before and was ecstatic with some of my 'gets' - and so much better than logging on several times a day to try and grab what I wanted (which I still did, but all of my hard-to-gets were from an app finder)

Hope this helps anyone struggling like I was.

I’ve noticed a lot more availability lately. Was able to add CRT and Garden Grill PPO (at 8:05! Originally had AK but swapped once we got CRT) and just added Tiffin’s since we’ve read so many good reviews.

This is our first trip making ADRs and we’ve got pretty much all the hard to get ones (excluding Chef Mickey’s but that was by choice)

I plan on disney bounding the week we are there and are starting to plan my outfits. Will i be ok if i wear tennis/golf skirts all week? Should i plan back ups with pants? We will be there 12/11-17th.

Thanks

I am so excited! I was able to get all the reservations we were hoping for! Only thing I would like to change is to add the Rivers of light package to our tusker house ressie and fantasmic to our Mama Melrose. But if we are not able to I am still thrilled with our line up! I was concerned because we are a party of 8 for most of our trip and on Christmas we are meeting family so we have 10. And the day after Christmas we are meeting up with more family that will be in town so we have 14 meeting up at Ohana's!

20-Dec Chef Mickeys 7:55 PM
21-Dec Tutto italia 8:15 PM
22-Dec Tusker House 8:35 AM
23-Dec minnie seasonal Dining 1:45 PM
24-Dec BE OUR GUEST 8:55 a.m.
24-Dec 1900 park fair 6:50 PM
25-Dec akershus 9:15 AM
25-Dec Beirgarten 7:00 PM
26-Dec ohana 8:15 PM
27-Dec whispering canyon 8 pm
28-Dec mamma melrose 2:15 PM
29-Dec Teppan Edo 7 p.m.
30-Dec Crystal palace 8:10 a.m.

Weather in December can be 90s/70s or they could be 40s/30s. You cannot plan for outfits until about 12/07 for that trip. Plus, where you are from determines what you may need. When it hits 65, Floridians are dressed in Eskimo parkas, fur lined boots, using hand and feet warmers. Me, I can wear shorts and flip flops in the 40s.

We just got back from our 2 week trip for the Summer. It was a blast. In hind sight and never being there that long, I would do it completely different. Now, we are looking forward to our December trip. Everything is paid off except dining. I am running numbers and trying to decide if it is worth getting the QS dining plan out of convenience. I highly doubt I will, but considering it. Even after going through the calculators, the only way to come ahead is picking a VERY small selection of places and VERY specific meals at those locations.

Keep in mind that two mods are under major renovations limiting rooms and Pop as well has about 2 buildings out of commission - this by no means covers the extensive sell outs there seem to be early December - but I am hoping that it's just a fluke as my 12/8-12/5 dates were supposed to be fairly quiet and calm.

Also - Pop Warner is in thru 12/10 I believe

That's what I was thinking with the renos. Didn't know abou Pop Warner, though. When are they arriving?

Cheer and Dance are Dec 1 - Dec 9. Pop Warner is Dec 6 - 13. The Value resorts are going to be slam packed. If the Cheer competition is anything like I saw once before, some of the girls were dressed in less clothing than a newly wed wife on her wedding night. The parks should not be impacted by the groups much. We are there 12/03 - 12/10. I am not concerned with it too much.

Pop Warner is at CBR this year - while I know some will still stay at the All Stars - the main resort is a mod this year

ETA - sorry they are are Coronado not Carib

We changed our check in date to 12/29 instead of 12/30. We will be at BC 12/29-1/1 :yay: and then OKW 1/1 - 1/6.
Been working hard on our ADR's since my DB and his family of at least 6 may be joining us. Our lunches and dinners in the beginning are late for us, since we are arriving from the west coast. This is what I have so far:

12/29 - CP Biergarten 5:40 with 8:15 show
12/30 - 'Ohana 4:20
12/30 - BOG 9:20
12/31 - Beaches & Cream 12:20
12/31 - Teppan Edo 6:50
1/1 - ESPN 12:35
1/1 - Sci-Fi 6:10
1/2 - Yak & Yeti 2:00
1/3 - CRT for the girls 1:25
1/3 - BOG for the boys after golf 2:15
1/3 - Tony's 7:05
1/4 - Boma 10:55
1/4 - Tiffins 6:50
1/5 - TaF (Bon Voyage) 10:35
1/5 - mamma Melrose 6:10

I really want a late dinner at Rose & Crown on the 31st around 10:00, but the selection ends at 8:00 while other epcot restaurants go past 10. Anyone have any ideas as to why R&C stops at 8:00?

We changed our check in date to 12/29 instead of 12/30. We will be at BC 12/29-1/1 :yay: and then OKW 1/1 - 1/6.
Been working hard on our ADR's since my DB and his family of at least 6 may be joining us. Our lunches and dinners in the beginning are late for us, since we are arriving from the west coast. This is what I have so far:

12/29 - CP Biergarten 5:40 with 8:15 show
12/30 - 'Ohana 4:20
12/30 - BOG 9:20
12/31 - Beaches & Cream 12:20
12/31 - Teppan Edo 6:50
1/1 - ESPN 12:35
1/1 - Sci-Fi 6:10
1/2 - Yak & Yeti 2:00
1/3 - CRT for the girls 1:25
1/3 - BOG for the boys after golf 2:15
1/3 - Tony's 7:05
1/4 - Boma 10:55
1/4 - Tiffins 6:50
1/5 - TaF (Bon Voyage) 10:35
1/5 - mamma Melrose 6:10

I really want a late dinner at Rose & Crown on the 31st around 10:00, but the selection ends at 8:00 while other epcot restaurants go past 10. Anyone have any ideas as to why R&C stops at 8:00?
looks delicious! I love the variety. It's only our second trip, so this time I'm trying some new things. I noticed you have Boma and Tiffins the same day. I know Boma is breakfast for you, but have you done both Boma and Tiffins? I have a Tiffins dinner with a Boma dinner the following night. Do you think they may be too similar in food choices since I have both for dinner? I just couldn't decide which one to try, so right now I have planned for both.

looks delicious! I love the variety. It's only our second trip, so this time I'm trying some new things. I noticed you have Boma and Tiffins the same day. I know Boma is breakfast for you, but have you done both Boma and Tiffins? I have a Tiffins dinner with a Boma dinner the following night. Do you think they may be too similar in food choices since I have both for dinner? I just couldn't decide which one to try, so right now I have planned for both.
I have only been to Boma for dinner, and my DH and I enjoyed it. But this time our whole family is going, and I believe they will enjoy too. I have never been to Tiffins, so we are really looking forward to it, I have seen many positive reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter