***Official December 2017 thread!

So happy!!!!

My 180 days was beginning of June and was up right at 6 to try and make all of our ADR's and could not get a lot of them. I have been going on at least once a day and using 2 different dining res notification apps and FINALLY got all of them squared away this morning with breakfasts at Garden Grill AND Akershaus.

Now all I need is the fireworks parties to open up so I can get a res there for Happily Ever After!

Last edited:
So happy!!!!

My 180 days was beginning of June and was up right at 6 to try and make all of our ADR's and could not get a lot of them. I have been going on at least once a day and using 2 different dining res notification apps and FINALLY got all of them squared away this morning with breakfasts at Garden Grill AND Akershaus.

Now all I need is the fireworks parties to open up so I can get a res there for Happily Ever After!
Yeah those two reservations were causing a headache for a lot of people!! We're still not squared away ourselves until they release ROL dining packages :sad2:

Yeah those two reservations were causing a headache for a lot of people!! We're still not squared away ourselves until they release ROL dining packages :sad2:

Have you been to ROL? We LOVED it, we did the dining package and were really pleased with the seats. Hoping you can grab it when it comes up, I'll look out when I keep looking for fireworks.

View attachment 247930

QUESTION OF THE DAY!!!

Do you take time to visit the characters in the parks or do you book character meals or are you just a park fiend and not into the characters??

We don't wait in line to meet characters unless we need an AC break or have already done most of what we want to do and the lines are short. Our daughter was terrified of characters last visit, so maybe we will do more if she likes them next time. I usually try to do one character meal and have two scheduled for December.

So happy!!!!

Same! As soon as I got GG I moved on to thinking about fireworks parties. I hope they don't open them in such a confusing way as they did with CP packages!

Have you been to ROL? We LOVED it, we did the dining package and were really pleased with the seats. Hoping you can grab it when it comes up, I'll look out when I keep looking for fireworks.
We haven't yet! I have no doubt that we will love it that's why I want to get the dining package. Our last trip was October last year so it wasn't running yet.

We haven't yet! I have no doubt that we will love it that's why I want to get the dining package. Our last trip was October last year so it wasn't running yet.

I will say some people seem to not like it because it's not 'Disney' enough (no familiar characters or music) and not as exciting and 'in your face' like fireworks.

But I think it has a subtle beauty and story that fits AK very well.

View attachment 247930

QUESTION OF THE DAY!!!

Do you take time to visit the characters in the parks or do you book character meals or are you just a park fiend and not into the characters??

If there's a character out and about that I would love a pic with, I do visit them...I do a couple character meals each trip...so far for my November trip I have "Minnie's Seasonal Dine Dinner at Hollywood & Vine" booked...I hope to see Rapunzel on my next trip...she is the last Princess I need a pic with...so far...LOL....

Finally got all of my reservations down and for the approximate times that we wanted! Akershus breakfast for the 10th was a hard one to get! Now I can relax on planning until fast pass time comes near.

Just thought I'd post here that I was just able to book a FEA Plaza Dessert Party for 12/2 this morning. It looks like they opened today for non-party nights through December.
I spot checked and it looks like they are available through December. Here is the watch thread with more info for anyone interested:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/hea-dessert-party-watch-thread-oct-nov-dec-dates.3614405/

Finally got GG CP on Sunday and now with this settled I am almost done with reservations! Good luck to anyone still hunting!

Just thought I'd post here that I was just able to book a FEA Plaza Dessert Party for 12/2 this morning. It looks like they opened today for non-party nights through December.
I spot checked and it looks like they are available through December. Here is the watch thread with more info for anyone interested:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/hea-dessert-party-watch-thread-oct-nov-dec-dates.3614405/

Finally got GG CP on Sunday and now with this settled I am almost done with reservations! Good luck to anyone still hunting!
Yes!!! Just came over to report too! I booked garden view for Dec. 26. Yay!

..I hope to see Rapunzel on my next trip...she is the last Princess I need a pic with...so far...LOL....

Hope you get your photo! My grand daughter loves Rapunzel but is over the top about Flynn Ryder so I booked the Bon Voyage breakfast as a surprise.

I too was able to get the Fireworks Desert party Plaza view for 12/13! Things are coming together. I wonder how many times I will change things around before December! :-).

I just got a Garden Grill CP for 8am on the 16th! I've been looking for this one for a while and after changing the party from 2 to 3 I was able to find the reservation! So happy!

Grabbed an Akershus breakfast at 8:35 for the 20th. I'm hoping they'll extend Epcot's hours to open at 8 (right now says 9) so we can go on Soarin and Test Track beforehand.

Edit: Looks unlikely that they'll be opening earlier than 9, but I was able to get an 8:15 instead, so we shouldn't miss out on too much rope drop action!

Last edited:
Popping in to say hi! I'm new to the Disboards, but have done Disney more times than I can count. Lol. We used to live in Orlando and went all the time. Anyway, we'll be at All Star Music from Dec 10-16. Looking forward to our trip very much. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to snag a couple of ADRs that I couldn't get at the 180 day mark, but no worries if we don't get them. :)

Just booked a DP at Biergarten for the 6:15 Candlelight Processional. Very excited to see it for the first time and to also hear Neil Patrick Harris narrate. Was also able to snag a late dinner at Beaches and Cream. Now if only I can find an opening at BOG!

Got our dessert party reserved for Dec. 13th. Woohoo! Now to wait for FP and for The Last Jedi premiere info!

Got dessert party with garden view for our Thanksgiving trip on November 27.

Also booked CP at Rose and Crown on December 27 at 2 pm with show at 8:15 pm. Works perfectly in our schedule!

Welcome to everyone! I will update the thread either today or tomorrow! I came on just to say that we had a party of 6 join us this December and I booked their reservations and I absolutely cannot believe how full the resorts are! Their dates are 12/9 - 12/15! I am so glad I always book when I am at the resort or else I would probably keep second guessing myself! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter