***Official December 2017 thread!

Just found this thread. We just my daughter who will be 14 and me are booked with free dining at All Star Sports Dec 17-31st. We have 10 day hoppers and are planning 2 MVMCPs. We typically go every June for 8-12 days. We have been dying to go at Christmas for several years now. The resorts are so expensive at this time, free dining in a value resort allows us to go for more days and have extras. Since we have only been in summer, we are following this thread to get ideas and have fun planning. I am looking so forward to Epcot and all the Christmas stuff they do. We don't have a favorite or least favorite park. We hop a lot though, rarely spending an entire day in one park. With free dining we get 14 table meals during this time. We know we will do LTT for Christmas Eve, 50s Prime Time Christmas Day and TH breakfast for ROL package. We also do a Garden Grill PPO breakfast every year. LOVE Garden Grill. We want to try BOG dinner and my daughter is obsessed with France so will eat one meal there as well. What other table service meals should we try for Candlelight Processional? Thinking Coral Reef since I know we like the food, but would like to try some new places as well.

Just found this thread. We just my daughter who will be 14 and me are booked with free dining at All Star Sports Dec 17-31st. We have 10 day hoppers and are planning 2 MVMCPs. We typically go every June for 8-12 days. We have been dying to go at Christmas for several years now. The resorts are so expensive at this time, free dining in a value resort allows us to go for more days and have extras. Since we have only been in summer, we are following this thread to get ideas and have fun planning. I am looking so forward to Epcot and all the Christmas stuff they do. We don't have a favorite or least favorite park. We hop a lot though, rarely spending an entire day in one park. With free dining we get 14 table meals during this time. We know we will do LTT for Christmas Eve, 50s Prime Time Christmas Day and TH breakfast for ROL package. We also do a Garden Grill PPO breakfast every year. LOVE Garden Grill. We want to try BOG dinner and my daughter is obsessed with France so will eat one meal there as well. What other table service meals should we try for Candlelight Processional? Thinking Coral Reef since I know we like the food, but would like to try some new places as well.

I would do Biergarten with the Candlelight Processional. :)

I am so excited! We are staying at CBR on Dec 9-16. We were able to keep the gift card and got a standard room with free dining! Now it's time to start figuring out where we want to eat (we upgraded to the regular dining plan as well).

Heeellllllppppp!!!

Free dining is done...I got what I came for and I can't make adr's until June 12th. That's a month and a half away!!! What can I do to get my Disney fix until then???

Heeellllllppppp!!!

Free dining is done...I got what I came for and I can't make adr's until June 12th. That's a month and a half away!!! What can I do to get my Disney fix until then???
plan another trip for June, then make your ADRs on Splash Mountain!

I will be with my daughter and her kids (23, 21 and 12) Dec 14th-22nd. We are staying at the Contemporary with Free Dining. Not really free since we moved from Port Orleans Riverside but the kids are beyond excited to be staying at a deluxe within walking distance of the Magic Kingdom. We are flying in on a red eye from Seattle so we have been trying to decide what we want to do that day. They kind of want to do the Christmas party that night but I think we will be to tired to enjoy it.

I will be with my daughter and her kids (23, 21 and 12) Dec 14th-22nd. We are staying at the Contemporary with Free Dining. Not really free since we moved from Port Orleans Riverside but the kids are beyond excited to be staying at a deluxe within walking distance of the Magic Kingdom. We are flying in on a red eye from Seattle so we have been trying to decide what we want to do that day. They kind of want to do the Christmas party that night but I think we will be to tired to enjoy it.
Imagine how nice that late afternoon nap in your Contemporary room is going to feel after a red eye. It might be rejuvenating enough that you have the energy for a Christmas party!

We're also flying from the West Coast, but we'll be flying during the day, getting us there too late to do anything but possibly have dinner. If you were having post-flight dinner for ten people ages 2-72, without an ADR, where would you go?

Imagine how nice that late afternoon nap in your Contemporary room is going to feel after a red eye. It might be rejuvenating enough that you have the energy for a Christmas party!

We're also flying from the West Coast, but we'll be flying during the day, getting us there too late to do anything but possibly have dinner. If you were having post-flight dinner for ten people ages 2-72, without an ADR, where would you go?

Where are you staying?

Most of us are staying off-site at Marriott's Sabal Palms, but a few of us have a room at All Star Music. We will have rental cars.
I would actually congregate at Disney Springs and have everyone choose where they wanna eat. They have some EXCELLENT counter service restaurants there. Then everyone can get something they'd like.

I highly recommend D-Luxe Burger :thumbsup2

I can’t make mine until June 6th – to get my Disney fix I’m watching SO many vlogs – I like to see restaurants/quick service counters different food options and I make a list of things that I might like to do ie. The nachos at this place! I’ve also tentatively created day plans based on last years park hours until the ones this year are released. A general plan of what day we will be where which will help when ADRs come out. Also watching so many Disney movies, rewatching some classics and some new ones I missed. Aaaand shopping, lol I already have so much for the trip but I’m still looking for the perfect outfit for MVMCP!

Oh and reading a lot of trip reports!!!

And we’ll be renting a car and going out for some cheaper meals so I’ve been looking at areas to go on google!

I can’t make mine until June 6th – to get my Disney fix I’m watching SO many vlogs – I like to see restaurants/quick service counters different food options and I make a list of things that I might like to do ie. The nachos at this place! I’ve also tentatively created day plans based on last years park hours until the ones this year are released. A general plan of what day we will be where which will help when ADRs come out. Also watching so many Disney movies, rewatching some classics and some new ones I missed. Aaaand shopping, lol I already have so much for the trip but I’m still looking for the perfect outfit for MVMCP!

Oh and reading a lot of trip reports!!!

And we’ll be renting a car and going out for some cheaper meals so I’ve been looking at areas to go on google!

What food vlogs are you watching? I want to start watching some. And please give me details on where to go for nachos!!! I can't have enough nachos.

Target had some cute tshirts that were on sale this weekend. I only bought some for dd but I saw some cute ones in the women's section too. DD is all set except for the shirts we'll make ourselves.

Guys! I'm in the THICK of planning (12/21-28). Our party: my parents, DH, DD1, DD3. Hubby joining us on 12/22 night. Want recs on planning, have touring plans subscriptions, but still can't wrap my head around what I want to do.

What would everyone do for Christmas Day,BOG for early dinner and MK for at least nighttime. GO!

Hello! I am new here to the Disboards. I have been lurking for a little while since we booked our Family Early Christmas Present :santa: and finally decided to join in all the fun! We have booked a family suite at AS Music from Dec 1st to 8th! We are a military family going with another military family, they are staying at AS Sports so we are all close enough to have tons of fun together! We are driving down Nov 30th arriving on the 1st. It will be myself, DH, DD16, DD14, DD6 and DS3. For our friends it will be her, her DH, and DS7and DS5. Kinda bummed that we are just missing Free Dining, but overall we are super excited and I am trying to get my Disney fix here counting down the days!!!

Since we are waiting to be able to make our dining reservations (38 more days for me!), let's spend this time chatting about plans or what we like to do. What is the first park that you go when you get to Disney?

We always have to go to MK when we get there...it somehow solidifies that we are actually AT Disney.

We don't have a certain go-to first day park. We did HS last time and just happened to work out for this time too.

When we started planning this trip, we didn't have a go-to park either...however when we saw that our plans didn't get us into MK until day 3, we shuffled pre-plans around to get MK as the first park. Pretty much agreed right there that the first thing we want to see from a park perspective is a view down Main Street USA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter