Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the cake Wolfgang Puck Cafe made for DS & DD last year. I asked for the most chocolate they could muster, but I guess this was the best they could do. The nice thing is that they counted it as 4 desserts on the DDP, so we didn't have to pay for it :cool1:
cake.jpg

You can certainly share the cake with the people on your cruise!

We got a cake at Coral Reef right before an IllumiNations Cruise, and when we told our captain about it, she brought out plates and utensils and even served it for us. The only thing was, she didn't have anything more than a plastic knife to cut it with, so I suppose if you wanted to be *really* prepared you could bring one of those plastic pie servers with the serrated edge.... :cutie:

so I suppose if you wanted to be *really* prepared you could bring one of those plastic pie servers with the serrated edge.... :cutie:

You can't bring a butter knife into the park, so I don't think they'll let a serrated pie server into the park either.

You can't bring a butter knife into the park, so I don't think they'll let a serrated pie server into the park either.

Ahh, but the fireworks cruise doesn't go IN the parks! I like that idea! We're having our cake delivered to the boat and they are supposed to bring down all the stuff we'll need, but I might bring along one of those pie servers just in case!

I ordered a Mickey head cake from the hotline for POP. We were there last Aug. I picked it up in the food court but was told it could be delivered. Someone had to be in the room to accept it was the only requirement.

How much did your Mickey head cake cost?

I must ask, which bakery did you call to get this cake and would you mind telling me how much you paid for it? I wanted this SO BAD for ou 25th anniversary, but they told me they started at $500! I didn't think they'd just do the one layer. This is a pic of our cake, that I LOVE LOVE LOVE, and am VERY happy this is the one I found and ordered, but for future reference I'd like more info on your cake! I love it so much! Thanks for any info you can offer.
ry%3D400

I got a quote for a mad hatter cake before I settled on our tinkerbelle cake which looked very similar to your anniversary cake and they quoted me $125.00 from the GF bakery. This was about a year ago though so expect some increase - Whip

Hi Brenda, so newlyweds how exciting.....let's see if I can remember back that far!!! Thanks for the good wishes on our 20th anniversary, watch out in a blink of an eye it goes by! I am so excited to call and get info and ideas on the cakes from the Yachtsman, we leave 3 weeks from today, so I think I should wait another week before I call? Do you know if they will box up the cake for you to take with you? I am sure we will not eat it all, we are going on an illuminations cruise right after our dinner, we are sharing one with some people from the dis, and I thought we could probably share some left over cake with them is this allowed? I also can't wait for our meal, I have heard great reviews of this place! And hey if your husband works there it has to be great right!! Congratulations on your marriage may it be long and happy! Deb

Deb -

Thank you - Newlyweds is exciting except we are 1200 miles apart since I'm finishing at my job in CT and trying to pack for the move but I will be in FL soon!!

You can call anytime you want should be ok your under a month. Yes they will box it up for you - but if you want to share you might want to have some small plates and forks with you. Ziplocs are good to have also in case you have some leftover to store in the fridge in the room. I've been going to the Yachtsmen for about 4 years for all of our birthday and anniversary celebrations all of my family and friends have loved the food, service and the cakes I have ordered.

Let me know how your dinner and cake where when you get back. Safe travels!!

Brenda

Can you order a mini castle cake or glass slipper dessert from ohana's?
(I don't know what a glass slipper dessert is)

No. They are made/offered at the GF. The slipper dessert is also available at Cinderella Castle as well.

This is the one from GF:
12600slipper.JPG

This is the one from CRT in White choc:
12600SlipperdessertatCRT.jpg

This is the one from CRT in Dark choc:
12600dark_choc_slipper.jpg

Wondering if anyone can help me
Am thinking of doing dinner for DD's 11th at the T-Rex restaurant in DTD any ideas where i could order a cake from for there? I assume i'll have to pick it up and take it with me which isn't a problem

TIA :thumbsup2

Actually you can order them. i just ordered both of these back in Nov. and the Chef & Pastry Chef are fabulous ad willing to help you with anything you need but if any one is allgeric to any kind of nuts be sure to note that they will not serve these desserts to you.

if you need any info. just email me, I am more than happy to help.

Brenda, I hope you will be with your husband soon, that must be hard to be away from each other especially being newlyweds! Thanks for all of your help and I will let you know how it turns out when we return. I am going to give them a call probably tomorrow and see what they come up with. Also thanks for the info on being able to box up the cake, and the ziploc bags great idea. I am so excited I can't wait. Deb :cool1:

Too...many...pages....!! Too...many...cakes!!!

HELP!

We're going to be celebrating a COUPLE big events on our September trip:

1) DS 5th birthday

2) DD's 3rd birthday

3) Our (DW and I) 10th anniversary.

And I need cake help!

I think I've picked "our" cake for our anniversary (and subsequent "surprise", which I can't mention here since DW has taken to reading) dinner.

But I need ideas for cake(s) for our kids combined birthday party (on the 20th). He's a pirate freak, she's a tinkerbell (and princess) nut. I saw mentioned the minicakes (pirate chest and princess jewelry box) but haven't been able to track down pics. And then I found this thread (and it's prececessor) and am completely overwhelmed.....

I'd love to find a pirate ship cake, which could incorporate the pirates AND tink.....but I haven't seen anything like that in the thread so far (and I'll be honest, I've waded through a dozen pages, not all 380+ between the two threads!). Any help and suggestions would be GREAT.

Edit: I should add:

We're staying at Kidani Village (Animal Kingdom Villas). Dinner that night will be at Boma's, and that's where we'd intended to celebrate their party, but we're in the MK all day (and could do a sit down for lunch there, too) if that's easier. We will likely NOT have a car with us...though it remains possible. I'd prefer to have the cake at dinner, but in Room wouldn't be bad, either.

Wondering if anyone can help me
Am thinking of doing dinner for DD's 11th at the T-Rex restaurant in DTD any ideas where i could order a cake from for there? I assume i'll have to pick it up and take it with me which isn't a problem

TIA :thumbsup2

Will you have a car? (I'm only asking, because you said you could pick it up.) If so, you may want to check out www.Publix.com We order all our cakes from there. They're delicious! If you won't have transportation, other than Disney's, the only place that I know of for sure that offers pickup is Boardwalk Bakery. Maybe, someone else can offer more suggestions.

Actually you can order them. i just ordered both of these back in Nov. and the Chef & Pastry Chef are fabulous ad willing to help you with anything you need but if any one is allgeric to any kind of nuts be sure to note that they will not serve these desserts to you.

if you need any info. just email me, I am more than happy to help.

Are you saying you were able to get a mini castle cake or glass slipper at Ohana? It would be nice, if they were offered at more locations.

Will you have a car? (I'm only asking, because you said you could pick it up.) If so, you may want to check out www.Publix.com We order all our cakes from there. They're delicious! If you won't have transportation, other than Disney's, the only place that I know of for sure that offers pickup is Boardwalk Bakery. Maybe, someone else can offer more suggestions.

Are you saying you were able to get a mini castle cake or glass slipper at Ohana? It would be nice, if they were offered at more locations.

Yes I got both!! but unfortunately(sp) our table was unable to have them due to 2 of the guest being allgeric to nuts so the chefs wouldn;t allow them to bring the desserts out so the chef made us a special dessert up and it was great!

I think I've picked "our" cake for our anniversary (and subsequent "surprise", which I can't mention here since DW has taken to reading) dinner.

Not to cause you problems with your wife, but you may want to create another account that she won't recognize. That way you can ask all the questions you want & she'll still be surprised. :)

Yes I got both!! but unfortunately(sp) our table was unable to have them due to 2 of the guest being allgeric to nuts so the chefs wouldn;t allow them to bring the desserts out so the chef made us a special dessert up and it was great!

Sorry, you couldn't have them at your table, but I really appreciate the info. Hopefully, there's hope for people who don't want to celebrate @ GF after all. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter