****Official August 2014 Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all :) My DBF and I booked an AoA LM room for 8/3/14 to 8/15/14. This will be our longest trip yet, so we're very excited. Especially because AoA looks so cute and well-themed! :yay:

Hi all :) My DBF and I booked an AoA LM room for 8/3/14 to 8/15/14. This will be our longest trip yet, so we're very excited. Especially because AoA looks so cute and well-themed! :yay:

Welcome!!! I love nice long trips!! I wanted to book AoA for my upcoming September trip but there were no discounts for it and I didn't want to pay full price if I didn't have to. So, we will stay at POP with a 30% off and visit AoA for lunch. :goodvibes

Welcome!!! I love nice long trips!! I wanted to book AoA for my upcoming September trip but there were no discounts for it and I didn't want to pay full price if I didn't have to. So, we will stay at POP with a 30% off and visit AoA for lunch. :goodvibes

Thanks! I'm so excited to plan for two weeks instead of one; I'm hoping for some actual relaxation time this visit! :rotfl: Last time we went, we stayed at POP and liked it a lot. I'm hoping that the buses at AoA run just as smoothly as they did at POP. And I can't wait to try AoA at least once because I've heard good things. :hyper:

Been a little MIA. Laptop down for 2 weeks and getting ready to close on 8/14 so been packing and organizing.

I can't believe it's August already but that means we are all a year away!!! I haven't had much time to plan or think about the trip (blasphemy I know!! :lmao:) but I'm glad we are a year out.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Thanks! I'm so excited to plan for two weeks instead of one; I'm hoping for some actual relaxation time this visit! :rotfl: Last time we went, we stayed at POP and liked it a lot. I'm hoping that the buses at AoA run just as smoothly as they did at POP. And I can't wait to try AoA at least once because I've heard good things. :hyper:

I think it's going to be great!!! Definitely want to stay there one day! :thumbsup2

Been a little MIA. Laptop down for 2 weeks and getting ready to close on 8/14 so been packing and organizing.

I can't believe it's August already but that means we are all a year away!!! I haven't had much time to plan or think about the trip (blasphemy I know!! :lmao:) but I'm glad we are a year out.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Oh yeah!!!! 1 more year!!!! :cheer2:

It's really sad, because I keep thinking about how far out that is, and keep totally disregarding that I will be in Disney in 54 days!!! I think because I was just there in April, it is not registering for me that I will be there again so soon. Maybe once I am on the plane... :rotfl:

Is it 180 days out yet???????

So I wanted to take a quick straw poll. Regarding y'alls trips next August, who thinks they'll partake in FP+?? A lot can change in a year, and I'm not holding any of you to it. I'm only trying to get some opinions on this game changer. Gonna be nuts.

Oh, and is anyone else excited about Spice Road? Seriously considering adding an ADR for it to the schedule.

Only 375 sleeps until Travel Day!

Cheers,
Indy

Is it 180 days out yet???????

So I wanted to take a quick straw poll. Regarding y'alls trips next August, who thinks they'll partake in FP+?? A lot can change in a year, and I'm not holding any of you to it. I'm only trying to get some opinions on this game changer. Gonna be nuts.

Oh, and is anyone else excited about Spice Road? Seriously considering adding an ADR for it to the schedule.

Only 375 sleeps until Travel Day!

Cheers,
Indy

LOL! When I booked our August trip, the CM gave me my 180 day, which was sometime in Feb....I was horrified at how far away it was. :rotfl2:

I don't know how I feel about FP+. On our last few trips, we stopped using the dining plan because we didn't want to be tied down to reservations, but now we have the same thing but with rides.

I am hoping to be chosen to test them on my trip next month. Then at least its just me, and not having to coordinate my entire family. At least then I'd have a taste for it...

We got back from our 2013 trip a few weeks ago (7/10-7/19). Most likely we'll be back for late August '14. The thought of over a year away is killing me. So I guess I'll just have to fantasize about a mid year trip. But that's unlikely. BTW, We always stay at POFQ.

We got back from our 2013 trip a few weeks ago (7/10-7/19). Most likely we'll be back for late August '14. The thought of over a year away is killing me. So I guess I'll just have to fantasize about a mid year trip. But that's unlikely. BTW, We always stay at POFQ.

Welcome!!! :dance3:

What are your favorite things about POFQ? I am staying there for the 1st time next month! :yay:

We are going in August 2014 too! There are 9 of us going, which is very exciting. My family (myself, my husband and our two kids), my brother, his wife, and their daughter, and my parents are all going! We are staying at POR from 8/8-8/17. We are SO excited! 364 more days! LOL!

We are going in August 2014 too! There are 9 of us going, which is very exciting. My family (myself, my husband and our two kids), my brother, his wife, and their daughter, and my parents are all going! We are staying at POR from 8/8-8/17. We are SO excited! 364 more days! LOL!

Welcome!!! :cheer2:

Hey, at least you have now dipped under the 1 year mark!!!! :cool1:

We are booked Aug. 10-24, 2014 at a premier campsite at FW. Taking our 5th wheel with my husband, 2 sons, 1 finance, our grandson, and me. We have always wanted to stay at FW, so needless to say everyone is very excited :cool1:

Hey joining in!!! We just got back from WDW but my hubby and I have decided to finally take a WDW trip kidless!! So 8/2014 is our Disneymoon since we never really got a honeymoom!

VERY very true! LOL! Thanks for starting this thread!

My pleasure!! :goodvibes

We are booked Aug. 10-24, 2014 at a premier campsite at FW. Taking our 5th wheel with my husband, 2 sons, 1 finance, our grandson, and me. We have always wanted to stay at FW, so needless to say everyone is very excited :cool1:

Sounds like quite the adventure!!! I'll mark you down on page 1.

Hi, we head on over the big pond a year today :cheer2:

Oooooh! Is this an anniversary trip?? I remember your pics from the YC thread. :goodvibes

Hey joining in!!! We just got back from WDW but my hubby and I have decided to finally take a WDW trip kidless!! So 8/2014 is our Disneymoon since we never really got a honeymoom!

Nice!!! Going with the kids is so much fun, but I do miss the days when it just DH and I used to go (before marriage and up until our honeymoon). You're going to have a blast!!!

SO, question of the day....how long has it been since your last trip???

For me, my family and I were there in April. We go every year. I am actuall going next month with my best friend for a grown up trip! :cool1: but, it will have been 16 months for my DH and kids between trips once August hits which is the longest they've gone between visits. :scared1:

The kids don't know about it though....they are starting to expect these trips (this will be their 5th trip) and I don't want them to feel entitled to them. I've told them they are never going again...:rotfl2:

Hi everyone, I am very excited to finally have our second family trip to WDW booked for August 19-26, 2014 staying at AOA in a Little Mermaid room. Our first trip was last August (2012) in a Royal Room at POR with free dining. We had originally booked a bounce back offer for this August with Free dining, but had to cancel due to two family weddings this summer, and the cost of them. With no discounts currently being offered for next summer, we opted to choose a value resort, and we really wanted to try AOA (I have two DD's, currently 5 and 8). If discounts do become available, we may switch resorts, but I really do like what I have seen from pictures of AOA, and do think that my daughters will love the LM rooms. Can't wait until next August now. :cool1:

Hi everyone, I am very excited to finally have our second family trip to WDW booked for August 19-26, 2014 staying at AOA in a Little Mermaid room. Our first trip was last August (2012) in a Royal Room at POR with free dining. We had originally booked a bounce back offer for this August with Free dining, but had to cancel due to two family weddings this summer, and the cost of them. With no discounts currently being offered for next summer, we opted to choose a value resort, and we really wanted to try AOA (I have two DD's, currently 5 and 8). If discounts do become available, we may switch resorts, but I really do like what I have seen from pictures of AOA, and do think that my daughters will love the LM rooms. Can't wait until next August now. :cool1:

:welcome:

The LM rooms look awesome!!!! :love:

We are all counting down together!! C'mon August 2014!

I have updated all of what I believe to be confirmed dates/resorts one page 1. Let me know if I'm missing anyone. :goodvibes

Planning an August 2014 return to WDW and it's good to find a place of like-minded planners and dreamers. First trip for us was 2010 and I've been wanting to go back ever since the bittersweet ride on the Disney bus back to the airport!:hyper:

We just booked a bounceback! :) we'll be 'home' from august 20th-september 3rd with FREE dining! yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter