*****Official April 2020 thread*****

I happened to look on Southwest this morning while having my coffee, every now and then I check prices, and noticed the price drop and moved on the drop right away. Both of our SW flights dropped in points/price, but now this afternoon they are right back up to when I got them originally!
That worked perfectly, thank you! And changing (versus cancelling) allowed me to keep my early bird so I'm super happy!
That's what I did, I had EBCI for my flights, so I didn't cancel. I got a credit on one flight and need to see about using by Sep 26, the other I had booked on points so got those points back in the account.

Booked it all today! Bumped to a preferred at POR, because the JetBlue flights dropped enough to cover the difference! Did our Dining Reservations, surprised I found an Oga's Cantina almost immediately! Can't wait!

Glad I found this thread - we are ready to go April 19-26 and we are pretty much healthy (overweight - such is life) so unless things take a huge turn we will be going! Not doing DHS at all this year - kids could care less about Star Wars and I’m happy to let the crowds just be over there.
AndI agree with others - if the crowds gets lighter by April - shorter lines for us!

Does anyone know why touring plans is now reporting crowds higher the first week of April? I was sort of thinking with all the Covid-19 virus fears crowds would actually go down? Seems strange.

Does anyone know why touring plans is now reporting crowds higher the first week of April? I was sort of thinking with all the Covid-19 virus fears crowds would actually go down? Seems strange.

I'm sure that isn't entering into their calculations at all yet. Until we start seeing significant shifts in crowd levels, they will continue to adjust based on historic and recent trends and all their other data points.

They have a blog post up about revisions to their model that will hopefully account for the unprecedented string of crowd level 10 days seen recently. It didn't mention anything about queue lengths, so I don't know if anticipated wait times will similarly shift.

Touring plans currently has 10/10 every day starting 3/9-3/17!!! Easter isn't until Mid April this year.

Just booked my flight for end of April and looks like Coronavirus has dropped fares significantly on Southwest!
Same! We were going to drive (6.5 hours) but its just hubby and me this time so when I saw $59 each way per person, I jumped on it!

My hubby just surprised me with a trip April 11-16 for my 40th birthday. I am shocked, since we were just there at the end of August. I’m so excited, but have had no say in any of the fast pass plans (unusual for me). I now need to read through this thread and get myself prepared.

My hubby just surprised me with a trip April 11-16 for my 40th birthday. I am shocked, since we were just there at the end of August. I’m so excited, but have had no say in any of the fast pass plans (unusual for me). I now need to read through this thread and get myself prepared.

Whoops! Not sure why that posted twice.

Lots of April birthdays in this thread!

Has anyone been checking FPs, ADRs, or resort availability to change things around as people cancel plans for April? I expected more movement based on what I was seeing on other threads but nothing is freeing up. Maybe it’s because I’m looking for 4/15-4/19 and we haven’t hit the 30 day window? Interested if anyone is traveling earlier in April and seeing things change. We are staying at All Star Sports and have terrible FPs so I’m especially looking for one of the refurbished All Stars to open up-or Pop-and definitely to score more Tier 1 FPs. A BOG breakfast rez would also be nice. (Note: I don’t want to be obnoxious about profiting from other people’s cancelled trips so please don’t take this question the wrong way!)

Has anyone been checking FPs, ADRs, or resort availability to change things around as people cancel plans for April? I expected more movement based on what I was seeing on other threads but nothing is freeing up. Maybe it’s because I’m looking for 4/15-4/19 and we haven’t hit the 30 day window? Interested if anyone is traveling earlier in April and seeing things change. We are staying at All Star Sports and have terrible FPs so I’m especially looking for one of the refurbished All Stars to open up-or Pop-and definitely to score more Tier 1 FPs. A BOG breakfast rez would also be nice. (Note: I don’t want to be obnoxious about profiting from other people’s cancelled trips so please don’t take this question the wrong way!)
Just in my limited looking (we have plans to travel the week after you 4/19-26), I’m not seeing any new availability or evidence of people canceling. If anything, the week we are going seems to be packed - at least based on the resort availability. Keep thinking maybe I’ll get lucky and a Theme Park view will open up at GF instead of lagoon view, but nothing yet. Same with ADR’s - I was able to shift some times a few weeks ago, but not for marquee restaurants, just standard TS.
Maybe this will change if and when we start seeing cases that can connect to someone at WDW, or a trip there.

I’ve been looking to change some fast passes around too. We are going the 11-16. I haven’t had much luck yet, especially at HS. I found more availability at Magic Kingdom and Epcot. I did put out a reservation finder for BOG and it came through the next day. Maybe give that a try.

Haven't noticed anything for my trip (4/23-4/28), I'd imagine you would start to see the folks who have package reservations make those changes at the 30 day mark for the dates of your trip. Folks who are offsite or who have room only reservations have a bit more time to make those decisions pending the cancellation policies (room only on-site can cancel up to 5-6 days out from their trip and the dining can be cancelled 24 hrs ahead of time without penalty). As far as the FPs are concerned unfortunately just keep checking and praying as there is no penalty for hanging onto those.

Just in my limited looking (we have plans to travel the week after you 4/19-26), I’m not seeing any new availability or evidence of people canceling. If anything, the week we are going seems to be packed - at least based on the resort availability. Keep thinking maybe I’ll get lucky and a Theme Park view will open up at GF instead of lagoon view, but nothing yet. Same with ADR’s - I was able to shift some times a few weeks ago, but not for marquee restaurants, just standard TS.
Maybe this will change if and when we start seeing cases that can connect to someone at WDW, or a trip there.

At least I’m not missing something-I was so confident things would move around I was feeling crazy!

Haven't noticed anything for my trip (4/23-4/28), I'd imagine you would start to see the folks who have package reservations make those changes at the 30 day mark for the dates of your trip. Folks who are offsite or who have room only reservations have a bit more time to make those decisions pending the cancellation policies (room only on-site can cancel up to 5-6 days out from their trip and the dining can be cancelled 24 hrs ahead of time without penalty). As far as the FPs are concerned unfortunately just keep checking and praying as there is no penalty for hanging onto those.

quick procedural question: if someone with a vacation package cancels their trip, what happens to their tickets? They go unused, eventually, but to your point about FPs...unless they self dropped their FPs there’s no way to know they aren’t going to be using their ticket at the park until day of, right?

so what I’m saying is—in theory, even if crowds do drop due to advance cancellations, it would still be a day of scramble to pick up any newly available FPs?

quick procedural question: if someone with a vacation package cancels their trip, what happens to their tickets? They go unused, eventually, but to your point about FPs...unless they self dropped their FPs there’s no way to know they aren’t going to be using their ticket at the park until day of, right?

so what I’m saying is—in theory, even if crowds do drop due to advance cancellations, it would still be a day of scramble to pick up any newly available FPs?

If they are linked to a package if they cancel outside of 30 days the FPs and dining to my knowledge all go back into the system (someone can correct me on that). Tickets I'm not sure how that works, idk if they are refunded through Disney as it has been a while since I've booked a vacation package.

As far as the room only or offsite folks who make the FPs at 30 days idk if those reservations are cancelled if the FPs and ADRs are subsequently cancelled. I know this was a loophole that was allegedly closed off in the last year so if an on-site guest cancels their onsite reservation everything goes back into the system, but an off-site guest doesn't have to cancel anything until close to day of.

Hope that's clear enough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter