*****Official April 2020 thread*****

Ugh. This virus. I do think we haven’t seen the worst for sure. I jus those everything I can be taken care of. We are going end of April beginning of May. We have spent countless hours planning booking dining. We just got our fast passes. I am
really hoping the parks will stay open and the hours won’t be cut. I guess it’s day by day for now. °o°

I'm keeping positive here! Joining in the April 2020 thread, because I am absolutely crazy, and I'm planning on a last minute trip to the World for a long weekend at the end of April! Food & Wine, and SSE one last time before I go in August and its closed? I think so! Hopefully staying at Riverside, which would be a new resort for me. Can't wait!

Anyone see news on the MK hours that said it's going to 10 pm? I look at the news daily now, but did I miss the change to 10? I clearly missed that news!!!! How did I overlook that news? Now, on the official site I see April 1-4 at MK is 9 am to 10 pm.

Park hours check on the official site, still seeing the same for my time in April as:
MK 9-9
Epcot 9-9
DHS 9-830
AK 9-8

Every year April hours sloooowly creep up to 10pm closes. It's always a good day when you see it for your week. :lovestruc

Ugh. This virus. I do think we haven’t seen the worst for sure. I jus those everything I can be taken care of. We are going end of April beginning of May. We have spent countless hours planning booking dining. We just got our fast passes. I am
really hoping the parks will stay open and the hours won’t be cut. I guess it’s day by day for now. °o°
i think there would have to be a national state of emergency for the parks to close WDW is to big and the logistics of getting all those people out of there, flights ect would be overwhelming, not just fro WDW but airports, airlines, ect.

i think there would have to be a national state of emergency for the parks to close WDW is to big and the logistics of getting all those people out of there, flights ect would be overwhelming, not just fro WDW but airports, airlines, ect.
H1N1 in 2009 was declared a national emergency and the parks didn't close. The issue is probably more on flights and airports than the parks imo.

Going late April and excited that we may actually get the opening of Space 220 in April (until they break something else or the head chef moves on again)

See a change in DHS! Park hours check on the official site this morning, now seeing 1-4 April as:
MK 9-10
Epcot 9-9
DHS 8-830
AK 9-8

*sorry, forget to change the MK, I did a copy paste from my other post! It IS 9 am - 10 pm for MK 1-4 Apr, but the big note is DHS changed earlier!

H1N1 in 2009 was declared a national emergency and the parks didn't close. The issue is probably more on flights and airports than the parks imo.

Going late April and excited that we may actually get the opening of Space 220 in April (until they break something else or the head chef moves on again)
I think so too. we are driving so no worries on flights ect.

See a change in DHS! Park hours check on the official site this morning, now seeing 1-4 April as:
MK 9-10
Epcot 9-9
DHS 8-830
AK 9-8

*sorry, forget to change the MK, I did a copy paste from my other post! It IS 9 am - 10 pm for MK 1-4 Apr, but the big note is DHS changed earlier!

This is super encouraging. I was reading the Rumors threads about shortening hours to balance losses from the Asia parks, and many said they may not extend hours but wouldn’t cut announced hours. These announcements of expanded hours seem to play well in favor of lower impact on WDW from the virus than maybe expected.

This is super encouraging. I was reading the Rumors threads about shortening hours to balance losses from the Asia parks, and many said they may not extend hours but wouldn’t cut announced hours. These announcements of expanded hours seem to play well in favor of lower impact on WDW from the virus than maybe expected.
That's good. This is a strange time of watch and see.

There seems to be so much news about the parks lately in general with new things, changes, impacts, etc., even the Disney info blogs seem to announce things a bit later when it seems like others on the boards have noticed prior, or is that my imagination?

I posted on another thread that if I traveled in the last few weeks I would have been seriously miffed at Disney. There a bunch of things about RotR that are probably out of their control, but they should have opted for a 7AM opening until they get this ironed out.

That we will have to wait until probably the end of this month to know our hours for the end of April annoys me.

I'm happy for those who are finding prices dropping for their flights. I sure haven't seen that for my two airports, but maybe my part of the Midwest isn't hitting the panic button as much yet.

Today is 3 week until we leave!

We are driving, so flights aren't a concern for us but I am glad for those finding deals!!

I have a southwest flight too that is now showing cheaper fares. To take advantage of the price difference, do I have to cancel and rebook or is there a better way?

I have a southwest flight too that is now showing cheaper fares. To take advantage of the price difference, do I have to cancel and rebook or is there a better way?
You can just log into your Southwest account and go to your account page and hit change flights, once you select both flights to change you can actually reselect your flights at hopefully a reduced fare.

If you used points they will be automatically credited to your account, if you used $$ they will provide you a travel credit for the cost difference and that credit will have an expiration date that is typically a year from when you originally booked ( IE you booked 10/31/2019 your credit would most likely expire 10/31/2020)

Hope this helps!

You can just log into your Southwest account and go to your account page and hit change flights, once you select both flights to change you can actually reselect your flights at hopefully a reduced fare.

If you used points they will be automatically credited to your account, if you used $$ they will provide you a travel credit for the cost difference and that credit will have an expiration date that is typically a year from when you originally booked ( IE you booked 10/31/2019 your credit would most likely expire 10/31/2020)

Hope this helps!
That worked perfectly, thank you! And changing (versus cancelling) allowed me to keep my early bird so I'm super happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter