OFFICIAL April 2012 DISers! 2 months and counting!

In response to a previous question about resort prices in the Epcot area, you should know that I was already able to secure a teacher discount rate for the Dolphin for April 2012. The rate for teachers/nurses/govt. employees for the weeks before and after Easter is $179 (plus taxes and fees) per night. That is a great deal for the Epcot resort area for that time of year (since WDW doesn't typically offer discounts for those two weeks). When I called to inquire and just make a rack rate reservation (with the plan of continuing to check back for a discounted rate), they said they could book at the teacher rate now. So, if you are looking for a deal in the Epcot area, the Swan/Dolphin, might be the way to go if you fit into one of those discount titles and are looking to get something booked early.

So my resort plans seem to be finalized... Because I am planning so far ahead, I was able to book a 2 bedroom villa at the Sheraton Vistana through my MIL and FIL (timeshare owned by MIL and FIL). I was really against the idea b/c I have gotten spoiled with being on-site, but my husband really wanted more space for less money and asked that I at least consider it. So, after looking into it and seeing that they have undergone a major refurb (and knowing that I am also spending the next week at the Dolphin), I agreed that the less than $700 price tag for 7 nights for the week before Easter was too good to pass up.

So we will be staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort for the first week of April 2012. Then we will move to the Dolphin on Easter Sunday and stay for the following week.

Now, I have some work to do to figure out what off-site planning entails... This is new for me b/c our only other off-site stays have just been for a night.

I agreed that the less than $700 price tag for 7 nights for the week before Easter was too good to pass up.

So we will be staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort for the first week of April 2012. Then we will move to the Dolphin on Easter Sunday and stay for the following week.

Now, I have some work to do to figure out what off-site planning entails... This is new for me b/c our only other off-site stays have just been for a night.

I would agree that for a two week stay, getting a rate like that for one of the weeks is pretty darned good :) Sounds like you guys will have a great trip!

We are planning an April 14-19 trip in 2012. It will be my family (5 of us) and my cousin's family (4 of them) for that week. Then my famiy and our friends
(4 of them as well) will be heading out for our First Disney Cruise (shhhh, don't tell my children it is a secret and their Christmas present). Planning to stay at either AKV or Treehouse villas with the family. My family will only do a couple of days in the parks, probably Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, then enjoy the resort the rest of the time.

We are tentatively planning for April 1-5 and going on a cruise on teh Dream 4/5 to celebrate my 35th b-day!!!!! :cloud9:

Can't think of a better way to celebrate it than with my fave guy (hubby) in my fave place!

Anna

How bad is it that I looked at my ticker today, and realized that tomorrow we'll be under 400 days (399!) until our trip (3/31) and it made me all happy?

We can't even BOOK for another 190ish days (I think the "until we book!" ticker is set to September 1st) but just seeing the first number on the countdown ticker change has me all excited. :P

I have just decided to plan a trip for either the first or second week of May. However, dh doesn't know yet! LOL!

So I'm kind of close to you all. I think by the end of the week I'll have all of my ADR's picked out and at least the days planned like "AK in a.m., Boardwalk in p.m." kind of thing. That's my favorite part!!

Have fun everyone! Now off to start scrapbooking our January trip!

We are tentively planning to go March 31 - April 8, 2012. That's Spring Break for our kids. We probably won't make our final decision until September though. We are saving up for the Disney Cruise June 2013, so it will all depend on whether we want to spend the money on a Disney vacation 2 years in a row. We just went to WDW last year too. And the way these gas prices are rising could put a dent in our vacation budget! But I'm such an OCD planner that I plan vacations years in advance! lol!

I can't seem to stop thinking about things. I think I've budgeted out to stay in a family suite at ASMu (it will be so much easier with two teenage girls and me and DH) but I'm struggling with all the OTHER things I want to do, which of course cost money.

The girls want to do the character breakfast at 1900 Park Faire because they're huge Mary Poppins and Alice fans, and I want to eat breakfast at Kona for the tonga toast, so we budgeted for those four meals OOP (the girls will just go to 1900 by themselves - they'll be 16 and 17).

But now I want to go to the Wishes Dessert Party if they're still doing it, and that's going to cost MORE money OOP, and we're already saving up SO MUCH to get the suite.

But I know if I decide not to do the suite and spend the extra $1300 or whatever on "fun stuff" we'll be crammed in a little tiny room and we'll hate it.

Guess I just have to figure out how to save up more money!

:confused3

I am trying desperately to get my DBF to agree to an April 2012 trip. I've already begun saving here and there, and I keep telling DBF that going April 15-25 would give us plenty of time to save.
I wish it didn't have to be so long until 2012, but I'm hoping I can convince him to agree to it soon so I can start daydreaming about it. :rotfl:

I'm planning the last week in April 21st-28th. My family of two for sure maybe my boys will come and also my neighbors family. Has anyone booked room only through Disney CRO yet?

Saving and planning for April 16-21, then 4 nights on the dream for our honeymoon!!!! Does anyone know if you can at least do room only reservations a year out?

Yes, you can call and book a room only reservation for April 2012. You will be quoted the highest rack rate of 2011 and then the price will be adjusted when 2012 prices are posted (usually in August).

Speaking of booking room-only early - we're planning on going the week before Easter 2012 and we want one of the All-Star Family Suites. Are we likely to bump up against any problems getting one if we wait until August or September to book our package, or should I consider doing a room-only reservation at some point before packages go on sale? I know Easter is a really busy time (and trust me, we're going that week against my will!)

Just bumping this back up to the first page so anyone looking for it will see it. :)

Also, got some good news this week - DH just picked up more work (he's a sportswriter) and is talking about flying us all down next April instead of having to drive, which would be AWESOME.

We just returned from a fabulous trip April14-22nd. It was so nice :goodvibes Already looking at our dates for next April and we are thinking April 13-21st. We stayed at POP this year, and it was awesome! Thinking of doing a different resort next year though. We could either rent points from a friend, or stay at Port Orleans Riverside which is where we stayed on our Honeymoon in 97'. We could celebrate our 15th anniversary a few weeks early:love: If we rent points I was thinking either a studio at AKL Jambo house or Beach club villas. Anyone else planning already? I will be here to keep everyone company:rotfl2:

I finally convinced my DH to commit to our next WDW trip April 21st, 2012! :yay:

This will be our first trip without our daughter who is now a college student and the first trip for our DS(10) with just Mom and Dad!

We always stay at POP - - looks like we will miss the opening of Art of Animation by just weeks, darn!

Seems so far away, but just being able to have a ticker on my posts and being able to start my park strategies is great! Need to create a calendar for trip planning, or is that TOO OCD!? :rotfl2:

Look forward to hanging out here with fellow April 2012 guests! Hopefully even make a few new DISfriends!:flower3:

I keep going back and forth between March 3 - 10 and April 21- 28 or April 28 - May 5.

I don't want to wait until the end of April but I am afraid March 3 will be too chilly so I am leaning towards end of April. It is hard to get through cold January and February, let alone March and most of April!

Convince me waiting for April will be better!

We are currently deciding between March 8-13 or March 30-April 5 for 2012. I was set on April until I found out that was Easter week, which scares me off a little bit. I'll be sticking around this thread, though, until we make up our minds for certain! We're stuck working around school schedules, so it's more about whether we want a super fast trip built around a long weekend or a more leisurely one fighting spring break crowds! :laughing:

I keep going back and forth between March 3 - 10 and April 21- 28 or April 28 - May 5.

I don't want to wait until the end of April but I am afraid March 3 will be too chilly so I am leaning towards end of April. It is hard to get through cold January and February, let alone March and most of April!

Convince me waiting for April will be better!

Come on, CONVINCE ME :)

I'm taking my mom on her first trip April 21-29 2012. I'm hoping she'll love it as much as I do! I'm already in excessive planning mode. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter