"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Going in early October to our first MNSSHP. Trying to think of costumes for our family but we are having a difficult time. Me and my wife and two sons ages 9 and 7. Thinking of Wreck it Ralph but needing some ideas.

Love the Wreck it Ralph idea!

If your boys are superhero fans, Avengers costumes could be fun. I was trying to convince my family into Peter Pan costumes and I think four would work great for that. Toy Story characters? Star Wars costumes/characters are also a hit with my two little guys. Robinhood, Lion King, and Aristocats were also ones we tossed around when we thought we would only have four.
Let us know what you decide, I hope people post some pics of costumes bc I bet all of them will be so fun, enjoy your trip!

At what time are you able to shop for Halloween merch? Is it available before the party officially begins at 7:00?

Ok. First party ever. Goal to make it to midnight for the first time ever. We want to meet Jack &Sally, and ride rides. Jack and Sally are the only characters who are our priority. Do we go there first (4pm)? For the shortest possible wait?

Ok. First party ever. Goal to make it to midnight for the first time ever. We want to meet Jack &Sally, and ride rides. Jack and Sally are the only characters who are our priority. Do we go there first (4pm)? For the shortest possible wait
Last year, my niece and nephew prioritized meeting Jack and Sally. We were one of the first ones in at 4 pm. We were outside the MK at 3pm. They went straight to the meet and greet. They were in line for about 35-50 minutes. Out by 5 pm. I have heard that the meet and greet can get as long as a few hours and could be shut down if the crowd is too big. Obviously they made the right decision. Good luck!

Ok. First party ever. Goal to make it to midnight for the first time ever. We want to meet Jack &Sally, and ride rides. Jack and Sally are the only characters who are our priority. Do we go there first (4pm)? For the shortest possible wait?
I’d go straight to Jack & Sally. Do not pass go, do collect 200 Mickey Bucks. Multiple reports in the past of the popular character lines closing early.

Anybody know how long Jafar's line typically is? He may or may not be one of my main reasons for wanting to go. :P

A little back ground. I am going with 14 people 5 of which are children 9-11. So we don't really care about little kid rides that we can do any where. What should we do when we first get there before the park closes for the party? Having a hard time seeing what closes.

heres a list of everything that will be open during the party. https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2023...not-so-scary-halloween-party-in-disney-world/
i'm going for the first time on Labor Day and personally, if jack and sally start doing meet and greets before the party, thats what i'm going to prioritize so as to not waste party hours waiting in the line. i typically do the more popular rides when the fireworks are going off so mine train and jungle cruise are the ones i try to hit up while that is going on.

I see lots of things that list what rides are open during the Halloween party but I am trying to figure out what is closed so I can prioritize what to do between 4pm and 7pm. I can see the list of rides but what about experience's..... enchanted tails with Belle, Hall of presidents, the Rail Road, River boat ETC. are any of those open or if it is not a listed ride nor part of the halloween listed entertainment is it closed?

I see lots of things that list what rides are open during the Halloween party but I am trying to figure out what is closed so I can prioritize what to do between 4pm and 7pm. I can see the list of rides but what about experience's..... enchanted tails with Belle, Hall of presidents, the Rail Road, River boat ETC. are any of those open or if it is not a listed ride nor part of the halloween listed entertainment is it closed?
I was recently looking up the same information. The Disney website has hours for attractions and experiences listed for the day of the first party (I use the official site rather than blogs since they tend to just list what was done last year until the first party). While that can change, currently it shows Tom Sawyer Island, Enchanted Tales, Hall of Presidents, Country Bear Jamboree, Enchanted Tiki Room, Walt Disney World Railroad, Liberty Square Riverboat, and Carousel of Progress closed during the party. Of those, all close at 6pm (when the regular park hours end) except for Hall of Presidents and Carousel of Progress which close at 5pm. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is currently shown as open during the party but it may be the Halloween layover so if you wanted to see the typical show, you would need to go before 6pm. I have never done the Railroad so that is my priority during the 4-6pm period.

And an FYI for anyone making food plans, hours are also listed right now for the first party. I am having to change plans because Cheshire Cafe (where I planned to get a snack) is currently listed as closed between 3 and 7pm (before opening for the party).

How late with Columbia Harbor House be open, we were hoping to eat there before the party actually starts.

I was recently looking up the same information. The Disney website has hours for attractions and experiences listed for the day of the first party (I use the official site rather than blogs since they tend to just list what was done last year until the first party). While that can change, currently it shows Tom Sawyer Island, Enchanted Tales, Hall of Presidents, Country Bear Jamboree, Enchanted Tiki Room, Walt Disney World Railroad, Liberty Square Riverboat, and Carousel of Progress closed during the party. Of those, all close at 6pm (when the regular park hours end) except for Hall of Presidents and Carousel of Progress which close at 5pm. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is currently shown as open during the party but it may be the Halloween layover so if you wanted to see the typical show, you would need to go before 6pm. I have never done the Railroad so that is my priority during the 4-6pm period.

And an FYI for anyone making food plans, hours are also listed right now for the first party. I am having to change plans because Cheshire Cafe (where I planned to get a snack) is currently listed as closed between 3 and 7pm (before opening for the party).
Thank you that is what I was looking for. I did not even realize Disney released the opening times yet.

Can anyone explain what the charters meet and greets are like? Is it just like the Cruises? wait in line, talk to them a bit, get a photo? Or are they more elaborate in the parks? My Kids were not that into them when we were on a cruise so I am thinking of skipping them.

Can anyone explain what the charters meet and greets are like? Is it just like the Cruises? wait in line, talk to them a bit, get a photo? Or are they more elaborate in the parks? My Kids were not that into them when we were on a cruise so I am thinking of skipping them.

This is what it is like at the Halloween Party, very little talking:
wait in line, talk to them a bit, get a photo

At MVMCP we got our Christmas ornament and then went straight to Jack and Sally, waited just under an hour.

Our experience at Laugh Factory - keeping in mind that this was pre-covid in 2019 - was that it was a walk-thru kind of thing with candy stations at the end. It was not the full/regular show.

Are beards allowed for adults? Family is considering Seven Dwarves costumes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter