"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

We've purchased tickets but just changed to a split stay so I'd like to change our date to a time we'll be staying at an MK resort to make changing easier. We're going in early Sept. so all dates are still available. Is there a number I can call at WDW to try to change them? I don't want to wait until we're there to go to Guest Relations to try to do it.

We've purchased tickets but just changed to a split stay so I'd like to change our date to a time we'll be staying at an MK resort to make changing easier. We're going in early Sept. so all dates are still available. Is there a number I can call at WDW to try to change them? I don't want to wait until we're there to go to Guest Relations to try to do it.
Normally they will allow you to do this if the party is still available. It's best to call and ask. If you're told it's not possible it might be worth a second call.

My understanding is that if the new party you book is less $ you will not be refunded the difference.

Wondering if the Halloween Party add-on will be offered at Tony’s again it offered reserved space for 11:00 pm parade and food and drinks from 9-11pm.

Yes, many days last year the gates opened around 3:45 but it can change day to day.

Totally up to you but if your main goal of one party is to hit as many rides as possible, you may wish to consider going to the MK during the day on a party day for less $ and only going to one party. If you are not planning to partake in any of the party festivities, our family has had great success for many years visiting the MK on a party day. The early park closure discourages many from going to the MK so we're able to get a ton done with much shorter waits than on an average MK day.

Just a thought.
The current plan is to do both; show up during the day at MK, and just stay for the party. I just have to decide if we will also keep an additional MK reservation on another party day, with the plan of leaving at 4 p.m.

Is that a good plan? Thanks for the comments.

The current plan is to do both; show up during the day at MK, and just stay for the party. I just have to decide if we will also keep an additional MK reservation on another party day, with the plan of leaving at 4 p.m.

Is that a good plan? Thanks for the comments.
Yes, if you have a regular ticket + party ticket for the same day you can show up at anytime you wish. The earlier you arrive the less busy they park will be. Crowds will continue to grow between park opening and 6PM when day guests need to leave thd park.

Another option is to rope drop, back to resort to rest, freshen up, dress for party then return to MK but you will be burning the candle at both ends that day but the resort rest can do wonders.

The other unknown that plagues Halloween parties is the weather. I used to think people were exaggerating until we spent from 3-6PM in our room, unable to head to the party due to the intensity of the rain and lightning. Still thoroughly enjoyed the party though!!

Just curious if I’m the only one who is on the fence about trying for a VQ for Tron during the party. I’ve seen vloggers who have done it during AH and the lines were extremely long, like a 1 hr wait. I personally wouldn’t want to wait that long during the party. First world problems I know 🤣🤣

Just curious if I’m the only one who is on the fence about trying for a VQ for Tron during the party. I’ve seen vloggers who have done it during AH and the lines were extremely long, like a 1 hr wait. I personally wouldn’t want to wait that long during the party. First world problems I know 🤣🤣
This is one of my questions too. I'm waiting for the first party reports to come out before we decide.
The party will be our only park time, and my 8yo is really excited about trying it finally, but if it wastes too much party time we'll just have to save it for our next visit.

You're not alone :P

Last edited:
This is one of my questions too. I'm waiting for the first party reports to come out before we decide.
The party will be our only park time, and my 8yo is really excited about trying it finally, but if it wastes too much party time we'll just have to save it for our next visit.

You're not along :P

Good to know that I’m not the only one 😂 and yeah that’s a good idea, wait and see what the parties before ours is like. We won’t be at the party until Oct 22nd so I have lots of time to watch. However I’m crossing my fingers for those whose only MK day is the party 🤞🏻

I'm going to try for the virtual queue for Tron at the party but riding it won't be a priority. We are going to the first party.

I’m curious about tron too. I haven’t been to MK since it opened since we skipped it last trip and both my next trips are Halloween party and Christmas party for MK and im worried i won’t be able to ride if it’s virtual queue and the line is super long. I just don’t think it’s worth waiting an hour during party times with the virtual queue. I wonder if the queue will be gone super fast like a normal day or if it will be open for a while to accommodate those going to the party

I would be tempted to get a VQ then make the call at the moment. If the line is crazy, skip it and shorten the wait for others. The challenge is the VQ won't necessarily work the same at each party. So much depends on how the attraction is functioning in the moment.
We are going on the first party night (and the last night of our trip) and this is our plan. It would be great to ride it our last night but don't want to waste too much party time waiting in a line!

Are you able to buy an ILL for the 4-6 range for Tron with out a park ticket? Do we know that yet?

If anyone in my family wants to ride it, it would be my husband and he doesn't care as much about the rest of the party, so I'd maybe get a VQ for him. The rest of us will enjoy the party offerings.

Same thing for the Christmas party which I'm attending with my brother. He's never ridden Tron, so I'll get him a VQ, but likely will skip it myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter