Official 2023 Halloween Horror Nights 32 (Orlando)

You guys are all giving me valuable information.

I didn't realize that my HHN express pass wasn't unlimited. That means I will probably be limited to doing each house just once. My original plan was to divide the park in half, and do 5 houses, 2-3 scare zones, etc, on the first night and then do the remaining houses the second night. Each night, I planned to repeat any house that we wanted to before leaving the park. I guess I won't be doing that. I know that most people would have no problem getting through all 10 houses in one night with express passes, especially mid-September, but the whole reason we are doing two nights and express passes both nights is that I have a medical issue with one foot that is going to make the walking and standing in line that long difficult for me. My plan was to focus on just half of the park and use express passes in order to allow me to move slower and rest when I needed to.

If we are already in the park and we get in one of the holding areas, is there a separate line for those with express passes? I'm just wondering if there would be less waiting in line if I get in the holding area or if I stay outside the park and just enter through the hotel guest entrance when the gates open.
The advantage of the holding area is that it gets released earlier than the front gate which has to wait for the official opening because there’s a “welcome” show with many of the scareactors at the front gate. However, there’s no guarantee that the houses will open when the holding area gets released.

Last year we waited in the S&S by Finnegan’s. This location was also were the tainted candy scare zone was located. In this holding area, we had two lines: one for Witches Coven, and one for Halloween. The Halloween line was always longer. Some of the food booths had also opened. Many people got in line for one of the houses, others visited the food booths that were open, others checked out the scare zone sceneries, while others just mulled about waiting.

For those using express with S&S, they would get in the house line inside S&S, and then take the express line once they got to the house’s queue line entrance.

Last year I had a frequent fear pass and had 4 nights at HHN and did stay and scream each time and was able to hit 2-3 houses early, this was a good strategy but waiting in the heat and sun to be at the front of the line was a little brutal. I am toying with the idea of getting the rush of fear plus express this year for my Sept 16-23 trip, my go-go-go mentality makes it hard for me to "take it easy" lol, what would be my experience either not coming into park until hhn opened and using express (wouldn't be looking to do houses more than once) or I could go into a stay and scream area but not right at opening and maybe not get in the line right away but maybe get some food if I am in an area that has some available? I am never a stay all night kind of person, I like to hit a good amount of houses, see some scare zones, get some snacks and see the show.
I’m am going Sep 16-24. Got the Rush of Fear w express . It was pricey but I think with strangers things and last of us, it will be crowded. Previous 2 trips did Rush of Fear with a Express for the Sunday of my week.

That Stay and Scream at Richter burger was nice way to stay out of the sun. Got some cheese fries and hung out in AC. Down side is your only house is the one in F&F. I think it’s the Chucky one based on spec maps

There is a RIP Private Tour Group Finder Chat in the Holloween Horror Nights - Orlando group
The name of the Facebook page is "Halloween Horror Nights - Orlando"
I think, from there, you can look in their chat section for a chat called "Private RIP Tour Group Finder"

I am a member of that chat. My husband and I are looking for ppl who want to join a Private RIP tour on Saturday September the 23rd. The price for Private RIP varies dependent on day. Saturdays are expensive. Price would be $460 per person. If you would like to join, please private message me there in the chat for details. See you in the fog!

I’m am going Sep 16-24. Got the Rush of Fear w express . It was pricey but I think with strangers things and last of us, it will be crowded. Previous 2 trips did Rush of Fear with a Express for the Sunday of my week.

That Stay and Scream at Richter burger was nice way to stay out of the sun. Got some cheese fries and hung out in AC. Down side is your only house is the one in F&F. I think it’s the Chucky one based on spec maps
We waited at Richter Burger also, but had the apple pie. It was really good.

The name of the Facebook page is "Halloween Horror Nights - Orlando"
I think, from there, you can look in their chat section for a chat called "Private RIP Tour Group Finder"

I am a member of that chat. My husband and I are looking for ppl who want to join a Private RIP tour on Saturday September the 23rd. The price for Private RIP varies dependent on day. Saturdays are expensive. Price would be $460 per person. If you would like to join, please private message me there in the chat for details. See you in the fog!
You are correct. My spelling isn't always great. I am also organizing a tour through the group but on September 14. Looking for 3 more to fill it out.

If i have an AP but will be at IOA prior to HHN, what time does the train stop running into Studios? Do I have to arrive to Diagon Alley before 5? We are not interested in doing a traditional Stay & Scream this day as our primary goal is to experience "Empty"Diagon Alley.

if we get there before 5, will we have to go to a holding area until they are released, and go to Diagon Alley from there?

Does the train run to Diagon Alley after 5?

Went & looked, I was incorrect - per Universal:
  • The Halloween Horror Nights Express Pass entitles one (1) guest one (1) time express ride access for a specific event date during the 2023 Halloween Horror Nights event. Express ride access is a separate line with a shorter wait time at ALL haunted houses and participating rides and attractions. Subject to availability. Present ticket to the attendant upon entering the queue for a haunted house or participating attraction.
Thanks for this info. Did not know it HHN express may be used on some rides. That'll be great! we're likely not staying premier for our one night in Oct...and probably not rope dropping like usual, so this will help!
Now to just commit to buying tickets and express....no good waiting I know

The advantage of the holding area is that it gets released earlier than the front gate which has to wait for the official opening because there’s a “welcome” show with many of the scareactors at the front gate. However, there’s no guarantee that the houses will open when the holding area gets released.
I’ve never done the resort guest line. Have been readiNg accounts it’s normally released 1/2 hour prior to front gate & flows into whatever first house is

Would like to avoid buying the 3 pm early pass for family one night. may try it earlier one day this season instead of holding pen to ck it out.

Finnegans one was bit of a hot mess some days last year, so crowded

I’ve never done the resort guest line. Have been readiNg accounts it’s normally released 1/2 hour prior to front gate & flows into whatever first house is

Would like to avoid buying the 3 pm early pass for family one night. may try it earlier one day this season instead of holding pen to ck it out.

Are all Universal hotels able to use the resort guest line?

Yeah - I've pretty much given up on Finnegans for HHN

I really miss the days when I could get to the bar around 3:30 and sit at the bar until HHN started.
I can recall there be like 4 people sitting at the bar and they took all the other stools away except ours

I think this was before they added the holding areas\stay and scream - but they would let you stay in Finnegans - you just could not leave.

Hmm. I booked a 2:45 reservation for Finnegan's on one of my HHN days. Should I cancel it and do regular stay and scream instead? I have an AP so no need to buy the extra ticket.

I just picked it to have a meal inside the park. We won't camp out in there until the event starts obviously.

Hmm. I booked a 2:45 reservation for Finnegan's on one of my HHN days. Should I cancel it and do regular stay and scream instead? I have an AP so no need to buy the extra ticket.

I just picked it to have a meal inside the park. We won't camp out in there until the event starts obviously.
For a meal I think its fine - you will have a table and be all set.
As a pub its not great during HHN IMO

It does get very packed in the holding area, but its also the area that usually lets out to the high profile houses, so that is to be expected

For a meal I think its fine - you will have a table and be all set.
As a pub its not great during HHN IMO

It does get very packed in the holding area, but its also the area that usually lets out to the high profile houses, so that is to be expected
Ah okay, thanks for the clarification! I assumed you meant that Finnegans in general wasn't great during HHN. On our first day I booked NBC Grill.

Our biggest priority (as is most people, most likely) is the Last of Us house so I'm looking forward to seeing where that ends up being.

last of us is based on the game right? For total non-gamers like me, is there any point in looking anything up ahead of time online to have better context at the house?

last of us is based on the game right? For total non-gamers like me, is there any point in looking anything up ahead of time online to have better context at the house?
If you have Max (aka HBO go), I would recommend watching The Last of Us season one. It would get you familiar with characters and types of things that you might see in house

Reactions: shh
If you've watched the HBO show, then you'll be okay. The game and the show have an almost identical plot though there are segments not present in the show (not super important stuff that you NEED to know).

Reactions: shh

I’ve never done the resort guest line either. My group has done S&S holding area and the VIP entrance because of RIP. If you do the guest resort line, please let us know your experience with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter