Official 2023 Halloween Horror Nights 32 (Orlando)

As someone going the last week RoF is available, I was kinda hoping for some kind of discount for not using the whole timeframe.
yeah that would be nice - don't really get the whole date thing for a multi night hhn ticket - i'm going to pick the first possible date as who knows what might happen with my plans

yeah that would be nice - don't really get the whole date thing for a multi night hhn ticket - i'm going to pick the first possible date as who knows what might happen with my plans
I’m guessing it’s so they can limit sales that start on a certain date if that date looks to be too crowded without shutting down sales for the rest of the duration. Either last year or the previous one, they stopped selling RoF for a sold-out weekend to keep people from being able to get in with RoF after single night tickets were sold out. I wasn’t planning to go that weekend, but it freaked me out to see them go poof off the website after I’d already bought plane tickets but hadn’t purchased my RoF yet.

I think they’ve way overplayed their hand. It’s literally more than twice the price of Cinderella’s Royal Table, and that’s a whole meal with character interaction. Even WDW dessert pre and post parties are only $100 and are really more about the firework view.

And look at similar UO offerings. The Orlando Informer is doing a mini meet up this year for adults at $199. One night in IoA with unlimited food, including some upgraded food you can’t usually get in the parks, in addition to the usual fare and butterbeer, etc. Plus that goes on for 6 hours in which to eat your way across the park, while also having low-crowd access to the rides. Admittedly, alcohol is not included, but I don’t know how much a person is really going to drink in the 2 hour HHN tasting, unless you’re purposefully just chugging to try to get your money’s worth. It’s just not close to comparable to charge $169 for two hours of limited menu and no rides.

The kicker here is that the Taste of Fear is not even special food. It’s literally a preview of what you’ll get at HHN where you can get it much cheaper. If they’d priced it at $50 or $60 with a cash bar for alcohol, they’d have sold out and still turned a tidy profit. As it is, I think people are going to wait to have full sized portions at HHN.
So for those that are interested - all the "influencers" had a preview of the Taste of Terror event - the videos are up.

It did not look bad at all - for the most part it seemed to be full portions - or as much as you would like in some cases.
Will be interesting to see if the normal event is the same.

The drinks were small - and I assume stronger than what us non influencers will get although they may make then well for an event like this.

Most of them seemed to by hyping the stuff as usual - I think Paging Mr Morrow was actually the one that was honest - he did not like a couple of things and said as much

Honestly if they offered this during HHN Id probably sign on for it 145 with tax and tip - that may not be that ridiculous once we start seeing the individual prices of things.

On a different topic do we think we will see any gift card deals this year? I am pretty sure they had them for pass holders last year.

Last edited:
So for those that are interested - all the "influencers" had a preview of the Taste of Terror event - the videos are up.

It did not look bad at all - for the most part it seemed to be full portions - or as much as you would like in some cases.

The drinks were small - and I assume stronger than what us non influencers will get although they may make then well for an event like this.

Most of them seemed to by hyping the stuff as usual - I think Paging Mr Morrow was actually the one that was honest - he did not like a couple of things and said as much

Honestly if they offered this during HHN Id probably sign on for it 145 with tax and tip - that may not be that ridiculous once we start seeing the individual prices of things.

On a different topic do we think we will see any gift card deals this year? I am pretty sure they had them for pass holders last year.
I'd just love to get a straight answer on whether we can use mardi gras food and bev gift card balances anywhere at HHN. I was told when I bought it that it was good inside the parks at most locations - even after mardi gras. I'm also told I can use it at guest services. But every time I try, I always get turned down at HHN food booths and the regular quick serve places inside the park who say no. :confused:

I'd just love to get a straight answer on whether we can use mardi gras food and bev gift card balances anywhere at HHN. I was told when I bought it that it was good inside the parks at most locations - even after mardi gras. I'm also told I can use it at guest services. But every time I try, I always get turned down at HHN food booths and the regular quick serve places inside the park who say no. :confused:
That is odd - id be at guest services getting them to sort that out no doubt.

We used the little bit that was left on ours, on a counter service last year, after Mardi Gras. didn't try at an HHN food booth though. Hope guest services can get it sorted out for you.

Reactions: shh

Wanted to update what I posted earlier - so the actual event it not the same as the one the influencers went to.
It is all sample size stuff.

Also they added an option for just for for 89.95. Id probably go with that and skip the drinks - the drinks at HHN are not great - the last good one I had was the Saturn and that is a classic tiki drink and not something Universal created.

This guy went to the event and gives a very honest review of it - and its not great and he wishes he did not get the drinks. Also pointed out many of the problems with it and has some good points IMO. I usually skip this guy but ill be watching his stuff going forward.

Wanted to update what I posted earlier - so the actual event it not the same as the one the influencers went to.

Also they added an option for just for for 89.95. Id probably go with that and skip the drinks - the drinks at HHN are not great - the last good one I had was the Saturn and that is a classic tiki drink and not something Universal created.

This guy went to the event and gives a very honest review of it - and its not great and he wishes he did not get the drinks. Also pointed out many of the problems with it and has some good points IMO. I usually skip this guy but ill be watching his stuff going forward.

Yeah he seemed to have given a more honest review than some I have seen. A couple loved everything and I was thinking there is no way that they are being honest. We are going to keep watching the vlogs and see how they average out on the food to decide what we will actually purchase during the event. I already know I won’t buy the drinks. Some of the desserts look good but we prob will eat before the event starts and just grab a couple snacks during the 2 nights we attend. Not very enthused about much of it personally. It was nice to see they have a non alcoholic version with lower price. I wish the parks including Disney did this more often as I have a teen that pays full price and can’t drink.

At least they lowered the price to 135.00, and on Facebook HHN page, some were reporting they could use their pass discount via a phone call reservation. Ymmv.

I think even at the no drink price, I can spend 89 dollars for much better food, for the two hours this event lasts.

At HHN have only eaten what was served for the tours. And even at that, was not everything I liked eating. I always eat an earlier dinner before going, and try to get the free ice water, as all the years I have gone, the night has been very warm.

At least they lowered the price to 135.00, and on Facebook HHN page, some were reporting they could use their pass discount via a phone call reservation. Ymmv.

I think even at the no drink price, I can spend 89 dollars for much better food, for the two hours this event lasts.

At HHN have only eaten what was served for the tours. And even at that, was not everything I liked eating. I always eat an earlier dinner before going, and try to get the free ice water, as all the years I have gone, the night has been very warm.
Yeah I usually eat before the event but that is when I have express and don't need to scramble.
This year I am just not seeing the value with the cost increases to add express (+$430) so I will be doing stay and scream for the most part so not as many early options for eating

I always buy a drink for the blinky cup - and then use that at the coke machines for water refills

Yeah he seemed to have given a more honest review than some I have seen. A couple loved everything and I was thinking there is no way that they are being honest. We are going to keep watching the vlogs and see how they average out on the food to decide what we will actually purchase during the event. I already know I won’t buy the drinks. Some of the desserts look good but we prob will eat before the event starts and just grab a couple snacks during the 2 nights we attend. Not very enthused about much of it personally. It was nice to see they have a non alcoholic version with lower price. I wish the parks including Disney did this more often as I have a teen that pays full price and can’t drink.
Yeah - they they will almost never say anything bad since they want the continued access. they are getting free rooms pretty regularly and all sorts of access to events so they don't want to mess that up.

As someone going the last week RoF is available, I was kinda hoping for some kind of discount for not using the whole timeframe.
Yes, why not a pro-rated, non upgradeable version?

Because they’d be leaving money on the table :rolleyes1

At least there’s a discounted value there even for a few nights
I’d think more than a few of us did the same thing
I wasn’t planning to go that weekend, but it freaked me out to see them go poof off the website after I’d already bought plane tickets but hadn’t purchased my RoF yet.
It was the 6 house day tour & public RIP rapid departure early September that shocked me

Nate the only blogger I regularly will follow

He enjoys adult beverages lol. If he says this years drinks are sickly sweet And just off as to composition, I’m taking him at his word

Didn’t like the mummy pop, the one thing that looked appealing to me.

That burger made for instagram, not taste, me thinks lol

Give me pizza fries, a mixed drink at chez Alcatraz and I’m good
But every time I try, I always get turned down at HHN food booths and the regular quick serve places inside the park who say no.
Same! Was told the unused would be good at any booth. If you do get clarification please share
Some of the desserts look good but we prob will eat before the event starts and just grab a couple snacks during the 2 nights we attend. Not very enthused about much of it personally.
Was hoping the scare actor meal
Would be offered. A nice option for first time visitors imo
At HHN have only eaten what was served for the tours. And even at that, was not everything I liked eating
Every year it seemed to take a bit of a bump down the ladder. Could never imagine how people would deem it their main meal of day when basically small plate offerings
Well, maybe if they had a nice lunch

Last year did like the prosciutto, cheese & cut out cookies

A moot point for me this year, unless they add more RIP public tours

My DH and DS will be attending their first HHN on November 1st. I got them Express Passes to help maximize their time since they are only going for one night. We are staying at the Royal Pacific Resort so we are on property, and they can use the hotel guest entrance (if they are not already in the park that day). We also have 3-day park-to-park passes, so they could easily already be in the park at close and go to a holding area if that helps. Any HHN suggestions from all you experts for complete newbies are welcomed and appreciated!!!

Also, does anyone have any ideas when Orlando Informer will get their touring plan published so they can use that as a guide? I am hoping it will be in early September, so DH and DS have time to read up on the plan and the houses. We are complete novices as this - so I am busy reading through this thread and the HHN threads from the past couple of years to get ideas.

My DH and DS will be attending their first HHN on November 1st.
Going so late in the season, you have lots of time to read reviews as to what strategies are working this year.

pay attention to reports as to each holding pen‘s effectiveness. not all the houses open at the same time

sounds as though you are definitely on track!

do recommend to not do a full park day & HHN, as there is so much walking involved in that sort of long day.

Thanks for this! The video absolutely eliminated any touch of FOMO that might have been lingering. Even with the non-alcoholic option, there’s still no way I’d eat $80 worth of samples.

Okay...I just want confirmation from the experts who have done this before that my plans are going to work out. Keep in mind that my entire plan is built around minimizing walking/standing in lines. I have developed a medical condition with one foot, plantar fasciitis, that is minor (I do not need a wheelchair) but it will make standing and walking for long periods of time very uncomfortable for me. We are doing everything we can to reduce the number of steps that I will have to take in order to increase my chances of still enjoying HHN.

We will be at Universal Sept 17th - 23rd. We will be at HHN on the 17th and 21st. We are staying at the Hard Rock (because it's the closest resort to the parks). We have purchased Express Passes for both nights of HHN. I don't want to wait in one of the stay and scream holding areas either day because I don't want to stand there for 1-2 hours. On the 17th we have a 5:00 reservation at Toothsome and the plan is to eat and then go to the HHN entrance for resort guests. The hope is that we arrive at that entrance right at 6:30. I have two questions about this. First, does that resort guest entrance open right at 6:30? Second, is it realistic that we will finish our meal and make it to the resort guest entrance by 6:30, or should we get an earlier dinner reservation?

Then, on the 21st, we will have a day ticket to the park, but we are not concerned with doing any attractions that day because we will have at least one other full day in that park. We have made a 2:45 reservation at Finnegan's and plan to arrive at the park just in time to go straight to that reservation. That was the latest reservation that Finnegan's had available. Am I understanding the posts on here in that when we show up for that reservation and finish our dinner, we will be allowed to just sit at our table in that restaurant until HHN starts and will be released from there to get in line for one of the houses? If I am correct, do we need to tell either the person who seats us or our server that we plan to wait there after dinner for HHN to start so they will know what we are doing? No one in our party drinks alcohol. Will they expect us to be buying drinks in order to sit there that long, or can we simply just sit there? If I have completely misunderstood the Finnegan's approach, is there any way to guarantee that we will have a place inside the park to sit while we wait between 5:00 and the start of HHN? I don't care if it's in air conditioning or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter