• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time does the 8:30 parade get to Main Street? I’m still trying to come up with a plan to watch the first parade and go to a 9:00 check in for the dessert party. Check in early for the dessert party or watch the parade first then check in. We go to the party tomorrow .

Checked time stamps on our photos when we accidentally caught the end of the first parade. On Nov 10, Santa passed Sleepy Hollow around 8:55. For the late parade (11pm) which we watched from the start, the pre-show hit Town Square around 11:07 & Santa made it around 11:37.

If you’re thinking of watching from where Main Street meets the Hub, by Casey’s Corner, that’ll probably be 9:02-9:05ish, assuming there’s no delays starting.

I also used G+ on my party ticket 12/11. Didn’t do any modifying, just waited until my window hit the right spot. My booking-
at 8:35 I booked Jingle Cruise for 3:20
at 12:30 I booked Peter Pan for 4:20
at 2:45 I booked Big Thunder for 4:30
at at 4:45 I booked Splash for 4:55

Got in right at 4 (they scanned us early in the line and gave out wristbands, so we did not have to tap in at all. So fast!) was off Jingle Cruise by 4:20 and Pirates was 10 minutes standby, so rode that and headed off to Peter Pan, BTMRR and Splash. Had dinner at 6 at Pecos Bill, rode Haunted Mansion, Space, Peoplemover, Monsters Inc, Pooh. Collected some cookies, watched the stage show, fireworks, did a little shopping, 2nd parade in Liberty Square and went to Mine Train immediately after, said 20 min, was less. In between HM and Space I went back to the Dumbo area to look at the Minnie/Daisy line but it was an hour so I skipped it. Was happy with what I accomplished. I was able to somewhat minimize walking by knocking off Adventure and Frontier Lands pre-party with G+.

near the end of the night the Tangled restrooms were DISGUSTING

Last edited:

Checked time stamps on our photos when we accidentally caught the end of the first parade. On Nov 10, Santa passed Sleepy Hollow around 8:55. For the late parade (11pm) which we watched from the start, the pre-show hit Town Square around 11:07 & Santa made it around 11:37.

If you’re thinking of watching from where Main Street meets the Hub, by Casey’s Corner, that’ll probably be 9:02-9:05ish, assuming there’s no delays starting.
Okay thanks.

Attended the party on 12/13 Tuesday. Thought I'd share some of my experiences in case it helps anyone.

We entered the park with our APs around 3:30 and got in line at the Chamber of Commerce for our wristbands. We were the third group in line. Got to watch the tail end of the Festival of Fantasy parade, which was nice.

We were with my mother and sister in law. My mother in law has a DAS pass. We booked a Jingle Cruise pass when we entered the park.

4 pm We got scanned and got our wristbands right at 4. Headed straight for Jack and Sally's line and we were about the 10th group in line.

4:50 Met Jack and Sally, they were not signing but we got an autograph card.

Headed out through the bypass and got our ornament.

Grabbed dinner from Cosmic Ray's.

5:45 Used our DAS pass for Jingle Cruise. Got a Peter Pan pass.

6 Tried to line up for Rapunzel/Tiana and Princes. We were told they were not forming a line, so we just hovered at the entrance with a lot of other people.

6:45 they let us inside the actual queue.

6:55 Met Tiana/Naveen and Rapunzel/Flynn.

Photopass picture with the Tinkerbell lantern because there was no wait.

Snacks from Pinocchio, chocolate chip cookies and hot cocoa.

7:15 Waited 10 minutes to meet Belle in her red Christmas dress.

Rode Peter Pan with our pass. Got a DAS for Mickey but never ended up using it. We were definitely able to use and book DAS during the party, and it even worked for the characters who have Genie+ access like Mickey and the indoor Princesses.

7:45 got spots in Frontierland for the parade. Spots didn't really start to fill up until around 8 for the 8:30 parade. We took turns holding the spot, got the Muppet Christmas Carol magic shot and only waited behind 3 groups. Grabbed some sugar cookies and egg nog from Adventureland. Watched the Country Bears run havoc.

8:30 Watched the parade.

8:50 Parade was over, slowly made our way to Tomorrowland.

9:20 Rode Speedway through the standby line.

9:30 Watched the Totally Tomorrowland Show, which I surprisingly enjoyed. Those dancers really sold it. Had some cookies and cider from the Tomorrowland snack stop.

10 Found a spot in the hub for fireworks.

10:30 right after fireworks got a spot for the castle show. Did not like the first couple songs, but did enjoy the second half.

10:50 castle show over, headed towards Storybook Circus

11:05 saw the Tweedles had a very short wait so met them and got to watch the Teacups holiday overlay while we waited.

11:20 waited about 15 minutes for Santa Goofy

11:45 waited about 20 minutes for Scrooge, Donald and then Minnie and Daisy.

Grabbed the snowflake/candy cane magic shot at Storybook Circus entrance.

Made it to Pinocchio's right at midnight and got some more cookies and hot cocoa.

Got some photopass on the way out and saw the second half of the castle show again.

Overall impressions:
-last night was actually pretty cold, at least for this Floridian. I wish I had a long sleeve shirt.
-It was busy but the character lines weren't terrible, at least the ones we tried for.
-I liked the cookies, they are Cheryl's cookies from Ohio and I've always liked those.
-I really liked the fireworks, I think they are the best Christmas fireworks I've seen Disney do.
-This is the first year I really stopped to watch the stage shows and I liked them a lot.

Anyone have any questions or things I might be able to help with?

1671068966250.png

1671069039279.png

1671069062180.png

1671069080928.png

1671069111156.png

1671069153181.png

1671069236485.png

1671069282324.png

1671069320984.png

1671069282324.png
I LOVE that they're finally acknowledging Muppet Christmas Carol, which is one of their best Christmas IPs!

They included a song from it in their stage show too.

I hated the opening cell phone texting song but besides that, the show was great. The lead singer could have been better but it didn’t take anyway from anything

I hated the opening cell phone texting song but besides that, the show was great. The lead singer could have been better but it didn’t take anyway from anything

Yeah I was ready to leave after the texting song and all the loud tap tapping on their fake phones.

But Clarabelle as Mariah Carey pulled me back in and I very much enjoyed the rest.

Im a Florida "expat" so I understand Florida rain ;) and how quickly it can change.

That being said its currently predicted to have heavy rain right during the party on the 20th, which we have tickets to attend. Assuming they don't cancel the party outright, if we feel the rain is too heavy for us and we don't attend do we get the money back as credits for future ticket purchase or is it lost?

We are hoping it changes of course but we also aren't the types to stand in pouring rain for a party :)

Im a Florida "expat" so I understand Florida rain ;) and how quickly it can change.

That being said its currently predicted to have heavy rain right during the party on the 20th, which we have tickets to attend. Assuming they don't cancel the party outright, if we feel the rain is too heavy for us and we don't attend do we get the money back as credits for future ticket purchase or is it lost?

We are hoping it changes of course but we also aren't the types to stand in pouring rain for a party :)
We are also going to that party too. I’m also curious, if they would cancel or offer refunds on account of weather. I’m seeing a 70% chance of rain. 😫

I called last month about exchanging a MVMCP ticket that we weren’t going to use. The CM told me that it could be exchanged or credited for another seasonal ticket like After Hours, MNSSHP, or another Christmas party. But it can’t be used as a credit for regular park tickets. I tried that first. She said if a ticket goes unused, it’ll just sit in your account. I’m not clear how long though. Right now, I can’t do anything with it. I’ll probably use it next Halloween, but those don’t go on sale until this summer.

We are also going to that party too. I’m also curious, if they would cancel or offer refunds on account of weather. I’m seeing a 70% chance of rain. 😫

I called last month about exchanging a MVMCP ticket that we weren’t going to use. The CM told me that it could be exchanged or credited for another seasonal ticket like After Hours, MNSSHP, or another Christmas party. But it can’t be used as a credit for regular park tickets. I tried that first. She said if a ticket goes unused, it’ll just sit in your account. I’m not clear how long though. Right now, I can’t do anything with it. I’ll probably use it next Halloween, but those don’t go on sale until this summer.
With the exception of hurricanes or tropical storms where the parks are fully closed, parties are not cancelled due to rain.

We changed our party to the 22nd at Guest Relations yesterday after seeing that the forecast is showing now 92% probability of rain all day and late evening on the 20th. I kept hoping that it would improve because I’d rather not be at that party and would have loved to keep Tuesday, but I’m just too skittish about the weather at this point.

And interestingly, they were able to move us even though the party shows as sold out. They couldn’t move us to today, but said that maybe if we went to GR at MK today, we could ask them as they have access to a different pool of tickets than GR elsewhere.

The party on the 15th worked well for us, but flying in from Boston was a comedy of errors. There was a storm system that kept planes circling above for around 40 minutes or so. I was texting my husband and he reported back that it had been quite a storm that had moved through.

Either way, my daughter and I made quick work of getting on to the rides and had a great time.

Update:

We had party tickets for 12/20, but there’s a high chance of rain. We didn’t want to walk around in the rain or possibly miss the fireworks and parade. So we went to Guest Services at HS to see our options.

They were able to:
*cancel our MVMCP tickets
*upgrade my current 3-Day Hopper to a 4-Day Hopper
*credit the remaining balance leftover from the tickets to a gift card

I wasn’t expecting to get a refund/credit, so I was pleasantly surprised. I’m disappointed that we will miss the party. But ultimately, I think this will work better for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter