"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t remember that. It seemed like pre-pandemic, a sold-out party meant sold-out.

Perhaps you are thinking of the Boo-Bash After Hours Event..where tickets were magically available day-of for a sold-out event. Sheesh, I hope the parties are not like that. We skipped Boo-Bash, so have no clue what the crowds were like.
I probably am thinking of Boo Bash, but it set a precedent so who knows. From what I recall reading, Boo Bash events weren't as crowded as the parties were but I never went to one. Our last MNSSHP- 2017 or 18 as I recall, it was impossible to even move around. We ended up parking at the hub for hours to watch the shows and fireworks and sent runners for food- took them over an hour to get from the hub to Cosmic Rays and back. It was insane and we said then, never again. Yet here I am....:crazy:

I don’t remember that. It seemed like pre-pandemic, a sold-out party meant sold-out.

Perhaps you are thinking of the Boo-Bash After Hours Event..where tickets were magically available day-of for a sold-out event. Sheesh, I hope the parties are not like that. We skipped Boo-Bash, so have no clue what the crowds were like.
Not the OP, but I'm almost positive in prior years they've been "sold out," but would sell tix in person still.

Not the OP, but I'm almost positive in prior years they've been "sold out," but would sell tix in person still.

Again, I just don’t remember it happening at the parties like it did at Boo-Bash. But I do remember the Boo threads, bloggers being surprised, and guests with advance tickets not being exactly thrilled.

Now, there was a long standing policy in place for active members of the military to purchase tickets to sold out parties. This allowed my JAX family to join us at the last minute. We would watch guest after guest turned away.

I probably am thinking of Boo Bash, but it set a precedent so who knows. From what I recall reading, Boo Bash events weren't as crowded as the parties

Oh gosh, I hope not. But I get why they most likely did it: Covid cancellations and travel bans.

Offically booked our dining. Any one out there who's debating it: common wisdom says eat a very hearty late lunch and don't waste party time on food. Resturant hours seem to have changed this year, with a break between lunch and dinner. Does anyone remember that being a thing before? I swear we could get a 3pm reservation, but now it's 2pm for the latest and 5pm for the earliest.

Offically booked our dining. Any one out there who's debating it: common wisdom says eat a very hearty late lunch and don't waste party time on food. Resturant hours seem to have changed this year, with a break between lunch and dinner. Does anyone remember that being a thing before? I swear we could get a 3pm reservation, but now it's 2pm for the latest and 5pm for the earliest.

We got a 4 p.m. for our party night at Tony's - know it's not one of the go-to restaurants for a lot of folks, but we've been in the past year and really enjoyed it. Only going with party tickets (so guessing no genie+) we are thinking it will be hot and crowded at 4 p.m. so going to take the time and eat on our way in.

If you're planning to eat at a nearby resort restaurant, many of them do close from 2-5 now. We are eating at Whispering Canyon at 1:30 the day of our party.

If you're planning to eat at a nearby resort restaurant, many of them do close from 2-5 now. We are eating at Whispering Canyon at 1:30 the day of our party.
Exactly - we'll be at the Grand for lunch at 2 on one day, and are hoping for Steakhouse 71' another day.

I probably am thinking of Boo Bash, but it set a precedent so who knows. From what I recall reading, Boo Bash events weren't as crowded as the parties were but I never went to one. Our last MNSSHP- 2017 or 18 as I recall, it was impossible to even move around. We ended up parking at the hub for hours to watch the shows and fireworks and sent runners for food- took them over an hour to get from the hub to Cosmic Rays and back. It was insane and we said then, never again. Yet here I am....:crazy:

For Boo Bash, it likely was due to lower capacity cap at pre-booking that sold out, and then once the cap was raised, allowed for more tickets to sell but did so at the parks. Don't think it'll happen for MNSSHP.

For Boo Bash, it likely was due to lower capacity cap at pre-booking that sold out, and then once the cap was raised, allowed for more tickets to sell but did so at the parks. Don't think it'll happen for MNSSHP.

I don't think so. As I recall, people asked about it and Disney claimed it was due to people moving party dates around. Hopefully that was a one off and we won't see it with MNSSHP.

This is our plan. Late big lunch at Whispering Canyon, then find ways to kill time before the party, like the Monorail loop.

Wow! I'm going the 19th, bought tickets ages ago. I have to wonder if they've reduced the number of tickets sold? Wishful thinking I suppose. lol
I mean, if they know they can’t staff the parties like the pre-pandemic parties, then it’s possible. But if that’s the case, it will probably feel crowded anyways. So kind of a wash.

It will be interesting to hear reports/opinions from people who went to sold out parties in 2019 and end up going to sold out parties this year.

We went to Boo Bash at DLR last fall. I'll just leave it at there's no question why Boo Bash sold out in a matter of days and MNSSHP only has 2 sold out just weeks from it starting. WDW should take tips from DLR, there's just no comparing the 2 parties. I'd do DLR again, but nope, sold out by the time I saw it.

We went to Boo Bash at DLR last fall. I'll just leave it at there's no question why Boo Bash sold out in a matter of days and MNSSHP only has 2 sold out just weeks from it starting. WDW should take tips from DLR, there's just no comparing the 2 parties. I'd do DLR again, but nope, sold out by the time I saw it.

Boo Bash was MK's after hours event last year. You went to Oogie Boogie Bash, but yes I've heard it's an amazing party (never been so I can't say from personal experience).

Boo Bash was MK's after hours event last year. You went to Oogie Boogie Bash, but yes I've heard it's an amazing party (never been so I can't say from personal experience).
LOL- I get them confused. Yes, it was Oogie Boogie Bash and it is amazing and not super crowded at all! I would do that one any chance I get. We'd go again just for that this year if it hadn't sold out lightening fast.

Just saw that they will be having the Halloween dessert party again...doesn’t give date to buy tix yet.

Disney has announced that the Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Dessert Party will return in 2022 during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Here’s the announcement:

For an even sweeter evening, you can indulge in a wickedly delicious Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party held at Tomorrowland Terrace. This festive addition lets you sip and snack on mouthwatering, Halloween-themed concoctions, including Pumpkin Cupcakes with frosting, Chocolate-covered Strawberries, Cheesecake Mousse with chocolate crumble topping and crisp pearls, and Pistachio White Chocolate Crunch Bar striped with purple chocolate and sprinkled with orange sanding sugar – how tasty! And did I mention this is all-you-care-to-enjoy sweets and specialty drinks? Plus, it gives you guaranteed viewing for “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular.” Be sure to book this one, as it fills quickly with witches, sorcerers, and treat-lovers alike.
Disney has not announced a way to make reservations or a date when reservations will open.”

Just saw that they will be having the Halloween dessert party again...doesn’t give date to buy tix yet.

Do you know if this will be the only party within the party? I'm wondering if they will have any areas roped off for parade viewing for parties or if the whole parade route (particularly the hub) will be available.

Do you know if this will be the only party within the party? I'm wondering if they will have any areas roped off for parade viewing for parties or if the whole parade route (particularly the hub) will be available.
I have no idea I just edited my post to include the party announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter