Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

Thank you! How far in advance are AP discounts normally released? I can't even find where the hotel discounts are located.

Not everything has been released, many of us are still waiting.
And I think, some have been delayed so I can't give you an exact date. It seems to differ every year.

I'm just posting this bit of info, typically I overlook these banners.

The boards will be upgraded tonight 3/29 begining at 7PM Eastern Time. The upgrade will take several hours. Thank you for your patience.

Did anyone catch the typo? begining pirate: :lmao:I don't know why it's so funny?!?!
I must have caught the silly bug!

Hi guys...EXTREMELY new to Universal and have a question. We have the preferred Annual Pass does that give you a discount on HHN tickets? If so, how do you get the discount?

Thanks
Last year there wasn't any discount for HHN tickets nor the daytime tour, think only discounts were for RIP tours and hotel (if you managed to snag it). Previous years there have been discounts on tickets including multi-night IIRC.

If you are interested in HHN it is fun and informative to read previous years threads. Last year was nearly normal except the releasing of tickets (think the multi-night tickets were release later than usual and with no discounts.)

The next level AP (premiere) gives you one free HHN ticket (think there are some blockout dates for the HHN ticket though),

Keep an eye on this thread as when/if AP discounts available (for both hotel/tickets) I often find out from eagle eyed folks here way before I would have found out on my own LOL

Last year there wasn't any discount for HHN tickets nor the daytime tour, think only discounts were for RIP tours and hotel (if you managed to snag it). Previous years there have been discounts on tickets including multi-night IIRC.

If you are interested in HHN it is fun and informative to read previous years threads. Last year was nearly normal except the releasing of tickets (think the multi-night tickets were release later than usual and with no discounts.)

The next level AP (premiere) gives you one free HHN ticket (think there are some blockout dates for the HHN ticket though),

Keep an eye on this thread as when/if AP discounts available (for both hotel/tickets) I often find out from eagle eyed folks here way before I would have found out on my own LOL
Great idea to read previous threads! Thanks 😊

I'll try to help, but I'll be a bit in the weeds for part of the answer.

I say book as soon as you know your dates. You'll pay a one-night deposit, but the deposit is refundable, I think, up to one week prior to the first day of the reservation. So, it would just cost you a refundable pre-payment of one night to book in advance. Then I check the reservation page of the resort periodically to see if the rate lowers for the exact room on the exact dates (usually when Annual Pass rates come out). Sometime it does, sometimes it doesn't. During HHN, the resorts get booked up and rates tend to climb as they do.

Unless things have changed, and I have not gone this route, so hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, if you book a package all at once, there would be a cancellation or change fee involved if you had to make a change.

Daytime tickets: If you're going four days or more, then compare the price of an Annual Pass. There are four tiers of APs with more discounts and benefits, and fewer or no blackout dates, as you move up in tiers. Otherwise, I'd try to get tickets as soon as possible, since they do not expire. NOTE: unless it has changed, some promotional deals (four days for the price of two) might have an expiration date. Just check the fine print.

You can then add the HHN tickets later when they go on sale. They only go up in price as the season continues, so go ahead and bite the bullet when your choice of ticket is available.

Since you say your trip is in a few years, it's great you are learning it all now. I'd say just do a fake, trial run of checking resort rooms and prices, make notes of daytime ticket prices, and then when HHN tickets go on sale and for how much. I know it can be a little daunting at first, but it's really not that bad with Universal. Just a matter of becoming familiar with they way they do things.

Just to give you an example for our HHN trip this year... I booked our Portofino room in February. Glad I did, because the price has gone up quite a bit since then (and surprisingly the deluxe rooms at Portofino were cheaper than standard rooms at Royal Pacific and Hard Rock at that time). We have APs, so I'll just need to renew them when able to do so, which will be this summer. I bought our Unmasking the Horror tickets when they went on sale recently so we could get the date and time we wanted. Price will not decrease, so get it while you can. We opt for the Frequent Fear with Express, so as soon as those are available, I'll get those too. Then it's just a matter of waiting for the HHN fog to roll in.

Great, thanks! This is kind of how I had it played out in my head, I'm glad I wasn't to far off. I already know the dates (sept 19-26), it probably seems silly to know the dates of a vacay that is happening in 4 yrs, but since it's going to be a big trip for me...my 50th and first time to HHN...and it's going to be my SiL, BiL, and best friend, i figured it 's better to get in on their calendars so they can start saving and know what's what.

I looked at last year's prices and added 10% to get a general idea of what it will cost. I added an AP for myself, and just regular tickets for them. Do you know if we book room only reservations, can we switch that to a package later? I've only ever booked packages for Universal. We're also going to have a girl's day and do the Unmasking the Horror tour, while the guys go off and do whatever it is they do when their wives aren't around lol

Hi everyone, its literally been years since I posted on this forum, I've missed everyone here.

So happy I have HHN holiday booked from 14th Sept - 28th Sept staying at CBBR, my 'usual'.

Question for the group - do you think as travel is looking likely (I'm coming over from the UK) that this HHN is going to be busy? My gut is saying yes, I feel like there is a lot of pent up demand!

Also can someone remind me, when does Rush of Fear usually get released?

Hi everyone, its literally been years since I posted on this forum, I've missed everyone here.

So happy I have HHN holiday booked from 14th Sept - 28th Sept staying at CBBR, my 'usual'.

Question for the group - do you think as travel is looking likely (I'm coming over from the UK) that this HHN is going to be busy? My gut is saying yes, I feel like there is a lot of pent up demand!

Last year I bought my Rush of Fear tickets on Aug 5 which was my birthday while I was at Disney World. Don’t know if a month before the event starts is the common release or the whole pandemic messed with the timing of everything. 2019 might be a better reference year than 2021

Can you buy the HHN express passes yet? I cannot find them on the Universal Studios website?

Last year I bought my Rush of Fear tickets on Aug 5 which was my birthday while I was at Disney World. Don’t know if a month before the event starts is the common release or the whole pandemic messed with the timing of everything. 2019 might be a better reference year than 2021

They were released really late last year. However, I think single day tickets are being released kind of early this year. Pre-covid, I thought the BOGO tickets were usually released in April or May. They weren't release last year. I thought single day tickets were released just before the BOGO expired. Multi-day tickets were not usually released until at least June, after the BOGO expired. So, I would expect them to be released sometime this summer.

Can you buy the HHN express passes yet? I cannot find them on the Universal Studios website?

Not yet.

I last went to HHN in 2018, and I can't even remember when I purchased my rush of fear, I've also been super surprised that the event starts on the 9th Sept! A whole extra week than what we had back 4 years ago 🤣

I'm very excited!

Hey Rachel!!!

You have been missed!!!

Yes, this year will be a busy one for sure......we`ll be there too in September and if the line up for the houses impresses us, we`ll be buying the RoF as usual with EP included. If the line up disappoints, last years didn`t impress me at all, then we may just go one or two nights.

Good to see you though.......

More hhn info will be released later
Hang tight and we will know more details later

I’m sure we will get more info after the first pre sales are done

I don’t rush out the door when park prices for the HHN event is first released

I wait until full info is released

Do you need express passes if you're planning on going 3 or 4 nights?

We wouldn`t be without EP and we can usually manage 10 nights over our stay, we don`t always go in all of those nights though.

It depends on your tolerances of course.....many are fine waiting in line and with four nights, you could do certainly do all the houses without having EP.

These pictures were both very early in the event in 2018/19, I believe one was opening night when it`s supposed to be a quiet time, we find there might be some quieter nights, but it`s not so quiet anymore.

There are always some houses with a shorter line than others so every house is not jammed like the main ones. It`s a personal choice for sure.

i-4Dcc95F-X2.jpg

i-LvWp6NP-X2.jpg

Multi day tix release date will be in last year’s thread. i just checked my notes, purchased our stuff 9/2. I did wait to get it all once, was waiting for something, just can‘t remember which component.

Attachments

• 60CBBC36-8993-4A73-B20D-62FE06F26188.jpeg
    60CBBC36-8993-4A73-B20D-62FE06F26188.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 12
We wouldn`t be without EP and we can usually manage 10 nights over our stay, we don`t always go in all of those nights though.

It depends on your tolerances of course.....many are fine waiting in line and with four nights, you could do certainly do all the houses without having EP.

These pictures were both very early in the event in 2018/19, I believe one was opening night when it`s supposed to be a quiet time, we find there might be some quieter nights, but it`s not so quiet anymore.

There are always some houses with a shorter line than others so every house is not jammed like the main ones. It`s a personal choice for sure.

i-4Dcc95F-X2.jpg

i-LvWp6NP-X2.jpg

Wow! I knew it was crowded but not on that level lol We will def get EP, I'll let the crew we're going with know and show them these pics...that way they can see why spending the extra $$ is justified. I want to be able to fully enjoy everything and waiting in line kills the mood. I definitely want to be able to hang out in the scare zones and people watch and eat all the food, if we're waiting in line we wouldn't have much time to do that.

Newbie to this event. Can anyone tell me how quickly a single night (mid October/mid-week) tix will sell out? Should we be buying these right now or can we wait a bit?

That's what it looked like inside the park, here's a photo I took last year 2021 on the balcony of the gate entrance. It's not a complete picture, there were more guests on the left and right and an impressive amount behind them.
These are guests without regular park tickets and I'm sure those who had them didn't arrive early enough to get into a Scream Zone.
1648656974385.png

They were waiting for the arrival of Jack...
1648657992082.png

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter